10-23-08, 11:10 PM   #121
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by bruj0 View Post
I modified Kgpanels to use libBanzai and retint all the panels to red on aggro and back to normal when losing aggro. This was done because the "onevent" scripts that kgpanels uses dont work well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/156876674/kgpanels.rar.html

Theres also a directory inside "config" with my layout. Im going to finish the hotspots implementation and release my UI:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18780
I downloaded your modified KgPanels and all I have to say is you rock. I just suddenly started getting errors from the scripts, after they were working perfectly fine for the longest. Glad someone understands this LUA stuff, haha.
10-24-08, 01:58 AM   #122
bruj0
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ratselblitz View Post
Good luck guys.... I'm using the Spartan UI and I'll likely never look back at anything that has "Mazzle" associated with it.
I wont go back if it gets fixed either, a closed project is a dead project.

http://www.opensource.org/

Cheers
10-24-08, 10:40 AM   #123
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Please keep it civil. There's plenty of other forums you can go to flame people.
10-24-08, 11:34 AM   #124
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I wish I had more time and more LUA know-how. I've always wanted to see this UI return to it's former glory. Irregardless, best of luck Mazzle.
10-24-08, 11:58 AM   #125
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
Please keep it civil. There's plenty of other forums you can go to flame people.
We need a forum where we can praise people. I did play all of BC with mazzle UI. That is more then 100 days of ingame playing. You can not believe how much of the fun just comes from using the UI.

It is still the best layout wise. Now I do miss the mazzlefier with the cute gnome and all the funny questions, but damn, just for playing with the UI I don't care.
10-24-08, 04:12 PM   #126
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If Im reading this thread correctly, everyone is attempting to fix the UI with copyright infringements being placed on the new solutions or releases...Outdated code that Mazzle has copyrighted and chosen to not fix him/herself. This sounds to me like the old 2 steps forward 3 steps back guys...Dont waste your time on this UI anymore and IMO start from scratch...somewhere along the line Mazzle has forgotten all the fun this UI has brought and decided its a money thing...I hope you all dont stick around here praying Mazzle is going to lift a finger on this stuff anymore...cause from what I have read throughout this forum, Mazzle dont want to nor cares too...and Mazzle dont look at this as a flameing cause its not meant to be, its just the honest to gods truth. If you really want to help these guys fix the UI you should sell them the copyright and go...cause you obviously have zero interest in WOW anymore and your doing nothing but standing in the way of these guys help to fix it...anyways, ty all for your hard work in the past(this includes you Mazzle) and I wish you all the best!! goodbye and goodluck in all your endeavors!
10-24-08, 04:57 PM   #127
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by lectrcsprx View Post
If Im reading this thread correctly, everyone is attempting to fix the UI with copyright infringements being placed on the new solutions or releases...Outdated code that Mazzle has copyrighted and chosen to not fix him/herself. This sounds to me like the old 2 steps forward 3 steps back guys...Dont waste your time on this UI anymore and IMO start from scratch...somewhere along the line Mazzle has forgotten all the fun this UI has brought and decided its a money thing...I hope you all dont stick around here praying Mazzle is going to lift a finger on this stuff anymore...cause from what I have read throughout this forum, Mazzle dont want to nor cares too...and Mazzle dont look at this as a flaming cause its not meant to be, its just the honest to gods truth. If you really want to help these guys fix the UI you should sell them the copyright and go...cause you obviously have zero interest in WOW anymore and your doing nothing but standing in the way of these guys help to fix it...anyways, ty all for your hard work in the past(this includes you Mazzle) and I wish you all the best!! goodbye and goodluck in all your endeavors!
I wont speak for Mazz, but you've obviously gotten something out the posts here that isn't true. Mazzle doesn't make any money from this, rofl. It's not about money. It is about keeping ownership over the work he put hours and hours of effort into. Copywritten material is owned by the creator. Downloading mp3's and movies tends to make people forget this.
10-24-08, 05:06 PM   #128
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What you're saying is completely uninformed. I actually help people release bug fixes. I have worked closely with all the people that have done them in the past.

That said, I have no idea what the current people are trying to do. *shrug*
10-24-08, 05:31 PM   #129
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
All you people complaining are doing nothing but slowing things down. If you're not working with the crew to fix the problem then GTFO of this thread. Hell even this forum. All your QQ is doing nothing but slowing things down. If you don't intend to use MazzleUI if it gets fixed then why do you feel the need to broadcast it to everyone? Not like any of us care. Find somewhere else to troll.
10-24-08, 05:46 PM   #130
apolis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok lets get back to work. no one has asked or said this so i'll ask. Mazzlefizz, what add-on/dependencies does the mazzifier rely on to function? More specificly what doe sit rely on for the text to show up in the mazzifier?
10-24-08, 07:23 PM   #131
Jaehend
A Murloc Raider
What is Copyright Protection?

