07-19-09, 04:08 PM   #1
VG2013
A Kobold Labourer
Help with Carbonite?

I have a vista laptop and i tried downloading Carbonite. Well, it opened with a program called winRAR and i extracted the add on to Public Documents/World of Warcraft/Interfaces/Addons
All the files that are supposed to be there are there. But, when i log onto WoW, i doesn't show up in my addons and i cant enable/disable it. Anyone know what's goin on?
07-19-09, 06:17 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open up your Addons folder

Does it show 3 folders named
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer

Or does it show 1 folder named
Carbonite-3.130.zip

If it is the 1st choice you may have installed the addon onto the wrong folder. Check your install directory for WoW. I believe in Vista you can R-Click a shortcut and choose an option to open the folder it goes to.

If it is choice 2 then go into the Carbonite-3.130 folder and take those 3 folders and move them back one directory.

The easiest way I find to install addons is to open your addon folder.
Open the addon zip you downloaded.
DRAG the files from the zip window to your addon window and drop them there.
07-20-09, 04:39 AM   #3
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree.. I always dl to desktop, then unzip (I use winrar as well) onto the desktop and drag the files onto my "AddOns" folder shortcut.

One other possibility which I have experienced from time to time is that occasionally the unzipped file is somehow protected. An easy way to find this out is to go into the folder of the addon and try to open one of the files (the .toc for example with notepad). If you cannot open it, somehow your dl was corrupted, so just try re=dling it and extracting.

Hope that helps

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with Carbonite?