04-21-09, 08:51 PM   #1
HonorGoG
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Multiple Authors On Mod?

Is there a way to allow for multiple authors on an addon so others can keep the page updated? I was recently added as a "co-author" on a mod but I've been unable to modify the download page text. It would be great to allow the "Edit & Update" option to several people. Including a few people on my Titan Development Team. Something beyond the normal SVN project team members which is all code based.

Thanks!
04-29-09, 10:38 PM   #2
HonorGoG
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So I take it from the lack of a single response that this is currently impossible or that I posted this to the wrong forum.

I only ask because of this "I'm mentioning you as co-author from now, if you don't mind =]" and I've needed to make some updates.
04-29-09, 10:45 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Eeek, I'm sorry, I missed this at first.

Currently the only way we can allow multiple authors on a project is if they are FAs. If you are using the SVN here, the owner of the project can allow more than one person permissions to submit to the SVN and push versions. Also, depending on who it is/what project, if I know the people involved well enough, I'm willing to bounce ownership back and forth between them since I know they are "legit" on that project. So, just drop me a PM and, depending on what project it is, I can give you ownership for now and pass it back to the other person later. A little convoluted I know, but not too bad, and not really a big deal on my end to do it, only takes me a couple minutes to do it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Multiple Authors On Mod?