04-28-09, 09:23 AM   #81
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Boss encounters that change your stance

** I have reported this as a bug, I'm posting here to see if any users have a solution**
Edit: Look at that, the guy before me mentioned Drak.
Edit 2:I have a little extra to add. I've bound Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+= to my pet /vehicle bar and sometimes when my vehicle bar doesn't show as it's supposed to I just use the hot keys and figure it out rather than entering edit mode to view them. The hot keys **DO NOT** work in the Tharon'ja encounter which leads me, possibly incorrectly, to be leive that it does NOT use the vehicle bar for this fight.

In Drak'Tharon Keep during the encounter with the last boss The Prophet Tharon'ja one of the debuffs causes all players to 'shape shift' into undead more or less. With normal blizzard bards we get a new bar that has some new abilities on it (as we're unable to use our old abilities). Using Macaroon I don't get this new bar.

The character I'm using at the time is a mage and same behavior w/ my elemental out or not. Would enabling my main bar as a 'stance' bar help? I know that swapping to a new stance with an unconfigured bar in the new stance means there's no buttons so I'm not sure how to add buttons to the new stance once I'm in combat and the bar changes...

It's unfortunate that 'testing' this requires a run to the very end of Drak'Tharon Keep, any advice (if I'm missing something) would be helpful.

Last edited by Korred : 04-28-09 at 09:28 AM.

04-28-09, 11:38 AM   #82
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay, I"m having an issue now and aside from wiping the WTF I'm not sure what to do.

My possess/pet/vehicle bar used to work fine. Now all of a sudden it seems to not be populating properly. I've deleted all the buttons from the bar, deleted all the buttons from storage and then recreate the bar with new buttons. The problem comes up is that I know the buttons aren't right. I'll be populating one of the bars and suddenly my hearthstone shows up in the bar. And when I do the vehicle bar I see the Exit Vehicle/Aim Up/Aim Down buttons showing up twice and sometimes random spells from my spell book.

Is there a known issue or do I have to delete all my Macaroon WTF files and start over again?

-Prot

04-29-09, 03:40 AM   #83
Greykin
A Kobold Labourer
Okay, i've been using this addon for quite some time now, but since yesterday i am experiencing an error. I have a main bar configured with all my healing spells on it, but the tooltip keeps showing rank 1 of every spell. When i use them the correct rank is used, but only the tooltips are wrong.

04-29-09, 05:12 PM   #84
Joaquin
A Kobold Labourer

Unhappy Buttons linked to other bars

Love the addon.

Since dual spec came out, I have had a problem with the bars switching over. They come back with the wrong spells on them sometimes. Some buttons will update with say "macro1" on the main left bar when I dropped "macro1" on the right power bar. These buttons are mirroring the spell I drop on them in other bars.

Bars are not linked, they are the default bars. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling but it has been pretty frustrating. If I had to use dual specs regularly, this would be really bad.

04-30-09, 05:11 PM   #85
Firebelly
A Defias Bandit
Weirdness with 'popup' menus?

Recently the mouse anchor came back and I have been remaking my popup menus, and have been running into some odd problems.

So firstly, if you scale either of the bars (either the bar with the anchor or the anchored bar) the anchored bar pops up in some really weird locations. Going with a scale of 1 seems to make it work, but when the rest of my button bars are at 0.85, the menus I make seem a little large.

Nextly, something odd is happening with the anchor's bar when you create an anchor. So, say I have a horizontal bar with 5 buttons. Then I make 5 vertical bars, each with 8 buttons, turn snapto on all of them and lock the vert bars above the horiz bar. Now I go into the first button of the horiz bar, and turn on mouse anchor for the first vert bar. Now for some reason the snapto has moved the bar around and unaligned everything, it's like the anchor button was removed from the bar it was part of. If you continue through and change all 5 buttons to anchors, the bar thinks it's empty or something, try adding a new button to see what I mean.

Very odd.

I've managed to work around everything by turning on and off snapto when moving things but it's still not perfect.

Here's hoping something comes through in a upcoming version

Thanks,
Fire

05-01-09, 10:50 AM   #86
Flinger
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey.

I've been trying to create a non clickable bar.
I want a bar really close to the center of the screen, just to display the status of the abilities and to keep trace of the global cooldown and procs without Having to stare at the botom of the screen, where my bars currently are.

Can it be done?

05-01-09, 11:41 AM   #87
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Still no roll/loot window. Put in four tickets. Deleted wtf, cache and interface folders (replacing setups and addon). Can see the loot, but no option to roll on loot. Pretty sure it's a Macaroon issue. Turned off Macaroon and the roll/loot window works great. Don't want to face setting up all eight toons from scratch. Any suggestions? Is there a way to create-bar, then make it a loot-bar? Thanks

Last edited by notarichman : 05-01-09 at 01:47 PM.

