05-26-16, 02:04 AM   #1
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
texture:SetMask(mask) crashes client in certain scenario

K, made a separate thread for this bug.

Lua Code:
  1. local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", "TEST_FRAME", UIParent)
  2. frame:SetSize(64, 64)
  3. frame:SetPoint("CENTER")
  5. Minimap:SetParent(frame)
  7. local texture = GameTimeFrame:CreateTexture("TEST_TEXTURE", "OVERLAY")
  8. texture:SetTexture("Interface\\BUTTONS\\WHITE8X8")
  9. texture:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 2, -2)
  10. texture:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", -2, 2)
  12. function TestFunc(t)
  13.     t:SetMask("Interface\\Minimap\\UI-Minimap-Background")
  14. end
  16. C_Timer.NewTicker(10, function() TestFunc(texture) end)

This code will 100% cause ERROR#0.

Created texture is a region of GameTimeFrame (calendar button, child of Minimap frame), if I DO NOT re-parent Minimap, code doesn't cause any issues, however, if I re-parent Minimap to a new frame, this code will crash client.

-- edit

Updated code. It happens on the first call, I thought it was happening on the second one, because during the first call texture was hidden, duh. Texture has to be shown for bug to occur.

Last edited by lightspark : 05-26-16 at 02:36 AM. Reason: updated...

05-26-16, 07:28 AM   #2
ceylina
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Debating whether to reply or not because I was finding that both having a minimap mod and moving the default buttons was doing something that caused the error I put in your previous reply. Not modifying the minimap leaves my game stable so far. My questioning textures was off so thank you for digging into this. Not 100% sure it's exactly the trigger you described but I do know it is button manipulation or at least moving certain minimap buttons.

It's going to take me some more tracking down exactly what and when I get that error.

Last edited by ceylina : 05-26-16 at 07:34 AM.

05-26-16, 02:50 PM   #3
Predicate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not sure if my input is useful here, but I've had the same assertion failure (same line, same expression) seemingly caused by non-UI textures. However, I play in Wine on Linux, so I was reluctant to report it until I had confirmed it on Windows. That said, I experienced this crash frequently in graphically intensive areas while using the default UI only. In parts of Aszuna like Azurewing Repose, I would crash every few minutes, each time with the same error message in the OP. I suspect that the underlying issue, while it can be triggered by specific UI operations, can potentially affect any texture in the game.

05-26-16, 06:26 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey lightspark, I've been asked to pass along thanks to your for your 100% reproducible case. One of the Blizz engine programmers has been trying to track it down for a while now and the info you provided will help tremendously. Good job!

05-26-16, 09:30 PM   #5
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Hey lightspark, I've been asked to pass along thanks to your for your 100% reproducible case. One of the Blizz engine programmers has been trying to track it down for a while now and the info you provided will help tremendously. Good job!
Yay I'm always glad to help

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » texture:SetMask(mask) crashes client in certain scenario