06-24-17, 03:09 AM   #1
K4BeeTee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ungodly amount of error spam during raids and dungeons...

Hi

Ive noticed that I'm getting a shitload of spam, all related to a single error as follows:

x398 nibRealUI\Modules\CooldownCount.lua:186: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn
Stack: [C] in function 'GetDebugName'
nibRealUI\Modules\CooldownCount.lua:186: in function <nibRealUI\Modules\CooldownCount.lua:183>
[C] in function 'SetCooldown'
FrameXML\Cooldown.lua:5: in function 'CooldownFrame_Set'
...e\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:522: in function 'UpdateBuffs'
...e\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:159: in function 'OnUnitAuraUpdate'
...e\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:53: in function <...e\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:35>
Time: 2017/06/24 18:33:54 Index: 1/1
Version: 8.1 r20a
Locals:

it's occurring so many times in a row that its actually pushing chat and DBM warnings and stuff off my chat so I cant follow anything.

Screenie if you dont believe me :

06-24-17, 08:24 AM   #2
Gralath
A Murloc Raider
I am getting the same. Unsure if its linked but cool downs on abilities do not show. Everything shows as available almost all of the time.

I have no idea how many different errors there are but below are a few:

x2162 FreebTip\tip.lua:661: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn
Stack: [C] in function 'SetBackdropColor'
FreebTip\tip.lua:661: in function <FreebTip\tip.lua:660>
[C] ?
Time: 2017/06/24 15:14:07 Index: 16/16
Locals:

x20 ...ce\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:408: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn
Stack: [C] ?
...ce\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:408: in function 'Show'
...ce\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:221: in function 'h'
...ce\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:451: in function <...ce\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:447>
Time: 2017/06/24 15:14:19 Index: 14/16
Locals:

x22 FreebTip\tip.lua:528: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn
Stack: [C] in function 'GetName'
FreebTip\tip.lua:528: in function <FreebTip\tip.lua:526>
FreebTip\tip.lua:651: in function <FreebTip\tip.lua:646>
[C] ?
[C] in function 'SetUnitAura'
[string "*:OnEnter"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
Time: 2017/06/24 15:14:07 Index: 14/16
Locals:
06-25-17, 03:06 AM   #3
hatcod
A Kobold Labourer
It's related to KuiNameplates. Having friendly players offscreen will cause the errors to stop. I ended up just editing the bug grabber addon that's packed in to not output errors to the chat frame, as it's super annoying.

I'm considering opening an issue with KNP, though, to see if they can solve it on their end as it seems that they're trying to modify friendly nameplates in instances which cannot be done anymore.

I'm guessing you can press Shift+V in an instance to disable friendly nameplates and solve it, or just disable KNP.

Not sure how other plate addons handle it, but I may see what's up.
10-07-17, 06:20 PM   #4
DarthKraze
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Longshot but does anyone know how to stop the error spam to chat? 10 errors a second is pretty ridiculous.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Ungodly amount of error spam during raids and dungeons...