Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I saw that picture on Reddit weeks ago.

01-07-14, 05:11 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The lighthouses on Lake Michigan do freeze more often than you think.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-07-14, 05:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here is a shot from this morning I just found in my Facebook feed. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1648288&type=1
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-07-14, 06:01 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Why would any human being want to live in such a place?
01-07-14, 06:23 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It really is quite pretty. I miss living in MI. And you only get that on the Great Lakes (Michigan and Superior- don't remember about Huron). From the wind and the waves and the cold in the dead of winter.

01-07-14, 08:38 PM   #7
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It really is quite pretty. I miss living in MI. And you only get that on the Great Lakes (Michigan and Superior- don't remember about Huron). From the wind and the waves and the cold in the dead of winter.
It's about the same as Erie for Huron, you get some ice, just not that much.
01-07-14, 11:55 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm in the burbs just outside of Chicago, and it was 20 below the other night. I've never been in weather that cold before, nor have I ever seen this much snow. It's quite beautiful, and I don't mind it as long as it doesn't interfere with getting groceries and whatnot. Funny though because no sooner does the Home Owners Association guys get our driveway, sidewalks, and walkways shoveled off they get covered up again.

Hopefully this mess will be over with by the 25th. Going to fly out to meet my daughter down in Orlando to go to Universal Studios, then flying out to Knoxville to see Keith Urban again...we just saw him last month lol. One can never get enough of Keith Urban. /nods
01-08-14, 12:05 AM   #9
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
One can never get enough of Keith Urban. /nods
Mmm there was a time when I went touring with a band, got tired of em pretty quick even though they were awesome guys.
01-08-14, 04:04 PM   #10
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Going to fly out to meet my daughter down in Orlando to go to Universal Studios,
If you want to do the Harry Potter ride in the castle (and are not paying the extra fee to move up in line), I suggest you get to Universal early so you can get in when the gates open and make haste to the castle. Skip ButterBeer for later (if at all). It's a fun ride but not worth waiting two hours or more (which seems to happen quite often).
01-09-14, 05:01 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you! I think that move up in the line thing comes complimentary with our stay at the hotel, but don't quote me on that. We will be hitting US early though, just in case. Thanks for the tip!!!
01-10-14, 11:50 AM   #12
Gallyni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow again which I don't mind, it's the frigid weather that really get's to me.
01-10-14, 12:07 PM   #13
Duugu
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Gallyni View Post
It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt.
Oh noes.
I've learned today that the reason for the currently warm weather in old europe is the 'artic cold' in north america. Sounds as I would have to prepare my winter clothes ... finaly. :/ Guess I can't complain. We had a warm december and nothing lasts forever.
01-10-14, 12:39 PM   #14
Gallyni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Oh noes.
I've learned today that the reason for the currently warm weather in old europe is the 'artic cold' in north america. Sounds as I would have to prepare my winter clothes ... finaly. :/ Guess I can't complain. We had a warm december and nothing lasts forever.
Get out your warm clothes out is right. Hope you don't have -11 or -6 or whatever it was we had. My furnace ran non-stop for 3 days.
01-10-14, 01:30 PM   #15
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gallyni View Post
It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow again which I don't mind, it's the frigid weather that really get's to me.
OMG they do exist! I'm in Columbus myself. But yeah it was cold my furnace actually burned out the blower fan cause it ran so much. Good thing it wasn't a long fix.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Pretty cold out here.