05-01-09, 03:00 PM   #88
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by notarichman View Post
Still no roll/loot window. Put in four tickets. Deleted wtf, cache and interface folders (replacing setups and addon). Can see the loot, but no option to roll on loot. Pretty sure it's a Macaroon issue. Turned off Macaroon and the roll/loot window works great. Don't want to face setting up all eight toons from scratch. Any suggestions? Is there a way to create-bar, then make it a loot-bar? Thanks
/mac create loot

That will create your loot bar and then add 4 buttons to it and it should be complete.

-Prot

05-02-09, 06:55 AM   #89
sweenyy
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Korred View Post

In Drak'Tharon Keep during the encounter with the last boss The Prophet Tharon'ja one of the debuffs causes all players to 'shape shift' into undead more or less. With normal blizzard bards we get a new bar that has some new abilities on it (as we're unable to use our old abilities). Using Macaroon I don't get this new bar.

The character I'm using at the time is a mage and same behavior w/ my elemental out or not. Would enabling my main bar as a 'stance' bar help? I know that swapping to a new stance with an unconfigured bar in the new stance means there's no buttons so I'm not sure how to add buttons to the new stance once I'm in combat and the bar changes...

It's unfortunate that 'testing' this requires a run to the very end of Drak'Tharon Keep, any advice (if I'm missing something) would be helpful.

That is bugging me too.

Any tricks to go around this?

05-02-09, 09:28 AM   #90
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't seem to have any range checker on my pet/possession bars. Any way to fix this?

Edit:
Also, is there any way to make the pet/possession health show up like in the blizz main bar?

Last edited by faile486 : 05-02-09 at 10:03 AM.

05-02-09, 07:04 PM   #91
Shawnn
A Kobold Labourer
Showing / Hiding Bars

I have not been able to find it, so I am asking. Is there a way to use a macro to hide a button row and unhide it ?

05-03-09, 11:27 AM   #92
malsudon
A Defias Bandit
/select not working

It seems that /select isn't working with the newest update. I've placed the following (taken directly from the examples) into a macro button. It doesn't do anything when pressed:

/select item+:quest item:circular:center:center:15

Yes, I do have quest items in my bags. :P

05-04-09, 08:58 AM   #93
Crowfeather
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Iīm having the problem that at certain bosses Macaroon puts me into vehicle state without me actually having a vehicle to control. As other people in my guild didnīt observe the same behavior I guess itīs somehow related to how Macaroon identifies the states.

Examples for this are when Iīm in Ignis pot or caught in one of Yogg-Sarons tentacles. In both cases the char is still able to use itīs actions (I can use them from the spellbook) but Macaroon shows me an empty vehicle bar. Now I might be able to solve this by separating the vehicle/possess and default action bar into two or even three bars but if possible Iīd prefer if I could keep it all in one bar that switches to the right state when I need it.

edit: Problem solved by using the Controller checkbox instead of Vehicle/Possession

Last edited by Crowfeather : 05-09-09 at 02:52 AM.

05-07-09, 06:14 PM   #94
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Im having an issue with the mounts in ice crown where the argent tournament is being placed.

When i am in my primary spec my bar changes just fine over to the mount actions - including the dismount , pitch up and pitch down buttons.

but when i am in my secondary spec the bar only shows the spells, not the dismount, pitch up and pitch down buttons. I have switched the buttons to macro, action, pet all of them, and this still does not change correctly

what am i doing wrong?

Edit: Did some more research and figured it out thanks to a poster on the comments section of the addon

Originally posted by Dwargh
Well the control bar should have action ID's 121 - 132
or at least 121 - 130 any buttons you don't use you can make macro and have them go any of these 3 lines to get the aim and leave buttons.

#macaroon-vehicleup
#macaroon-vehicledown
#macaroon-vehicleleave

though I only use leave since all my aiming is done with my mouse.. never understood why one would need the aim buttons since you can aim with your mouse but each player has his/her own style.

Last edited by Elloria : 05-07-09 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Did some more research

05-09-09, 10:04 PM   #95
erogroth
A Cyclonian
I am having the issue as many others are that when I get a pet or possess something the bar does not show up. Sometimes this causes a bigger problem then others. For instance if I take the mount in the Argent Tournament the pet bar does not show but I can do a /mac config and click it to the proper state and I am fine. However when I am fighting a boss such as Instructor Razuvious in 10 man Naxx, I control one of the guards and the bar does not show. Since I am in combat there is nothing I can do about it. I even tried checking the box for the Blizzard Vechicle Bar but that doesn't show up either. Any ideas on this?

EDIT: Found the answer to my own question. There is a new state you can check off called 'control bar'. It takes the place of both vechicle and possess bars. The buttons should by action type buttons starting at 121. When you mount up or take possession of something it seems to work just fine. I also check off pet just in case I get a pet from a quest or something and those are pet type buttons. I hope this helps.

Last edited by erogroth : 05-09-09 at 10:37 PM.

05-17-09, 01:16 PM   #96
Naesstrom
A Kobold Labourer
the Dual Spec option, just once more please!

Ok, So I found this option today, or rather I first noticed it and I jumped with Joy, finally I could get more buttons in for the different specs I have!

But it doesn't seem to do anything...

I checked the box, named one of my bars to topleft-fury and changed to my protection build, but the bar still remains the same, same name and everything!

Hoping it would be just me that missed something I changed one of the buttons on it and changed back to the protection but still no effect on the bar! I might be a bit slow or something but what am I supposed to do with it!
Read it seems to be working for some of you atleast!

Oh, and one more small question, with the /select option in the macros, is there anyway to exclude certain things, having trouble with my shammy... I'm using /select spell:weapon:Linear:top:bottom:1 to list my weapon buffs but I keep getting my passive skill Spirit Weapons in the list! would be great to get it to see the difference between normal and passive skills!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Naesstrom : 05-17-09 at 01:21 PM.

05-17-09, 03:03 PM   #97
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Naesstrom View Post
Ok, So I found this option today, or rather I first noticed it and I jumped with Joy, finally I could get more buttons in for the different specs I have!

But it doesn't seem to do anything...

I checked the box, named one of my bars to topleft-fury and changed to my protection build, but the bar still remains the same, same name and everything!

Hoping it would be just me that missed something I changed one of the buttons on it and changed back to the protection but still no effect on the bar! I might be a bit slow or something but what am I supposed to do with it!
Read it seems to be working for some of you at least!
I found for my mage/priest with duel specs, when i first made a bar duel spec and changed specs nothing changed. Once I dropped new spells in it saved it properly. I could swap between shadow/holy and ffb/frost and the bars will change as they should to the new selection of spells. I use the same layout for both specs on both my toons so I can't comment on whether button count can be changed or not.

05-19-09, 12:01 PM   #98
Dark Matter
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible to have a number of buttons (say on the right), that when they are clicked, open up more buttons?

Like a mini bar - for professions etc., or whatever.

Click to open, click to close.

If so, how do I do it?

Using the click option ssems to work in config , but I can't get it to work if the buttons are locked and I'm not in bar edit mode.

:confused

DM

05-20-09, 07:13 AM   #99
Phanx
Cat.

Either profiles are not working as advertised, or I'm missing something. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Log in on Shaman #1, with dual-spec, with the primary spec (Restoration) currently active. Save current setup, with all checkboxes (bar layout, button data, settings, and the other thing) checked, as profile "Shaman - Restoration".

2. Switch to Elemental secondary spec. Save current setup, again with all checkboxes checked, as "Shaman - Elemental". Make changes for elemental spec, save profile again.

3. Enable profile auto-switching on spec swaps, with "Shaman - Restoration" as the primary spec profile, and "Shaman - Elemental" as the secondary spec profile.

3. Play for a while, then log out.

4. Log in later. At this point, my bars had reverted to the resto setup, and loading either profile resulted in the exact same setup; apparently selecting an existing profile and pressing the Save button does not actually save the current setup to the profile.

5. Delete "Shaman - Elemental" profile. Make changes for elemental spec, save setup as "Shaman - Elemental". Now things seem to be saved between sessions, but having to delete a profile and recreate it instead of just being able to update it (as the fact that the Save button is clickable would indicate) is confusing and odd. Log out.

6. Log into Shaman #2 (no dual spec, on the same WoW account). Load "Shaman - Elemental" profile. Bizarrely, this loads Shaman #1's resto setup. Log out,

7. Log back into Shaman #2. The elemental setup remains active. Delete the "Shaman - Elemental" profile again. Save current (elemental) setup as "Test" profile. Log out.

8. Log into Shaman #2 and load "Test" profile. Resto setup again.

9. ???

I haven't tried switching back to the primary spec on Shaman #1 yet, as I don't really feel like having to set up my bars yet again, but I feel like something is not right here. Is the profile system broken, or am I doing it wrong?

06-01-09, 10:52 AM   #100
drmaniac
A Kobold Labourer
Help please

Blizzard forced me to change my character name.

After that, and relogin, Macaroon dont have any more my self created bars and buttons.

How can I restore them?

The new login changed the foldername,

before
...wowgame\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\ServerName\myoldcharname

is now
...wowgame\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\ServerName\mynewcharname

in "mynewcharname" are still the files under "SavedVariables"

"Macaroon.lua" and "Macaroon.lua.bak"

So, please what can I do?

I scanned for my character-name in the files tomaybe change it to the new one, without succes...

edit: I have edit the files ....wowgame\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\Macaroon.lua and MacaroonProfiles.lua and replaced oldname -> newname

restarted wow. nothing Macaroon is there, but miss still my Bars....

ps: 2WD83768XJ1825445 yep 20$ are from me

Last edited by drmaniac : 06-01-09 at 11:49 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread