10-18-10, 09:23 PM   #1
[email protected]
A Defias Bandit
cant take buffs off still

ate: 2010-10-18 22:21:44
ID: 1
Error occured in: AddOn: nUI
Count: 1
Message: Error: AddOn nUI attempted to call a forbidden function (CancelUnitBuff()) from a tainted execution path.
Debug:
[C]: CancelUnitBuff()
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:380:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:377
get this error when trying take stuff like holiday masks

10-19-10, 01:34 AM   #2
Nightspirit
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's still in Known bugs list. Don't see why you made this thread.

10-19-10, 06:07 AM   #3
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Also was talked about in Buff Right click error

scroll down to about posts 5 and 6, and there is a work around, using /cancelaura 'buff name'
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

10-20-10, 05:14 AM   #4
ahx111
A Fallenroot Satyr
maybe he made this thread because this addon is still all bugged up and updates are almost non existent.

10-20-10, 05:44 AM   #5
Helidoc
Hoghead

Originally Posted by ahx111 View Post
maybe he made this thread because this addon is still all bugged up and updates are almost non existent.
With Scott posting to these forums several times a day to address issues and the fact that there have been three releases since this patch went live which is not easy for a completely integrated UI I can't see where you can even hint to that. A lot of the issues like the one above calls for a major rewrite of code and it's something Blizzard changed and folks are playing catch up with.

10-20-10, 07:52 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Do not feed the troll.

10-20-10, 11:01 AM   #7
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by ahx111 View Post
Maybe you should try writing all this code and see how long it takes you to make a update.

10-20-10, 11:23 AM   #8
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Since when is 3 updates in one week non-existent???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10-20-10, 11:43 AM   #9
Seer
A Molten Giant
To be "fair", for those people who aren't on the mailing list and as such don't have access to the + version do not have those releases. So yes, the "development version has had 3 releases. Plain nUI "core" and nUI+ release are still for WoW 3.x.

10-20-10, 08:09 PM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If it matters any, that has always been my policy, to do a development version before releasing it publicly. It's one thing to deal with 30,000+ people who are hammering me about the bugs in the development version, quite another to deal with the hundreds of thousands who use the nUI (Lite) version.

As soon as the development is stable, there will be a public release. Of course, anyone who wants it can easily get it now.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-20-10, 11:38 PM   #11
Seer
A Molten Giant
It wasn't mend (ment ? meant ? meand ?) as a complaint, I fully understand the reasoning. But I can understand the confusion from people, just never realised it really.

I can see why people think it hasn't been updated. There's not a easy way to tell from http://wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=125 or http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info9108-nUI.html that there is a development version available if you're not registered or logged on. Afterall, how many people read faqs or manuals ?

10-21-10, 01:38 AM   #12
LechonKawali
A Fallenroot Satyr
@Blanckaert
Thanks for pointing out the work around: /cancelaura 'buff name'

10-22-10, 09:38 AM   #13
Soteria
A Kobold Labourer
Scott is enjoying Blizzcon leave him alone, he will fix problems when he gets back. If you were at Blizzcon you wouldn't want to be bothered, let him enjoy it

10-22-10, 04:21 PM   #14
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by LechonKawali View Post
@Blanckaert
Thanks for pointing out the work around: /cancelaura 'buff name'
oh someone else posted the workaround, I just reposted it, and linked back to the original post. I figure it is easier for us to help each other out, then try to 'bash' Scott about not fixing something He has to rewrite a hell of a lot just to get it fixed, besides us helping each other posting fixes, save Scott from have to do it, so he can fix what He needs too.

PS Scott - Enjoy BlizzCon, hope to see you back safe next week....
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

10-22-10, 07:32 PM   #15
Toeboe
A Murloc Raider
I know this topic is a known issue and has been hashed several times; however, I was wondering if anyone savvy in the macro writing department could make a temporary macro to dispel auras on mouseover perhaps? This would eliminate the need to type out buffs, especially those long Halloween costume names. =) If no such coding works forget I asked.

10-22-10, 09:51 PM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't think mouseover works with aura icons unfortunately.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » cant take buffs off still