12-28-10, 09:50 PM   #1
treelet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Grid + Beautycase

I previously had a copy of Grid I edited in order to work with Neal's !Beautycase addon. Since updating Grid (to the admittedly beta version) however, the same code no longer works. I've tried changing the frame name to several different things, but my knowledge of Lua is pathetic at best. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Here is the OLD code I inserted into the GridFrame.lua

Code:
CreateBorder(self.frame, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
Here is the newest code I have tried:
Code:
 CreateBorder(self.prototype, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
Here is the error it kicks out:
Code:
[21:41:20] Interface\AddOns\!Beautycase\!Beautycase.lua:44: attempt to call method 'CreateTexture' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:600: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:598>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:604: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:603>
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:742: in function `CallMethod'
[string "		RegisterUnitWatch(self)..."]:14: in function <[string "		RegisterUnitWatch(self)..."]:1>
(tail call): ?
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:441: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:412>
Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:108: in function `SetupUnitButtonConfiguration'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:158: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:115>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:543: in function `EnableAddon'
...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:635: in function <...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
[C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:242: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:265: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:519: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:492>
I'm probably just missing something stupid and simple, so any help in the right direction is appreciated. Google hasn't turned up anything, I've tried checking other UIs that have combined the two addons but they're using outdated version of Grid, and searching forums hasn't turned up anything except old info on skinning DXE.

EDIT: After more fiddling, the following works:
Code:
CreateBorder(frame.Bar, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
BUT, the borders are underneath the indicators, which looks kind of crummy. Still trying to figure out a way around this.

Last edited by treelet : 12-28-10 at 10:08 PM.
12-28-10, 10:25 PM   #2
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You need spacing and to resize your indicators (they're too big and pushing onto the border space).
12-29-10, 04:34 AM   #3
treelet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
You need spacing and to resize your indicators (they're too big and pushing onto the border space).
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to as resizing the indicators still leaves them sitting on top of the border and I can't see any viable way to move them further in using the in-game options.

In my old version, the border lay on top of the entire frame, indicators and all.
12-29-10, 05:21 AM   #4
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
A wild guess would be trying too change the framelevel of the indicators (if you change the framelevel of the actual bar something else can be affected i reckon.. but could try that aswell).. and another wild guess is that this is the part that controls the indicators..

Code:
function GridFrame.prototype:CreateIndicator(indicator)
	local f = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, self)

f:SetWidth(GridFrame.db.profile.cornerSize)
	f:SetHeight(GridFrame.db.profile.cornerSize)
	f:SetBackdrop({
		bgFile = "Interface\\Addons\\Grid\\white16x16", tile = true, tileSize = 16,
		edgeFile = "Interface\\Addons\\Grid\\white16x16", edgeSize = 1,
		insets = {left = 1, right = 1, top = 1, bottom = 1},
	})
	f:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0,1)
	f:SetBackdropColor(1,1,1,1)
	f:SetFrameLevel(5)
	f:Hide()

self[indicator] = f

self:PositionIndicator(indicator)
-_-v

Last edited by nin : 12-29-10 at 05:23 AM.
12-29-10, 10:17 PM   #5
Ither
A Firelord

Do me a favor and try this code. I have been implementing beautycase in every update of Grid since SexyGrid stopped updating.

This has worked for me every time and gives me no issues with indicators.

Code:
  CreateBorder(frame, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
It should not be frame.Bar

Last edited by Ither : 12-29-10 at 10:21 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grid + Beautycase