First off, check this out http://whatiscopyright.org/ , should answer the basic laymans description about copyrights, end of story. As such, Mazzle has the right to tell everyone to bugger off and actually sue anyone that has made a reproduction of his work if he so chose to. The point being though, I have seen him post recently (along with others) that it isn't about the money and that he is supportive of a responsible, intelligent and capable person continuing on his work. I have seen many posts "bashing" him for not updating a UI for a game he no longer plays, key words "no longer plays". If you no longer eat pizza are you going to buy pizza from Dominos and keep them in business? I think not. So, as a previous poster said (though it has probably already occured) why not simply ask Mazzle, in PM, the details needed to update the core part of MazzleUI. If it isn't about the money and all he is after is not seeing his work plagerized and/or murdered I'm sure he would be apt to such a proposal. The only part of this setup that is his is the core MazzleUI, not any of the other addons (ie:Bongos, Omen...). He had to get the appropriate authority, in a respectful manner, to use those things in his compilation so why shouldn't the rest of us fall under the same set of standards. Anyways, I appreciate all you have built Mazzle, hope that a settlement can be reached with new developers, and all the "copyright" "screw Mazzle" "greedy" people can STFU. Thank you
10-24-08, 07:31 PM   #132
legion3pm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i too would like to know the answer to that Apolis. ive been inside the guts of mazzifier for over a week now and i still cant figure it out. if anyone finds out PM me or something pls.
10-24-08, 07:43 PM   #133
McBean
A Fallenroot Satyr

I pinged Ironfather and the main crew that responded to the initial requests for dev assistance in moving Mazzle forward. Nothing's come back just yet, but it's only been a couple of hours since I sent out the e-mail.

On a Friday night - I'm not surprised.

When there's something concrete to bring it back, I will.

I've gotten with Mazz previously to get some understanding about the breadth of the copyright and the adds it specifically covers. With that understood, I'm just trying to to tie out with Ironfather on coordination efforts about getting the various portions of Mazzle fixed.

And to cover the point - I'm not a dev....just someone trying to help coordinate the communication of getting Mazzle back into operational status.

--McBean
10-24-08, 09:30 PM   #134
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

One can be inspired by another persons work and be okay as far as copyrights are concerned. If the basic idea of a search engine couldn't be copied because it represented the original we wouldnt have google/yahoo/msn/live/lycos and the endless slew of other things that exists today.

You can not however copy paste, make it look different and call it your own. All I did was change the paint but I built it!!

With that said you are going to be better off making your own rather than learning how someone else did it. It'd be easier to manage, easier to update, and you get the gratification of knowing YOU made it, not someone else.

I feel the main reason many people who helped fix MazzleUI havent come back is because it is a larger task than many want to take on. Those that do, realize later how much code there is to read through just to learn how it works before you can effectivly fix it and become discouraged, or they were not all that familiar with the WoW API or even LUA code to begin with.

Using it is different, and for those that became dependant on this compilation, I apologize. But if you can't use anything else, give a shot at fixing it for yourself.
10-24-08, 10:00 PM   #135
legion3pm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
IMHO i dont see this gettin fixed this time unless Mazzle looks at the changes that came with the new patch and lends a helping hand. im sure someone here prolly could fix it but seems like everyone is so content on making something new. i can barely manage to play without this UI and i think the game basically sucks without it. but anything short of Mazzle helping out i really think this thing is dead this time.
10-24-08, 11:37 PM   #136
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by legion3pm View Post
IMHO i dont see this gettin fixed this time unless Mazzle looks at the changes that came with the new patch and lends a helping hand. im sure someone here prolly could fix it but seems like everyone is so content on making something new. i can barely manage to play without this UI and i think the game basically sucks without it. but anything short of Mazzle helping out i really think this thing is dead this time.
I can relate to this. Other than my main (a druid), all of my alts are useless to me to play seriously (could get by on my rogue, but that's easy mode), because of my "dependence" on Mazzleui with my alts (I'm one of those who rarely play an alt anyway).

In regards to whether or not the project will die, only time will tell, but I can't foresee this project being "fixed" without Mazzle this time. The look and feel can be replicated, but there's no Mazzlegasmic joy from the copies that are floating around (I've tried, sorry guys, they look like Mazzleui, but it's just not Mazzleui).

It will likely kill a lot of people's enjoyment from WoW if this were to come true, but I really hope this project 'dies' if Mazzle has no intention of ever returning. Patch days made me die a little inside and the wait was sickening (after Mazzle quit WoW). I will truly miss this community as it was, but really, just let it go and start from scratch.

Sincerely, ~Yhor
10-25-08, 12:03 AM   #137
bruj0
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
In regards to whether or not the project will die, only time will tell, but I can't foresee this project being "fixed" without Mazzle this time. The look and feel can be replicated, but there's no Mazzlegasmic joy from the copies that are floating around (I've tried, sorry guys, they look like Mazzleui, but it's just not Mazzleui).

Sincerely, ~Yhor

Im going to have to disagree with this, ive used MazzleUI for the longest time but i always modified as i saw it fit my game style and so did a lot of people.
The only thing you cant replace is the Mazzlefier that simplyfies the change in resolution and that can be programed, its not easy but its posible.
Cheers
10-25-08, 12:45 AM   #138
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fyrye View Post
I feel the main reason many people who helped fix MazzleUI havent come back is because it is a larger task than many want to take on. Those that do, realize later how much code there is to read through just to learn how it works before you can effectivly fix it and become discouraged, or they were not all that familiar with the WoW API or even LUA code to begin with.
It's not a technically difficult project. It's just really annoying and time-consuming. There's just so many different permutations of configurations, so many add-ons' data structures and init procedures to figure out, and so many little details. It's nature also makes it fairly brittle.
10-25-08, 11:13 AM   #139
kittyinacage78
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

*sigh*

damn i wish i knew how to code! i'd love to get my hands on this progect...this kind of time consuming work is just what i love doing lol
yes i'm odd
and i really want mazzleui to live on and on
if i can help in anyway or if someone wants to take me under their wing and teach me how to help them i'm all for it
just let me know here

kitty purr
10-26-08, 04:32 AM   #140
Geeskin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Talking

well no disrespect mazzle but i gess some people forget about pirate bay and mininova etc ,

big films get pirated. so maybe your work will lmfao..

bet no ones looked there lol.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 3.0/WOTLK Devs Only