07-12-07, 03:32 PM   #1
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Level 45+ Shadow Priest

Ok.... so my shadow priest just recently hit level 46 and I am enjoying her more and more.

I was wondering though.... when questing and I need to "kill xx" number of mobs or whatever (similar to grinding), what spell combinations are the best to use for doing these sorts of quests?

Typically, I will open with:

Vampiric Embrace ==> Mind Blast ==> Shadow Word: Pain ==> Mind Flay

Then either do another Mind Flay followed by wanding till dead, or will put up a Power Word: Shield, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, then wand down to death for the tougher mobs.

Is this basically what I should be doing, or is there a better way of going about doing this?

Any advice / suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-16-07, 07:47 AM   #2
Geboran
Shameless *bump*
07-16-07, 08:40 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I didnt lvl as a shadow priest but played as one for a few months to quest/rep grind after hitting 70 and id have to say your:
Vampiric Embrace ==> Mind Blast ==> Shadow Word: Pain ==> Mind Flay was basically all i did. i just spammed mindflay for shadowweaving stacking and made sure my wand (if possible) was shadow dmg. Before the wand action toss up a shield if needed.

That seemed to work well for pretty much all situations and while didnt always keep me full on mana it certainly had longer spans between downtimes (went as long as 45 minutes with only one mana break) then when i was specced holy.

After having played purely holy for 70 lvls (mostly because i wanted to do it differently then what people were telling me ><) id have to say I more then likely would be doing it as shadow should i lvl another priest, until 60 at the very least.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-16-07, 08:45 AM   #4
Geboran
Cool.

I haven't looked that much further into the Shadow tree, but I know that there are some upcoming talents / spells that should make leveling a little easier well.

Vampiric Touch (isn't that the mana regen one?)
Shadow Word: Death (the mob is at 20% or less, you can kill it instantly with this spell, right? Sort of like a warrior's Execute ability)

I'm not sure if a wand that does shadow damage stacks with the priest's debuff on a mob... can anyone confirm this or not? I think it should -- truly -- but I've heard conflicting information regarding that.
07-16-07, 09:16 AM   #5
Balsta
If you are serious about playing your SP to its fullest I recomend checking out www.shadowpriest.com. Huge amounts of information there.
07-16-07, 10:51 AM   #6
Geboran
I've looked a bit through that site, but didn't really find anything all that helpful regarding talents that really differed from what I already do.

I guess what I would like to see is what talents to take at what level from level 45-70 to be most effective in leveling faster.

What talents I should have at level 45, then what talents to take (in order) would be most helpful.
07-17-07, 09:23 AM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Geboran

I'm not sure if a wand that does shadow damage stacks with the priest's debuff on a mob... can anyone confirm this or not? I think it should -- truly -- but I've heard conflicting information regarding that.
I noticed a large increase in my wand dmg (im still using the same one now as a holy spec) as well as some rather hefty criticals that i have yet to get close to, the highest being over 500. I still have my Gear that i used as a shadow priest (all +dmg gear) that i use when i solo . So as far as my experience tells me all the increases in shadow dmg from the tree seems to add to the wands shadow dmg. Same gear specced holy has definitely seen a drop in dmg purly from my wand.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-17-07, 10:28 AM   #8
Geboran
Very nice!!

So now that I pretty much have my talent points lined out until level 70, I need to work on putting together some handy macros. Does anyone have any really good macros for a Shadowpriest?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Level 45+ Shadow Priest