07-04-05, 10:55 PM   #1
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Sparkles Hunter Compilation just released

Download

Hi, I just released my very first add on compilation and I want suggestions for not only improvement but streamlining it. I am still working on the size thus I have labeled it 'alpha"

It takes from 35 to 42 memory useage, causes no fps problems or any lag at all for me.
I have tested my UI with or without it and I do not get a reduction in fps at all.

Thanks!

~Sparkle, 60th Huntress Kel'thuzad, Nyssaah 39th Huntress Gorgonnash, Chaotica, 29th Huntress Argent Dawn~

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-04-05 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Added link to the download - Cair
07-04-05, 11:08 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Looks good Sparkle.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-04-05, 11:11 PM   #3
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks and thainks for the link
07-04-05, 11:15 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You're welcome.
07-06-05, 07:01 PM   #5
madmurr
A Defias Bandit
Hey, I'm a complete UI newb...I downloaded your Sparkle UI and have been playing with it. I like it so far but I do have one question...with the Discord bar, I set up some abilities on bar 1 and set it up to be the Main bar, but I'm not getting those abilities to correspond to the numbers across the top of the keyboard. (I'm used to hitting '5' for Hunter's Mark and '6' for Conc Shot, etc...) Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks for your help and a great mod

Madmurr
07-06-05, 07:08 PM   #6
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Yes I had the same issue when I first started to do this, here is what you do:

Using my set up as the example

I have Bar 2 as my "main bar" that I wanted the corresponding numbers on (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.) So you go into your main menu in game (computer icon) and open Key Bindings.

Then scroll down to where it says "Discord Action Bars v1.64. Now your in the right general area.

Now scroll til you see the bar you chose, in my case its Bar 2. So you'll see it say
Button 1:
Button 2:
Button 3:
Button 4:

And so on and so forth

Enter the number you want to correspond to the action there.

So on mine its

Bar 2:
Button 1: 1
Button 2: 2
Button 3: 3
Button 4: 4
Button 5: 5

and so on as you go down. This sets it up like Blizzards. Probably wise to choose "Bar 1" for future ease of use as your main bar, dont know why I got bar 2!

Hope that helps, it was real easy once I got into the right menu area. Incidentally you can also use keys F1, F2 and so on, I just liked it set up like Blizzards, I use the F keys for opening up other stuff like moveanything

Good luck!!
07-06-05, 08:04 PM   #7
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok, whew I didnt delete this area when I updated , lol, first time Ive done it so wasnt sure .

Anyway, hope it goes through, downsized it, and whatnot.
07-06-05, 08:07 PM   #8
Remelio

Link should work just fine again now it was just waiting to be approved
07-06-05, 08:49 PM   #9
madmurr
A Defias Bandit
Hey thanks for the quick reply, I will check it out!

Madmurr
07-07-05, 02:36 AM   #10
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hey looks like you did a pretty good job on your first compulation.

Things I did notice though,

on your patch notes it says you took out things like my KC_EnhancedTrades(sad me hehe)but its still in there, so is KC_Items, but I didn't see Ace.

Also Enchantrix is still in there as is Gatherer, also it looks like Tacklebox is still in there(unless fishease uses a tacklebox folder name).

Also as far as file size if you use a 'best' compression method you can actually shrink your zip file.

If your using the standard windows zip program go to www.rarlabs.com and DL winrar.

After deleating KC_Items,KC_EnhancedTrades, Gatherer Enchantrix, Auctioneer, and EnhTooltip I got the zip file down to 5.11MB too bad sites, and more people, don't support the .rar format though, got it down to 4.12MB.

Like I said though, awesome job there on your first compilation. Keep it up and if you have any questions just ask away!

Later

when using its zip compression on high I was able to shrink your stuff down to 5.6MB.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-07-05, 05:41 AM   #11
Remelio

/ThreadDerail on
Actually we use RAR almost exclusively at work... its a nice lil program and compression method, but like you say not much stuff out there works *with* it (like for example its a PITA to check files that are uploaded with .rar but .zip files are a breeze because the admin stuff works with it better)
/ThreadDerail off

07-07-05, 08:03 AM   #12
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hmmm Ok let me see what I did there. Thanks very much and I loved your add on , it was honestly j ust size issues but Ill try your reccomendations!!
07-07-05, 08:13 AM   #13
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kaelten
hey looks like you did a pretty good job on your first compulation.

Things I did notice though,

on your patch notes it says you took out things like my KC_EnhancedTrades(sad me hehe)but its still in there, so is KC_Items, but I didn't see Ace.

Also Enchantrix is still in there as is Gatherer, also it looks like Tacklebox is still in there(unless fishease uses a tacklebox folder name).

Also as far as file size if you use a 'best' compression method you can actually shrink your zip file.

If your using the standard windows zip program go to www.rarlabs.com and DL winrar.

After deleating KC_Items,KC_EnhancedTrades, Gatherer Enchantrix, Auctioneer, and EnhTooltip I got the zip file down to 5.11MB too bad sites, and more people, don't support the .rar format though, got it down to 4.12MB.

Like I said though, awesome job there on your first compilation. Keep it up and if you have any questions just ask away!

Later

when using its zip compression on high I was able to shrink your stuff down to 5.6MB.
Hey Kaelten,

Couple questions (dont mind the derailing if its for a good cause Remelio!!)

1) What file did you download because the one I just downloaded from my page doesnt include those things ;/ so not sure.
Let me know if you see this what one you grabbed.

2) I have Winrar....And honestly I could not get it to zip things up for me, mostly just out of not knowing how, in fact, Kind Cairenn here helped me with how to zip things period as I just never do it! If you could possible tell me how to zip the Interface folder with Winrar, Id be extremely happy!!! Thank you.

Thanks for your comments, I hope that I have it fixed in regard to Gatherer and all those being included. I will see about using Winrar with some help and adding yours and the others back in.

Sparkle/Nyssaah
07-07-05, 08:36 AM   #14
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Small note: Nurfed Debuff bars crashed my game and others. Removed it, must be some conflict.
07-07-05, 08:52 AM   #15
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm maybe they made it so that if your waiting to get approved it lets you download the old one. Maybe I cought it in the slack time. hehe.

well the way I do it is I right lick on the directory that I want to make into an archive then I select add to archive.

change it from Rar format to Zip and below that make sure the box says best.

I've attached a SS to try to help it make sense for you. let me know if you have any other questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winrar.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	107  

07-07-05, 08:53 AM   #16
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
no offense taken by you dropping my addon, I understand completely.

I hate to say it but the next version is going to be larget size wise... but of course more feature packed as always.

07-07-05, 09:25 AM   #17
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
For now Im just putting a reccomended thingy in my description as I use it myself, I can also put a link.

And for my own personal use dont mind it being large, its just for uploading my package.

Ill try using rar next time...lol. I just dont seem to be good with it. BUt I will give it a shot.
07-07-05, 09:32 AM   #18
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, np. just let me know

07-07-05, 10:41 AM   #19
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Kaelten, sorry about this but I get to the frame you posted a screenie of and its all fine, I call it Sparkle.zip...but then when I get to my path c/worldofwarcraft/interface and try to select interface and click ok to zip it , it says "No files selected".

I guess its just me not knowing the right path of things to do to zip the interface file. I didnt want to select each addon , seems like that would be hard for people to install.

Thanks for any help.

I am a newb at zipping hehe, pretty good at unzipping though!
07-07-05, 10:54 AM   #20
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
doing it that way you have to go to the tab named files click the append button next to the box that says files to add.

then select the directory.

then you should be ok.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Sparkles Hunter Compilation just released