06-08-05, 11:27 AM   #21
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ok good news! I'm a dumb arse!

lol, I know whats causing the problem and its because I was trying to do something 'the easy way' and it was me being stupid.... I'll have a real fix up in about 5 mins.

06-08-05, 11:34 AM   #22
kuroshiro
Premium Member
Premium Member
Where do I get KC_Items and Ace from? I just downloaded the addon, but it won't run because of those dependencies and they're not in the zip file.

06-08-05, 11:38 AM   #23
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ooops!

In a rush to get things updated quickly I didn't zip them with it

They are in the new one I just uploaded but it may take a few moments to get approved.

sorry!

06-08-05, 11:39 AM   #24
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's approved, go snag.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

06-08-05, 11:40 AM   #25
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Hehe, thanks Cairenn, I know I've probably updated like 15 or so times this morning.

thanks for putting up with my eraticness.

06-08-05, 11:44 AM   #26
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Cluey:
I could.

However,

KC_Items will oneday have a BankItems type interface to sit ontop of it, I'm also going to develop it in a way where mod authors can have easy access to all of the bank info like that.

Or such is a long term goal.

Also in reference to SortEnchant. I have it also as a goal to either make KCET work with it and or to copy its functionality in a future update.

I have every intention of taking all my addons to their uptmost potential and not leaving them at the wayside.

At this point I fully expect modding to keep me playing and paying for WoW long after I normally would have bored with the game.

06-08-05, 11:44 AM   #27
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Not a problem.

06-08-05, 11:59 AM   #28
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Wow, 10 mins without a error report! woot!

No one thing, one of the things about enchanting for me is I don't have access to a decent level enchanter. So I'll probably issue a beta version anytime I make major changes int he way enchanting was handled so it could be tested better than just I could by myself.

I'll probably also consider lvl uping an enchanter a little bit, so I can test most things.

06-08-05, 12:04 PM   #29
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well it all looks good now, as I am only missing some of the high level forumla's I haven't clicked on them all but it did seem to be working right.
So I added SortEnchant to the mix
It almost works but I got two errors:

String: Interface\AddOns\KC_EnhancedTrades\KC_Enhan...
Line: 284
Count: 21
Error: attempt to compare number with nil

Line: 285
Count: 16
Error: attempt to compare number with nil

The counts are different as they happen doing different things.
Given that it is now 4am in Oz I might call it a night
When I am a little more alert I will try and work out what triggers each error, unless of course you manage to sort it out while I sleep

Thanks for your efforts

ps. I had a look at my SavedVariables.lua file to see what was in there and I thought I spotted what could easilly become a BankItems mod, maybe it would be worth an email to Kaitlin and Jason to see if they are interested in using your backend, you could even mention it to Guvante from SortEnchant. Sure it won't be all your work but you would have more time to play the game

06-08-05, 12:29 PM   #30
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
lol spoke too soon.

Well I fixed that, just me being stupid sorry.

06-08-05, 01:14 PM   #31
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Installed 0.92c and tried disabling some other addOns that affect skills windows of any sort while keeping KCET enabled. No difference in the Beast Training window. Still no data. Only when I disable KCET (this includes all modules created by the zip file) can I see the data in Beast Training window.

The mods I've tried disabling are SortEnchant, Acuzod's Available Only, and TrainerSkills.

06-08-05, 01:25 PM   #32
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
So I didn't get to sleep yet...

looks like its almost perfect, I am now geting a SortEnchant error but this might be related to a bug which makes the 'bracers' section expand and colapse by itsself so I will let him know too

String: Interface\AddOns\SortEnchant\SortEnchant.lu...
Line: 571
Count: 5
Error: Usage: GetCraftNumReagents(index)

Then I decided to go through and click on every enchant I have and I got this error:

Line: 292
Count: 1
Error: attempt to concatenate local `reagentName' (a nil value)

It happened more than once and I think I worked out what it was as I was able to predict which enchant would give me the next error
I am not sure how what you are doing works but the error message clued me in and I think it was finding reagents it wasn't expecting.
The first time it did it was on 'Enchant Gloves Minor Mining' which uses 'Iron Ore'
Then on 'Enchant Gloves Skinning' which uses 'Green Whelp Scale'
A few of the 'enchanting rods' also errord, not all of them but the 'Runed Arcanite Rod' did and it needs an 'Arcanite Rod' to be made, the picture for it was the last to load by 1-2 seconds.
Then in the create wand section it errored on the two types of wood, I can't remember both the names though, one is 'Star Wood'.
After restarting the game the SortEnchant errors still came up but your ones did not

