11-02-08, 12:41 PM   #1461
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Minimap Alpha 4

Minimap wont store the square setting, have to command it to round then back for it to show square

11-02-08, 12:48 PM   #1462
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
/sigh -- I figured that would be what happened... and I really do not have a good solution... adding the one more missing form will make it worse, too. I am loath to make that part of the bar wider, but that may be what I have to do. I don't want to make the pet buttons much if any smaller, I know that.
IMO, smaller buttons would be too difficult to see, and if someone decides to mouse-click instead of use the keybindings, they might have a difficult time.

Thanks for the feedback.
You're most welcome - I'm sorry I couldn't get you any feedback before, but playing time was limited lately (and will be until the 10th of November unfortunately). And thank YOU for the awesome UI!!

Speaking of being lvl80 -- my DK is only lvl 58 and my hunter is only 71 and I don't have time to run them a whole lot higher... is there someplace I can take the hunter when I can repeatedly test the vehicle panel? I'm trying to work my way up through the quest chains until I find vehicles, but haven't yet... if you can tell me where I can go at 71 and play with vehicles it would be a huge time saver.
My lvl 80 is actually a premade! Are you Alliance or Horde? I'm Horde and so far I've only found a couple of early lvl places where the vehicle panel pops up. There's a place in the Borean Tundra, just south of Grarosh's Landing where you can try the vehicle interface (but I'm not sure if it's Horde only!) - sorry Spiel - I converted to the dark side a long time ago!

11-02-08, 12:52 PM   #1463
Seer
A Molten Giant
I'm still working on figuring out how the Death Knights are put together and being pretty slow at it so far. For those of you who already have been playing DK for a good while, I'd like some feedback on the rune frame... I'm trying to work out where it should be and what a player really needs in terms of functionality.

I also have a question... can you have (and actually need) your rune frame and a pet at the same time? For that matter, the rune frame and a possession bar at the same time? I'm thinking of adding the rune frame to the space where the pet and possession bar normally go and putting the DK's Presences to the left and the runes to the right much as I'm doing for warlocks now. Any thoughts on this location for the rune frame?

So... those of you familiar with the DK, if you want to provide some input, I'm all ears.
The pet can be permanent like that of a warlock or hunter (talent)...

Think runes are more like rage, except you have 3 (or 4 even) different types of them.. Maybe a way is to make a "mana" or "rage" style bar in the hud that is divided in 3 or 4 sections ?

11-02-08, 01:23 PM   #1464
Dahon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't know if you got my email, but I thought I'd post this here as well to see if anyone else is having the same thing happen...

I found a potential issue. It doesn't affect game play at all, and now that I know about it, it's really not that big of deal. I've only noticed this on my Pally thus far. When in combat, or when targeting an enemy, my Divine Storm grays out, as if to say it's not available, when in actuality it is available. It's an instant cast and does not require some triggering action to become available, so it shouldn't gray out.

I tried this without any addons, and it functions normally, I tried it with the Blizz ui and the rest of my addons (minus nui) and it still worked normally. I tried it with just nui and none of my other addons, and I get the same problem with it 'graying-out'. Yet, if I'm not targeting someone, it's lit-up like it should be.

This happens in both the live version and the wotlk versions.

In the attached screen shots, it's the ability in my #3 slot on the main bar.

Let me know if you need any further information or clarification.

*sorry for the size of the screenies... I haven't installed photoshop in my new rig yet*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blizzui.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	2022  Click image for larger version

Name:	incombat.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	879.9 KB
ID:	2023  Click image for larger version

Name:	notarget.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	612.1 KB
ID:	2024  Click image for larger version

Name:	nuinoaddons.JPG
Views:	619
Size:	767.8 KB
ID:	2025  

11-02-08, 01:53 PM   #1465
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah... see... I've been in this game way too long to not know it was WAY too quiet... I *KNEW* there had to be issues out there ~grin~

Okay... minimap not setting round/square at startup I can reproduce. So that's in the bug list

Some action buttons being gray when they should be lit up is another one that I can repeat. Also in the bug list.

