07-03-05, 03:52 PM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Kael Cycle Mod's Version Number Scheme Explained

I'm writing this out so that people who care to undertand will be able to understand what the basic elements of my numbering scheme are. I also am writing this down for my own benifit so that I have a written guide line when deciding what the new version number will be.

here is the basic syntax:

[p] major.minor[lesser]

[p] - optional, indicates that the mod is in a pre-release state basically an alpha.
major - required represent the major points along my roadmap.
minor - will only be incremented if there has been a significant change to the feature set.
[lesser] - optional, a letter indicating that bugfixes or minor feature set changes have been implemented.

most of my mods will be released at the 0.90 state. if I issue a release with bug fixes or minor tweaks than instead of making 1.0 or .91 I will make 0.90a.

However, if a major change has been implmented then it would be incrimented up to .91

When a roadmap landmark has been met then I will update the major version.

I.E. if I've done everything I planned on doing by the first landmark then I'll icrement up to 1.0

I hope that makes some kinda sense, if it doesn't post so I can try to clarify it.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Kael Cycle Mod's Version Number Scheme Explained