04-11-10, 07:57 AM   #1
Flockrock
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Exclamation Update= New >> Old

I've downloaded MMOUI Minion and i think itīs a good programm, but when i click on [Update all] it update some addons to older versions.
Why didn't it looked on the Version?
04-11-10, 08:13 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It checks if you have the same version that is the latest known on wowi.
If an author does not update or upload a new version here the client
cant know that your version (from curse or elsewhere) does not need
an update.
04-17-10, 12:26 AM   #3
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's really skewed logic. As it is, I can't use Minion b/c it doesn't track what it does from session to session, but rather relies on the version in the .toc to determine whether or not something has been 'updated.' That means that fairly often it will update an addon, then when reloaded tell you that you need to update it again, b/c there's a "newer version" and then updated it with the same thing that's installed, over and over. It's stupid and annoying one would think that if it followed that logic with wowui, it would use the same logic with other sites, relying on the site-provided version vs the .toc version. Though, honestly, without a consistent versioning system across platforms and sites, it's a crap-shoot as to which is really a 'newer' version of anything.

If it won't put its own footprints in the addon directories to mark it's updates, I wish it'd force-update the .toc so that it stops the merry-go-round of "update the mod to the same version" nonsense.

Then again, I wish it'd stop abending every time it tries to delete an AceGUI-3.0 directory and leaving a mod half-deleted and un-updatable. Ah, the little things...
04-17-10, 02:46 AM   #4
Mambaru
A Defias Bandit

I tired Minion not long after it lauched. It would seem that nothings changed. I'm glad I don't use an updater anyone. But I'd rather have greater control over what I update, than the 'shotgun' affect of Minion.

Then again I've never given Curse's engine a whirl....

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Update= New >> Old