09-16-14, 05:36 AM   #1
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF_Phanx simple modifications

Hey there!

Im very new to Lua and currently never had to use it because i found a way to work around. To be honest im very good in skipping things im not into :'D overall i was looking for a simple good looking UF and guess what? I couldnt find anything that i could compare with Elv so i got two options. Using just the UI out of Elv or using oUF. As you can read in the title i decided to use Phanx's awesome oUF based UI.

Now i got some things i would like to change.

1: Buffs. I hate to have like 7 different buff trackers so it would be smart use just one. The Aura adding tool in Phanx's Ui is very cool but the default ones are missing so i basicly would like to delete them or is it worth just adding them into the tool if you want to manage them?

2: The border of the buffs in Phanx's UI. Im using Masque and would like to have the same look for every spell so i need to change every other icon to Phanx's style. Is it possible to import that style somehow to Masque?

3: Bossframe debuffs. I didnt raid with Phanx for now but i definitly need a Ui that for example colors the frames of bosses blue if i have to dispell them. As an example "Norushen" if you do the Test of Reliance you get the 3 allies in the Bossframe and i would like to get the one with the debuff colored. Is that possible by default in Phanx or does it need modifications?

Sorry for my bad english and the very "easy" questions. Didnt want to waste your time! :3
09-16-14, 11:13 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Lightbound View Post
1: Buffs. I hate to have like 7 different buff trackers so it would be smart use just one. The Aura adding tool in Phanx's Ui is very cool but the default ones are missing so i basicly would like to delete them or is it worth just adding them into the tool if you want to manage them?
The intention is that you add them in the GUI if you want to manage them. You can of course just delete them in the Lua file, but then you'll have to do it again every time you update the addon. At some point in the future I plan to overhaul the aura filtering system to provide more flexibility, and then all the default auras will already appear in the GUI, but that probably won't happen until sometime after WOD launches.

Also, if there are some auras that you think should be included by default, please let me know what they are (preferrably with a ticket) so I can add them to the addon. I've really only played destruction warlock and enhancement shaman in the last few years so I expect the default filters for other classes/specs are probably missing some things.

However, if you want to completely remove the aura displays from oUF_Phanx, you should just edit Frames.lua and stop the aura displays from being created at all. Find this and add the green part:

Code:
	----------------
	-- Aura icons --
	----------------
	--[===[ if unit == "player" then
And this:

Code:
	end ]===]

------------------------------
	-- Cast bar, icon, and text --
	------------------------------
This will comment out the entire section so it's not loaded at all.

2: The border of the buffs in Phanx's UI. Im using Masque and would like to have the same look for every spell so i need to change every other icon to Phanx's style. Is it possible to import that style somehow to Masque?
It's the border texture from ButtonFacade_SimpleSquare which works fine with Masque if you open it up (both Lua and TOC files) in Notepad and change "ButtonFacade" to "Masque" everywhere. Feel free to update the addon name (folder and TOC file) to "Masque" too. (Since you reminded me, I sent a PM to MoonWitch requesting to be added to the authors on the download page so I can update it.)

If you want to use a different Masque skin, and want oUF_Phanx to use that border texture, copy the texture file from the Masque skin folder (note that it may not be the file named "border" -- look in the skin's Lua file to see which texture file it uses for the "normal" layer) into the oUF_Phanx folder, and rename it to "SimpleSquare". If it's a .tga file that's fine, you don't need to convert it, but you do need to delete the existing .blp file so WoW doesn't get confused.

3: Bossframe debuffs. I didnt raid with Phanx for now but i definitly need a Ui that for example colors the frames of bosses blue if i have to dispell them. As an example "Norushen" if you do the Test of Reliance you get the 3 allies in the Bossframe and i would like to get the one with the debuff colored. Is that possible by default in Phanx or does it need modifications?
The dispel highlight works on all frames. If you can purge or steal magic buffs from enemies, and a boss has a magic buff, the border of its frame should turn blue. If this isn't happening, please let me know, with your class/spec, which boss, which buff, etc.

If you want actual buff icons on the boss frames, that will require some other modifications.
09-17-14, 06:03 AM   #3
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

Thanks a ton Phanx! Im not sure if i'll upload that ui set after its finished so im not sure about the aura thing. Basicly its realy nice to have a oUF based Unitframe with the posibility to enable / disable auras ingame. Properly i have to figure out how i want my buffs / debuffs work.

In general i thought about using stuff like Classtimers to track debuffs on the enemy and important buffs on the character. For the Raid buffs i wanted to do a raid buff reminder thing and for the general buffs like the black prince and stuff like that i wanted to track them with Auraframes. That is basicly the idea.

Lua Code:
  1. self.Buffs["growth-x"] = "LEFT"
  2.         self.Buffs["growth-y"] = "UP"
  3.         self.Buffs["initialAnchor"] = "BOTTOMRIGHT"
  4.         self.Buffs["num"] = floor((FRAME_WIDTH + GAP) / (FRAME_HEIGHT + GAP))
  5.         self.Buffs["size"] = FRAME_HEIGHT
  6.         self.Buffs["spacing-x"] = GAP
  7.         self.Buffs["spacing-y"] = GAP

Seems like if i change it to RIGHT and BOTTOMLEFT it would gfrow from the left to the right. Is that right? Would it than be possible to use KGPanels on the Aura stuff? So i could add like a clickable box to show the default buffs and debuffs that could properly do it. Overall im not sure if i could do that with for example Aura Frames because its not that easy to change the buffs to track and not to track.