On a side note is it possible for you to modify the name of the enchants?
I ask as some of them are long enough that the numbers end up in the scroll bar, the ones which caught my eye were the weapon enchants, they are called things like:
Enchant 2H Weapon - Superior Impact
Enchant Weapon - Unholy Weapon
The word Enchant is completly redundent!
Melee Weapon would have been better but 2H Weapon and Weapon would be fine, the description tells you that its for a melee weapon or a 2H melee weapon anyway.
If it is possible to do this let me know and I will have a look at which ones need to be shortened.
I ended up looking anyway and if it is possible to remove the word Enchant from the enchants which start with it that would be great

06-08-05, 01:57 PM   #33
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm thats really odd Henna, I'll see if I Can replicate the error, seems like I had a low level hunter around somewhere.

Cluey actualyl your right. It has to do with the fact that blizzard implemented some sort of anti data mining techniques and until those are disabled ( by lookat at the forumla for instance) that error message shows up. Funny thing is that unless I'm wrong now that you triggered all the errors of that type it probably won't happen anymore, until you get some new enchants.

One question Cluey. One part of the code for enchanters is susposed to take into account the conversion ratio of greater/lesser essences. Right now it only looks into your bank for those, but it'll check your inventory soon too. Been too busy fixing bugs to finish it yet.

Could you possibly verify if its doing it write?

I should be able to do the name shorting, probably best way for me to do this is to check to see if the first 7 letters are the word enchant and then strip them if it is.

I'll fix that bug and see if I Can hammer out a few more features and then I'll post 0.93

06-08-05, 01:58 PM   #34
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Working well. I sent you an e-mail with a small graphic glitch. Not sure if it is my end thou. At work and loading WoW in the background

This is a definite must have addon!!

Edit: The graphic thing I saw was actually intentional and now that it is explained a welcome addition.

Last edited by Bouvi : 06-08-05 at 02:02 PM.

06-08-05, 02:55 PM   #35
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Good news for hunters! I figured out what was going on with the Beast Training window. Turns out blizzard uses the same frame there as they do in enchanting (although why I'll never know)

I've got a fix in place and will be releasing soon.

06-08-05, 04:07 PM   #36
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ok guys new version is out now! think I got all the bugs reported squared away a few minor features added(hopefully no more bugs accompied them) and a couple of other odds and ins.

Let me know what happens.

06-08-05, 09:27 PM   #37
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Can anyone confirm for me wether or not the essence conversion is working for enchanters?

06-08-05, 10:20 PM   #38
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
I got some sleep and when I checked the version number you have had a few revisions!
I haven't tested the essence conversion as I got an error when I opened the enchating window:

Count: 10
Error: header
--------------------------------------------------
Count: 6
Error: trivial
String: Interface\AddOns\SortEnchant\SortEnchant.lu...
Line: 571
Count: 1
Error: Usage: GetCraftNumReagents(index)

As you can see that is with SortEnchant going at the same time, so I disabled it and get this error:

Count: Infinite
Error: optimal
Error: medium
Error: easy
Error: trivial

From what I can work out it looks like you have added something to do with with the difficulty of the skill and the chances of getting a skill up from doing it.
The first two errors came up when I opened the enchanting window and the other two came up after I scrolled down and the green and then grey items were visible.

06-08-05, 11:03 PM   #39
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Version 0.95 now shows me the skills in the Beast Training window but I get the following error when I open it:
Count: 16
Error: none
and again on the second open:
Count: infinite
Error: none
The third time I open the window, no error.

06-08-05, 11:11 PM   #40
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
are you guys getting any line numbers on those? Or what the error actually is? Does it actually effect things or does it only show up in the enhanced error catcher?

EDIT: I mean I can see where those values are coming from for the most part, but I'm not sure what they could be doing that could be causing an error.

Last edited by Kaelten : 06-08-05 at 11:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Beta Testers Wanted - KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite