01-10-11, 09:39 AM   #1
cjshrader
A Kobold Labourer
No Longer Uses Flight Points while Guiding

Hello all,

After I upgraded to the newest version of Carbonite, when being guided on quests, it no longer attempts to use flight points. It only gives me the walking path to get to my quest. Is there a solution for this?

01-11-11, 08:28 PM   #2
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
to be honest, I accutally prefer it without routing through flight path's, just for the sole sake of putting a goto on my destination or what not then start flying that way and going afk to bio or do whatever.

So for the sake of the arguement, if it is a bug, or not, a option to include or not include flight paths would be a great thing to have, unless its in there now and we havent seen it yet :P

01-13-11, 05:42 PM   #3
lightmaster
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issue and actually using the previous version (4.032 I think) until an update for it comes out. I'd like it to use flight paths if you don't have 310% flying and not to use flight paths if you do have 310% flying. Giving an option between using flight paths and not would also be a good fix.

01-14-11, 02:04 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
I'm having the same issue and actually using the previous version (4.032 I think) until an update for it comes out.
The latest release is 4.033. Using an old version is entirely pointless.

01-14-11, 09:12 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There was a reason for the update from 4.032 to 4.033. Probably several. To not use it because you don't like this one change seems foolish.

Ideally, the addon would calculate the (approximate) time it would take to fly directly using your max available flying speed, compare that to the time it would take to fly to the nearest taxi, take the taxi, and fly from the nearest destination to your ultimate goal, and suggest the taxi only when there is a significant time improvement (some arbitrary number of seconds, for example 15 or 30). If the times are pretty much equal (± 10 seconds, say) then I would think the cost of taking the taxi would suggest flying directly is better. But that's a lot of programming effort, and I don't know how well it would actually work in practice.

If the ideal solution above is impractical, then the devs have to weigh the complaints of one group ("I don't want it to route me via taxi when I have 310% flying myself") against those of the other ("I want my taxis back!"). The former group, it seems to me, has been larger/louder, so that's the way they went.

Just my two copper coins.

01-15-11, 05:12 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Unless I'm much mistaken, Faatal specified that the loss of the HUD arrow and time while taking a taxi was broken due to a change in the programming, and that it's unintentional. My guess would be that that same bug is what's not routing you through flight points. Since the developers haven't mentioned anywhere that not routing through flight points is intentional, I'll go ahead and assume it is in fact unintentional until otherwise stated.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No Longer Uses Flight Points while Guiding