The minimap size... that's another matter... if you switch to the party/raid10 panels you'll see the minimap exactly fits the available space for the focus frame. It just happens the single player mode has a larger focus frame. It's one piece of code showing the minimap on ALL unit frames. I will look at finding a way to make it resize itself based on the focus frame at hand, but that's not something I'll get to anytime soon.

EDIT: It's worthy of note that the minimap in the dashboard is only a bit less than 1/4" smaller than the one in the default Bliz frame... funny how it looks so much smaller than that... maybe it has to do with how big it was in the info panel?

Vehicle frame... it's funny the one in Borean Tundra was just brought up because I stumbled into it about 2 minutes before I read the post. nUI handled that frame automatically as the vehicle dismount button was picked up by the possess bar and the actions you can perform (charge, stomp, etc.) were all picked up by the main action bar.

What wasn't picked up was the health of the vehicle which appears to be a new unit frame of its own, so I'll have to look into that. I also recall a simple quest on my death knight where I had to control a cannon and that one also used the vehicle frame with targeting buttons, as well. Looking at the code, I see allowance for seat positions, as well... can anyone point me to a vehicle I can use that will give me those features to play with, as well?

Looks like I have a ton of work to do to make all of the vehicle features work correctly. /sigh

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-02-08 at 02:01 PM.

11-02-08, 01:54 PM   #1466
Gremriel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dahon View Post
I found a potential issue. It doesn't affect game play at all, and now that I know about it, it's really not that big of deal. I've only noticed this on my Pally thus far. When in combat, or when targeting an enemy, my Divine Storm grays out, as if to say it's not available, when in actuality it is available. It's an instant cast and does not require some triggering action to become available, so it shouldn't gray out.
Actually, I see the same on my mage, when Firestarter procs (after a Dragon's Breath crits), the Flamestrike ( it's instant cast then ) is greyed out, but still usuable. Can't say i've seen it happen when Hot Streak procs (instant Pyroblast).

Ok, i was typing this while Spiel posted his reply

11-02-08, 01:56 PM   #1467
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
The pet can be permanent like that of a warlock or hunter (talent)...

Think runes are more like rage, except you have 3 (or 4 even) different types of them.. Maybe a way is to make a "mana" or "rage" style bar in the hud that is divided in 3 or 4 sections ?
Yeah... I haven't quite figured out the rhyme or reason to the runes yet. I see two of each of the three types, but haven't really gotten the sense of how to use them, when to use them or really even what it is that the bar is trying to tell me. Guess I need to go read some forums or something that explain the mechanics of the Death Knight so I can get my head around it.

So... it is possible then to have the DK's presence bar, a pet bar and the rune bar all at the same time, yes? I'm thinking maybe the solution is something similar to the rogue's combo points where they can be on the unit frame and the HUD.

Yes/No?

If anyone can point me to a link to a good thread that explains how death knights work in some detail, I'd appreciate it.

11-02-08, 02:07 PM   #1468
Seer
A Molten Giant
Yeah... I haven't quite figured out the rhyme or reason to the runes yet. I see two of each of the three types, but haven't really gotten the sense of how to use them, when to use them or really even what it is that the bar is trying to tell me. Guess I need to go read some forums or something that explain the mechanics of the Death Knight so I can get my head around it.
Well, 2 runes for each trea, and a 4th rune type (forgot its name) that you get sometimes.. Not sure how to explain it... the first 3 are mostly tied to each talent tree/abilities, the 4th.. Well not sure...

So 2 blood runes for blood spells, 2 frost for frost etc etc..

So... it is possible then to have the DK's presence bar, a pet bar and the rune bar all at the same time, yes?
Afaik, yes.

Last edited by Seer : 11-02-08 at 02:09 PM.