Ill just think about that if it comes to that point. Anyways i really appreciate your easy to understand help!
09-17-14, 08:44 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Im not sure if i'll upload that ui set after its finished so im not sure about the aura thing.
As per the license, if you want to upload a modified version, you must rename the addon (not just the folder and files, but function names and globals too, so the original name doesn't show up in error messages/logs either).

Otherwise people download it, forget it's not the official version (or didn't know in the first place, because even if you put a giant flashing message across your download page, they probably won't read it) and waste my time asking for help when it breaks.

Seems like if i change it to RIGHT and BOTTOMLEFT it would gfrow from the left to the right. Is that right?
Yep.

In general i thought about using stuff like Classtimers to track debuffs on the enemy and important buffs on the character. For the Raid buffs i wanted to do a raid buff reminder thing and for the general buffs like the black prince and stuff like that i wanted to track them with Auraframes. ...... Would it than be possible to use KGPanels on the Aura stuff? So i could add like a clickable box to show the default buffs and debuffs that could properly do it. Overall im not sure if i could do that with for example Aura Frames because its not that easy to change the buffs to track and not to track.
It would be possible (though complicated) to have a kgPanel attached to the oUF Phanx auras. The "problem" is that the aura icons are created on demand, so they may not exist when kgPanels loads, and more can be added after kgPanels loads.

I'm not sure what the default buffs and debuffs do "properly" that you're looking for... can you explain?

Personally I use the oUF Phanx auras for important things, and PhanxBuffs (my default buff/debuff frame replacement) to show everything else and raid buffs. The number on the raid buffs box is reminder enough, and I actually have the Black Prince buff hidden completely since it's irrelevant.
09-17-14, 03:52 PM   #5
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

If it comes to that point ill definitly will ask the authors of the addons im using about it but untill then i have to fix tons of things, learn a lot and even manage to make it easy to switch around in the profiles. Overall thanks so far for the freaking awesome Modification you created. It did inspirate me across the whole ui and basicly was the "concept" thing.

My basic idea was to somehow track the raidbuffs like in a lot of common UI's. (properly weakaura) So i definitly need to be able to enable and disable buffs. Would be messy to build a raid buff check in WA and than show them in another buff bar.

Than i would like to show important buffs / debuffs in "animation bars" (i call them like this). Like Classtimer would to it for example. A

nd than there are just the "nice to know buffs" and i would like to put the nice to know buffs into a toggle / expander thingy somewhere into my UI to look at them if i want to.

So overall i could go for the default buffs and i realy like the idea of adding / deleting them that easy but as you sayed it hard to parent kg panels on them. I dont know how your buff addon is working and i dont know if its possible to masque it as well but if it doesnt load on demand it properly would work. If there isnt a addon tracking buffs in a space onload i simply can disable them or something like that. Its not that needed and since my Ui is aiming for Raiding i properly wont need to track every buff.

Ill check out your buff addon asap.

Edit: just had to laugh about the google translator german in the buff addon :'D I guess to read my english turns int he same result anyways i want to provide you the "german" version of it

Einfache Ersätze für die Stärkungszauber-, Schwächungszauber- und Waffenverzauberung-Anzeige des Spielers.

should be:

Ein einfacher Ersatz für die Stärkungszauber-, Schwächungszauber- und Waffenverzauberungs-Anzeige des Charakters.

Last edited by Lightbound : 09-17-14 at 03:57 PM.
09-17-14, 04:08 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Than i would like to show important buffs / debuffs in "animation bars" (i call them like this). Like Classtimer would to it for example. A
I'm not familiar with Classtimer, but if you want aura timer bars, there was recently a thread about adding them to oUF layouts and the code there should be compatible with oUF Phanx, though you will probably want to point the filters to the layout's existing filter functions to take advantage of the filtering system, and make a few other modifications to make the font and texture match.

I dont know how your buff addon is working and i dont know if its possible to masque it as well but if it doesnt load on demand it properly would work. If there isnt a addon tracking buffs in a space onload i simply can disable them or something like that. Its not that needed and since my Ui is aiming for Raiding i properly wont need to track every buff.
It supports Masque. I'm not sure what you mean by "load on demand" though... it loads when you log in, like most other addons. Its primary purpose is to replace the Blizzard buffs and debuffs, so it would not make sense to only load it when you joined a raid, for example, since that would mean the default frames would be visible until then, which kind of defeats the point.

If you want to toggle it from a kgPanel, put this in your OnClick script:

Code:
if not released then return end -- ignore mousedown, work on mouseup only like a normal button
self.showFrames = not self.showFrames
PhanxBuffFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
PhanxDebuffFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
PhanxTempEnchantFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
Then register for the PET_BATTLE_CLOSE and put this in your OnEvent script:

Code:
PhanxBuffFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
PhanxDebuffFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
PhanxTempEnchantFrame:SetShown(self.showFrames)
09-17-14, 05:46 PM   #7
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

Thanks Phanx. Ill give the Buff thing a try. In terms of the aura timer bars i properly will take a 3. party thing i dont want to mess the fps with a worse coded thign or even a snipped. Ill properly will try to learn lua and stuff like that after i got my UI working in general for myself

Ill write or edit again after i checkd out your buff addon and still got questions. If not i very appreciate your fast support and your help Keep up that good work! Its realy motivating to get intouch with people who are something like a paragon instead of just see whats possible with lua but dont get a hand on it!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF_Phanx simple modifications