10-30-12, 11:28 AM   #1
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Bartender slide in

So i have bartender all setup with a bar on the left and right of my screen, at the moment i have it set to only be visible on mouse-over but i would very much like for these to slide in from the edge in order to go with my ui, i also want to attach some KGpanel graphics to the bar if this is possible?
10-31-12, 06:51 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Slide-in requires animation, which is only possible for secure frames (like action bars) out of combat.

Attaching kgPanels to anything is trivial; just specify the name of the frame in the kgPanels options as the parent for the panel. Type "/fstack" and mouseover the action bar to find its name.
10-31-12, 08:13 PM   #3
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, Phanx, your so helpful :-D so what happens to the bars if you are in combat? also if i managed to make these said bars slide in, would the attached kgpanel slide in with it?
10-31-12, 10:00 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Yes. If the panel is parented to the bar, and positioned relative to the bar, its visibility and position will automatically change with the bar's visibility and position.

As for combat, you would have to make the bars appear when entering combat, and remain visible until you left combat... or keep them hidden during combat.

An alternative would be to use a fade-in effect rather than a slide-in effect. Fading only requires changing the opacity, not the position, so it can be done in combat without restrictions.
10-31-12, 10:04 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Note: your buttons would still be clickable, just invisible when faded out.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-31-12, 11:00 PM   #6
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, currently the bars are faded out, on hover they are visible, i was wanting the slide in for the cool factor :-P
11-03-12, 05:11 PM   #7
Ryzdon
A Murloc Raider
Anyone able to help with the script to make actionbar slidein/out ?I would like to know myself too so I can implement it into my custom ui.I got the parenting figured out just need to figure out the script to make it slidein/out.

Last edited by Ryzdon : 11-03-12 at 07:31 PM.
11-03-12, 10:43 PM   #8
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
have you looked at FlyoutButton - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tonCustom.html ?
11-03-12, 11:15 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think LUI might be a better example. It already has bars that do the slide on the sides of the screen.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
11-05-12, 07:31 AM   #10
Ryzdon
A Murloc Raider
I figured it out

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender slide in