11-02-08, 03:42 PM   #1469
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Poison buffs

Sometimes when I start my Rogue the poison buffs will be there, sometimes not. If not then they will show as soon as I pick a fight. I use Smartbuff for buffing; after rebuffing the posion buffs did not show straight away. All debuffs seem to be ok. With Smartbuff disabled the buffs still behave like this.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

11-02-08, 04:31 PM   #1470
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Sometimes when I start my Rogue the poison buffs will be there, sometimes not. If not then they will show as soon as I pick a fight. I use Smartbuff for buffing; after rebuffing the posion buffs did not show straight away. All debuffs seem to be ok. With Smartbuff disabled the buffs still behave like this.
Tehryn -- is that on the 4.00.01 I just sent out last night? I thought I had that fixed

11-02-08, 04:32 PM   #1471
spiel2001
nUI's Author

One other thing for everyone to keep a close eye on... spec browsing... I *hope* I have that fixed in the 4.00.01 but I'm not sure... so please pay careful attention to the specs (talent builds) when you're in groups, BGs, etc and let me know if you see problems (and how severe/frequent they seem to be if possible)

11-02-08, 05:03 PM   #1472
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Tehryn -- is that on the 4.00.01 I just sent out last night? I thought I had that fixed
It is indeed.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

11-02-08, 06:34 PM   #1473
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Another question for those familiar with playing Death Knights at higher levels... does the DK use casting bars in combat or is everything instant cast and melee?

Right now I have the rogue's combo points in the same location that one normally has the casting bar because, well, rogues don't cast in combat ~smile~ I'm wondering if I can get away with the same thing with Death Knights as a location for their runes. I'm also thinking of only lighting the runes up when active and hiding them the rest of the time as opposed to Bliz's rune buttons which are always visible.

Would it cause heartburn to locate the runes where the casting bar is now and if a casting bar is active, just overlaying the runes with it?

Any thoughts/feedback on this?

11-03-08, 02:42 AM   #1474
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

OK,

a very strange one:

Old WTF folder: minimap moves into the center with just a little problem in regards to round v square option not sticking.

Fresh WTF folder: Minimap stays inside the infopanel no matter if I enable or disable the /nui minimap.

I have already deleted my nUI folders and re-installed the emailed nUI Beta 4 -- 4.00.01 (Alpha) to make sure it was not caused by some rogue file

Testing this btw on the live realm with no other add-ons enabled

Furthermore the option is not always changed upon a reload but requires me to logout (the only way I can see this is due to the logon Nui output btw)

11-03-08, 04:27 AM   #1475
spiel2001
nUI's Author

MeqTrader -- make sure the nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap mod is disabled

EDIT: As a matter of record, when you installed the 4.00.01 it installed the nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap mod which is disabled by default. WoW sees it is supposed to be disabled and stores the disabled flag in the WTF. When you delete the WTF Bliz forgets the mod is supposed to be disabled.

Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
OK,

a very strange one:

Old WTF folder: minimap moves into the center with just a little problem in regards to round v square option not sticking.

Fresh WTF folder: Minimap stays inside the infopanel no matter if I enable or disable the /nui minimap.

I have already deleted my nUI folders and re-installed the emailed nUI Beta 4 -- 4.00.01 (Alpha) to make sure it was not caused by some rogue file

Testing this btw on the live realm with no other add-ons enabled

Furthermore the option is not always changed upon a reload but requires me to logout (the only way I can see this is due to the logon Nui output btw)

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-03-08 at 05:27 AM.

11-03-08, 02:59 PM   #1476
fludder
A Fallenroot Satyr

Kudos and Questions

I Absolutly LUV nUI!!! Ive used Spartan, numerous add-ons, other Mods but nUI has almost everything I need in one small memory footprint.

Here are a couple of observations I've made that I couldnt find refrence to in existing posts

#1 Inscription: Is there anyway to get a GCD for the create minor glyph 20hour cool down?

#2 I tend to carry 15 - 20 health pots on my priest and I noticed that the icon "blues" out once i am carring 15+

#3 I find SLDataText indispensable. It gives me the functionality of fubar without all the overhead. ... 2 questions...

#3a) Do you have any plans to incorporate something like this into nUI in the future?

#3b) Is there a way to increase the thickness of the top bar so that my SLDataText white 18point font has a solid background within the existing nUI screen frame

I think Im gonna go donate now ....

11-03-08, 03:10 PM   #1477
justin3563
A Defias Bandit
Another question for those familiar with playing Death Knights at higher levels... does the DK use casting bars in combat or is everything instant cast and melee?

