01-05-11, 02:49 AM   #1
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Angry Wth!!!

I've downloaded Carbonites newest version (already have a thread about this started on their page) and it's not showing up in my addons list and it's been downloaded to the proper file location. Now I come to find out that it's not just carb, Bagnon, and Minimap button frame are also not showing in my addons list or in game. Anyone else having issues?
01-05-11, 03:10 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just in case the folder structure messed up go to your game folders addons folder and you should see the following folder structure

Carbonite
Carbonite.toc
Bagnon
Bagnon.toc

Basically inside the Interface/AddOns folder should be a folder with the name of the addon. If it has version numbers then it was installed incorrectly somehow. If you then open up that addons folder you should see at least a TOC file with the SAME name as the addon folder. If that isn't the case then that is another reason it isn't working.

Are you using Minion to install or self extracting ?

Check the above out and confirm. If you are not sure what to look for then make a screenshot of your Interface/AddOns folder and attach it to your next post.

There is also a useful FAQ thread here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762 that will explain something similar and possibly more in a bit more detail.
01-05-11, 10:34 AM   #3
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Not sure how to do a screen shot, but checked, no #'s attached to the folders, and didn't a manual install. Can't see to get minion to work for me, I use curse client or wow interface though if that helps, correction on this, just tried to load up curse client and it seems even that isn't working for now me now...tried to do a redownload of the client and I continue to get an error message when trying to install. ARG

Last edited by castersrus : 01-05-11 at 10:48 AM.
01-05-11, 02:13 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, sounds like you may have inadvertently extracted things wrong.

Take a look at that faq link I posted and try and work through it to see where you might have missed a step somewhere.

Also, as far as I know Carbonite will not download with the curse addon loader anyway as it is only available via wowinterface.
01-05-11, 09:32 PM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Actually, as of today Carbonite is available on Curse as well.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
01-05-11, 11:15 PM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Oh Torhal, you curmudgeonly scamp... you know very well that carb will never be hosted anywher but he...

What's that? They did? Why am I always the last to know?

Ummmm... these aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
01-06-11, 08:10 AM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I shall refrain from comment, because that would further derail the threat.

Err...thread!

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

Last edited by Torhal : 01-06-11 at 08:25 AM.
01-06-11, 08:22 AM   #8
Deathmastuda
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Just a thought...

If your having multiple probs and then Curse wont download and install correctly either u might wanna look outside of wow....Like run a virus scan,,and any other security app u have..i.e. spyware/spamware/trojankiller etc etc,Also make sure your version of windows is fully up to date...and if then still nothing try using the wowrepair utility..and then if even still u have probs..."I" would remove my wtf folder and reload game...see if it works then...and then if even still........well.....I would prolly do a pc recovery....but thats me..Your prob sounds very unique and not system wide..chances are its a messed up config file...

When u installed these new addons were there previous versions installed? 99% of addon authors require u fully delete the old version before installing a new one....to avoid potential probs....Good Luck...
01-06-11, 08:49 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Nah, he just had it in the wrong folder. Mistakes happen to everyone.

"The simplest solution is most often the correct one." Occam's razor.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Wth!!!