08-30-12, 05:22 PM   #21
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
Curse = nearly 1.8 MILLION downloads
Let's be conservative and say they have had 1 Million downloads here and another million on carboniteaddon.com
That's nearly 4 Million downloads
There's one glaring fault with your math: Carbonite, whether from carboniteaddon.com or wowinterface.com, gets downloaded from the exact same page: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12965-Carbonite.html. The numbers you're estimating won't add up.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-30-12, 05:24 PM   #22
kunark29
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

omg i finally got it to work for me tyvm man you are a savior in my books idk how i could play wow with out my carbonite cheers to you boss and i understand the reason you dont want donations but from what ive gathered on forums and community is the devs for carbonite have been dead in the water a wile now but anyways thanks alot man

08-30-12, 05:27 PM   #23
Elistila
A Murloc Raider
Go in ur Carbonite / delete the 2 ( Carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc ) and do the new one in this data then it should be work

08-30-12, 05:33 PM   #24
Elistila
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
is your client running in en-US or your native language.
how can i find it out ? i dont know :O!

08-30-12, 05:37 PM   #25
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have drilled down (c:users\public\games\wow\interface\addons) and replaced on extract. Seems to be no change.
On the mini car map, guide wont open
No carbonite quest list
the "goto" doesnt work

What am I doing wrong ?
one more down... needs to be in addons\carbonite.

08-30-12, 05:39 PM   #26
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Elistila View Post
how can i find it out ? i dont know :O!
easiest way to know, is while your playing the game... is it in english? town names, quests, maps

08-30-12, 06:05 PM   #27
kunark29
A Murloc Raider
Smile

one more thing will you be able to update the carbonite nodes and transfer files there still out of date no big thing just curious

08-30-12, 06:13 PM   #28
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by kunark29 View Post
one more thing will you be able to update the carbonite nodes and transfer files there still out of date no big thing just curious
We don't know yet, I don't want to say yes and make commitments I can't keep until we find out what is happening with the addon and if I'm going to be allowed to continue working on it or if the developers are going to be doing there own update.

08-30-12, 06:27 PM   #29
Lyoo
A Fallenroot Satyr
I downloaded it & still cant use carbonite

08-30-12, 06:34 PM   #30
samatina
A Murloc Raider
Thank you SO VERY much for this Rythal. I've been using Carbonite for a while now and I would totally miss it if it was gone. Anyway, I know you worked your tail off for us and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for that hard work.

08-30-12, 07:05 PM   #31
kunark29
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
We don't know yet, I don't want to say yes and make commitments I can't keep until we find out what is happening with the addon and if I'm going to be allowed to continue working on it or if the developers are going to be doing there own update.
well imo opinon the devs should have had an update ready by the release of patch 5.0 every other add on i had had them with in 24hrs of the patch not good when a fan updates it for them imo your one hell of a guy and deserve alot of props for what you did for us loyal fans of carbonite

08-30-12, 07:23 PM   #32
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by kunark29 View Post
well imo opinon the devs should have had an update ready by the release of patch 5.0 every other add on i had had them with in 24hrs of the patch not good when a fan updates it for them imo your one hell of a guy and deserve alot of props for what you did for us loyal fans of carbonite
Normally i'd agree, because usually non-abandoned addons are patched and ready to go within 24 hours or so, but having worked on carbonite to do the fan update I know just what a huge task it is to add new stuff into it, especially an entire new continent. And the carbonite devs have never been timely with patches like that, it's always been a couple days before we saw a patch from them, so i'm half expecting to see something from them any day now.

Maybe i'm to optomistic, but hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

08-30-12, 07:32 PM   #33
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it seems kinda funny to me, since i'm the one who wrote the fan-update, but I also seem to be haavok & faatals biggest cheerleader, so sure they havn't abandoned us :P lol

08-30-12, 08:47 PM   #34
cryangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank you SO VERY much for this Rythal.
I am not so good at speaking English.
Modify your Carbonite_mop ver 5.004.003, so I made ​​Korean version.

I am waiting for your next version.

I make npc, item, quest data..
http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/npc/106/tooltip
http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/item/1006/tooltip
http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/quest/1206/tooltip

ex)

Português (EU)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/pt/npc/106/tooltip

简体中文
http://www.battlenet.*******/wow/zh/quest/1206/tooltip
battlenet.*******

Français
http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/npc/2106/tooltip

etc.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	5654
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	7120  

Last edited by cryangel : 08-30-12 at 11:25 PM.

08-30-12, 09:07 PM   #35
sbpbp
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would just like to say thank you for fixing for 5.0.4... I just have 1 question, everything is working fine but when I go into a BG the map doesn't show up like it used to...I was just wondering if it is something I am doing wrong or is it just because of the patch...thanks again

08-30-12, 09:26 PM   #36
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by sbpbp View Post
I would just like to say thank you for fixing for 5.0.4... I just have 1 question, everything is working fine but when I go into a BG the map doesn't show up like it used to...I was just wondering if it is something I am doing wrong or is it just because of the patch...thanks again
The maps were moved, right click the map and select follow me that'll reorient it properly for that BG.

08-30-12, 09:34 PM   #37
alvs437
A Defias Bandit
Rythal You ROCK DUDE!

:D Thank you so much Rythal for update Carbonite. I for one am very appreciative of your fan update. I have been using Carbonite since I started playing WoW and am lost with out it!! Anyways thank you for your amazing efforts and support to the Carbonite community.

Cheers

Alvinator

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

08-31-12, 12:56 AM   #38
cryangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Rythal, I need your help.

I am not so good at speaking English.

I translate your source.

One NPC is translation Success.
If more than one NPC is does not translation.

------------- This source, how do I fix?
local ven=CarboniteItems["Sources"][i]
s=format(L["Vendor: %s"],_NPC(ven))
--------------------------------------------

local L = Carbonite_Strings
local function _NPC(s) if not NPC_Strings and Quest_Strings then return s end return NPC_Strings[s] or Quest_Strings[s] or s end

ex)
VendorA_Name:
Korea translation: Korea VendorA name OK

VendorA_Name, VendorB_Name, VendorC_Name:
Korea not translation.

Look forward to hearing your advice.

08-31-12, 01:00 AM   #39
bigtoe2121
A Kobold Labourer
Dude thanks for the fix, my wife ran around screaming when she found out it was fixed.

08-31-12, 04:24 AM   #40
huntedknight
A Murloc Raider

Thank you so much Rythal for updating Carbonite !!!

For the Alliance !!!!!
For the Horde !!!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04