Right now I have the rogue's combo points in the same location that one normally has the casting bar because, well, rogues don't cast in combat ~smile~ I'm wondering if I can get away with the same thing with Death Knights as a location for their runes. I'm also thinking of only lighting the runes up when active and hiding them the rest of the time as opposed to Bliz's rune buttons which are always visible.

Would it cause heartburn to locate the runes where the casting bar is now and if a casting bar is active, just overlaying the runes with it?

Any thoughts/feedback on this?
Yes everything is instant cast or melee.
edit: i just remembered that the deathknight mount like a pally or warlock is cast time based. but that is the only spell i can think of at work that is cast time based.

for your other question about the runes. Like seer pointed out there are two runes for each school, 2 blood 2 frost 2 unholy. there also is a 4th called death rune that is proc based or "wild card" that over rights a less used school to let you use more ability's in the school that your spec'd into.

ex: if you go down the blood tree there is a talent that allows your frost or unholy runes to become death runes temporary, allowing you to use more blood ability's instead of waiting for there cooldown to be up.

the Rune mechanic is more or less like a rogues energy bar... you start off with full runes and once used, one has to wait for each rune to regenerate before casting that school. There is also a second mechanic to the deathknight called runic focus that is like a rage bar. this bar starts off empty and slowly fills as you use your runes. There are specific ability's that work off of this runic focus instead of runes.

think of a death knight as a love child of a warrior/warlock/rogue

Last edited by justin3563 : 11-03-08 at 03:33 PM.

11-03-08, 03:28 PM   #1478
justin3563
A Defias Bandit
I'm also thinking of only lighting the runes up when active and hiding them the rest of the time as opposed to Bliz's rune buttons which are always visible.
As for hiding them until active I would suggest not. or maybe as a option to select. I personally would not hide them just due to being able to see which runes are coming up on cool down to plan the next set of ability's. kind of like how dot timers are used to know when to refresh dots or debuffs, death knights also have ability's that apply dots and need to work around rune cool downs vs time left on dots.

hope this helps.

11-03-08, 06:02 PM   #1479
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by fludder View Post
I Absolutly LUV nUI!!! Ive used Spartan, numerous add-ons, other Mods but nUI has almost everything I need in one small memory footprint.
Thank you for the kind word.

Here are a couple of observations I've made that I couldnt find refrence to in existing posts

#1 Inscription: Is there anyway to get a GCD for the create minor glyph 20hour cool down?
I *think* you can drag things like that to the action bars now in which case you would (should) get a cooldown on the button. At this time nUI only tracks cooldowns on actions that are on one of the action bars. At some point in the future I'll be looking at tradeskills, but not anytime soon. I would suggest looking for a tradeskill mod that does what you want... perhaps one of the nUI users here can make a suggestion or two. nUI is compatible with most mods, so it should be a non-issue.

#2 I tend to carry 15 - 20 health pots on my priest and I noticed that the icon "blues" out once i am carring 15+
Sounds like a bug, I'll look into it... though I have to say I carry a ton of them on my lock and warrior and I can't recall having seen that before.

#3 I find SLDataText indispensable. It gives me the functionality of fubar without all the overhead. ... 2 questions...

#3a) Do you have any plans to incorporate something like this into nUI in the future?

#3b) Is there a way to increase the thickness of the top bar so that my SLDataText white 18point font has a solid background within the existing nUI screen frame
I'm not familiar with that mod. nUI had (past tense) a slash command to deal with that kind of thing, but doesn't anymore. I will be adding the ability to have bars directly in nUI, but that too is a future development effort. In the meantime, I don't have a quick and dirty solution other than to have FuBar with no buttons or mods to make the room for you... but that's a pretty ugly fix.
I think Im gonna go donate now ....
Thanks for the support ~smile~

11-03-08, 06:04 PM   #1480
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by justin3563 View Post
As for hiding them until active I would suggest not. or maybe as a option to select. I personally would not hide them just due to being able to see which runes are coming up on cool down to plan the next set of ability's. kind of like how dot timers are used to know when to refresh dots or debuffs, death knights also have ability's that apply dots and need to work around rune cool downs vs time left on dots.

hope this helps.
Thanks very much for the input Justin -- it helps a lot.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement