07-20-09, 05:12 AM   #1
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Simple Threat Meter

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10399-SimpleThreatMeter.html

I created this back in mid-TBC and have maintained it off and on ever since.

The whole goal is to make it as easy as possible for the player to assess their threat situation.

I use Omen myself as well, because there are always odd gimic fights, where you need multiple tanks above you, or I might need to keep threat and know who is under me and how far.

For the other 95% of fights though, all I really care about is how close I am to pulling aggro off the tank of what I am hitting and that's what this mod is designed to deal with simply and configurably.

Oh yeah, and I wanted a VERTICAL bar, not just another horizontal bar somewhere.

I've still got on my TO DO list - warnings, both visual (text to /rw or SCT/MSBT etc) and audio (play a selected sound) and that should be done soon.

Thoughts?
07-29-09, 03:31 AM   #2
Grzzlsptzz
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I love this addon, perhaps add an option to change text positions? And text orientation (verticle bar... verticle text? mmmm)

<3
07-29-09, 04:39 AM   #3
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm at work currently, but I don't think vertical text is possible.

I was considering making the text position configurable, yup.

Do you think that just offering 4/8 options would be sufficient? Text offset to the: Left, Top, Right, Bottom
07-29-09, 02:41 PM   #4
Grzzlsptzz
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
something with coordinates obviously would be better, but just being able to move one or the other texts to the top/side would be incredible
01-12-10, 11:11 AM   #5
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

Updated with a new version that includes a bunch more options and a selection of audio warnings!

Still working on the new layout options, to allow text to be anchored off different corners.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Simple Threat Meter