05-09-15, 03:46 AM   #1
schaka
A Kobold Labourer
Old source code

Now that Carbonite source is freely available and doesn't come obfuscated anymore, is the source code from the early TBC/Wrath versions available somewhere?
I'd really like to look into it. I was able to found the obfuscated code for one of the later TBC (maybe early Wrath, can't say) versions, but it doesn't really give me any insights as to how things worked and such.

I work on a project called Questie (due to recent demand) and there are a lot of features Carbonite offered even back then, that we don't offer today. Would be really cool to sort of "revive" that old code. I really like to challenge myself when it comes to seeing what would have been possible "ages ago" if people had done things differently or just had had more knowledge readily available.
05-09-15, 09:51 AM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Red face

Originally Posted by schaka View Post
Now that Carbonite source is freely available and doesn't come obfuscated anymore, is the source code from the early TBC/Wrath versions available somewhere?
I'd really like to look into it. I was able to found the obfuscated code for one of the later TBC (maybe early Wrath, can't say) versions, but it doesn't really give me any insights as to how things worked and such.

I work on a project called Questie (due to recent demand) and there are a lot of features Carbonite offered even back then, that we don't offer today. Would be really cool to sort of "revive" that old code. I really like to challenge myself when it comes to seeing what would have been possible "ages ago" if people had done things differently or just had had more knowledge readily available.
Try here under archived versions.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aps.html#other

Before Rythal cleaned up the code this in the only versions available. Obfuscated and all so no clean code is available for review pre Rythal.....

Regards Thrumbar

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Old source code