04-11-10, 03:46 AM   #1
mobidyc
A Defias Bandit
options menu and font problem (Linux inside)

Hello,

first, thanks to you to make minion works on Linux

When I want to search for an add-on, the description is unreadable, I think it's a font problem but I'm unable to solve this problem by myself.
you can see the screenshot in attachment.

Maybe there is an option to modify but unfortunately, tools -> options doesn't work for me.

When I try to access the options, nothing happens.

I've read the FAQ and found nothing concerning my problems.

current core version : 2.3.2
Linux : ubuntu 10.04 beta 1
$ uname -a
Linux argon 2.6.32-19-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 1 10:39:41 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8) (6b18~pre4-1ubuntu1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode)

If I launch java in verbose mode, here is the output when I click on options:
$ java -verbose -jar minion.jar
Code:
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Actions from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded com.mmoui.manager.ConfigPanelDialog from file:/home/mobidyc/minion/minion.jar]
[Loaded com.mmoui.manager.GlobalConfigPane from file:/home/mobidyc/minion/minion.jar]
[Loaded com.mmoui.manager.ConfigPanelDialog$2 from file:/home/mobidyc/minion/minion.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.ListModel from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.ComboBoxModel from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.MutableComboBoxModel from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.AbstractListModel from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.JComboBox$1 from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.AncestorNotifier from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.ComboBoxUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboBoxUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboBoxUI$ButtonHandler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.ComboPopup from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboPopup from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$EmptyListModelClass from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.JList from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$1 from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.ListUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthListUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$ListTransferHandler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.DefaultListCellRenderer from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.DefaultListCellRenderer$UIResource from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthListUI$SynthListCellRenderer from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$Handler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboBoxUI$SynthComboBoxRenderer from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.ComboBoxEditor from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboBoxUI$SynthComboBoxEditor from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthComboBoxUI$EditorFocusHandler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxUI$Handler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.JComboBox$KeySelectionManager from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxUI$DefaultKeySelectionManager from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.JSlider$ModelListener from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.SliderUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSliderUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthSliderUI from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSliderUI$Actions from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSliderUI$TrackListener from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthSliderUI$SynthTrackListener from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSliderUI$Handler from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSliderUI$ScrollListener from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.awt.Component$2 from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.awt.MouseInfo from /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar]
as you can see, there is no errors ;(

thanks for help if you can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	411
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	4154  

Last edited by mobidyc : 04-11-10 at 04:04 AM. Reason: add screenshot
04-14-10, 04:10 PM   #2
Wilroar-vt
A Kobold Labourer
I am also haveing the same problem.
04-14-10, 08:54 PM   #3
nilchitso
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, I don't have any issues with MMOMinion on Linux. I'm using Debian Sid running the official Sun Java 1.6.0_18 (Java 6).

If you're using Ubuntu the installed java may very well be one of the unofficial Java's or even a GNU java which could present compatibility problems.
04-15-10, 01:06 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nilchitso View Post
Hmm, I don't have any issues with MMOMinion on Linux. I'm using Debian Sid running the official Sun Java 1.6.0_18 (Java 6).

If you're using Ubuntu the installed java may very well be one of the unofficial Java's or even a GNU java which could present compatibility problems.
Likewise however I did some testing (Ubuntu 9.10). If I use the OpenJDK (the FOSS version of Java) 6 Runtime to run Minion the fonts look like those in the screenshot. However if I use the Sun Java 6 Runtime, Minion's fonts and menus look just fine.

If you have issues with Minion and you don't have Sun Java 6 installed, you can find Sun Java via Synaptic or the Ubuntu Software Center. You will need to have the Multiverse repository enabled (System -> Administration -> Software Sources then tick the multiverse checkbox).

I should add that Ubuntu comes with OpenJDK 6 (Or IcedTea in older versions) by default. Sun Java 6 has be to be installed by the user (in the same way that Flash and .mp3 support has to be installed by the user).

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-17-10 at 02:06 PM.
04-24-10, 11:50 AM   #5
mobidyc
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for your lights Zyonin.

effectively, It works better with OpenJre 6.

however, I've even no access to the options menu but it's a minor problem now.

thanks for everything.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » options menu and font problem (Linux inside)