08-06-13, 11:43 PM   #1
Serra44
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite 5.3 alpha 1 R - Skinner

Hello Rythal and once again than you for all your hard work on Carbonite, my favorite addon in the whole wide world!

The alpha release does not work with Skinner. I realize that this is probably up to the author of Skinner to update, I sent him a message but I didn't get a response, I think he wants to wait for a proper release.

Would it be possible to use the carbonite.lua in the extras folder (the one for use with npc scan) also for Skinner? Or would it be possible to make one for Skinner (to put in the Modules / Skin Me folder)?

Keep up the good work!

08-13-13, 11:14 PM   #2
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Serra44 View Post
Hello Rythal and once again than you for all your hard work on Carbonite, my favorite addon in the whole wide world!

The alpha release does not work with Skinner. I realize that this is probably up to the author of Skinner to update, I sent him a message but I didn't get a response, I think he wants to wait for a proper release.

Would it be possible to use the carbonite.lua in the extras folder (the one for use with npc scan) also for Skinner? Or would it be possible to make one for Skinner (to put in the Modules / Skin Me folder)?

Keep up the good work!
I'm sure he'll answer this, I have been hounding Rythal for a while to allow skinning via shared media. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say, it's not on his list of priorities, but I can guarantee you when he does get it done I will be the first to scream from the mountain "Carbonite has been skinned!"

08-18-13, 12:16 AM   #3
Serra44
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
I'm sure he'll answer this, I have been hounding Rythal for a while to allow skinning via shared media. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say, it's not on his list of priorities, but I can guarantee you when he does get it done I will be the first to scream from the mountain "Carbonite has been skinned!"
I sincerely hope so! I spent a lot (Erm.. I mean A LOT) of time on my interface and, sorry...but...looks are important too! Skinning via shared media would work for me as well, Skinner just makes life easy.

In my defence I am a girl and a perfectionist, not the easiest 'customer' to please I know
I understand it's not a priority, but personally I'd take prettyness over functionality anytime hahaha!

08-18-13, 11:12 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I do sometimes work on non-important stuff :P like the broker compatibility.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.3 alpha 1 R - Skinner