09-29-08, 12:40 PM   #61
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ciko View Post
Hopefully you know what causes this:

I'm dual boxing, and I play in 1680x1050. Changed all account names accordingly, etc, etc.

When I play the game in Full Screen mode (with both accounts running), everything works fine.

If I put both accounts into Windowed mode, I start getting graphical errors left and right. (Think when your video card dies...The graphics all skewed, jagged lines shooting off the screen, etc). If I change the modes back into Full Screen -- Everything goes back to normal, fine and dandy.

Through testing, It's related to the WTF folder. As soon as I reset the WTF folder to default, I can run Windowed mode in 2 games just fine and never get the graphical lines, jagged marks, etc.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't the Interface Folder or Cache Folder so I removed those, went to default, etc, etc and it will still do it as long as that WTF folder is there.

If I run just 1 game in Windowed -- it seems to be fine. As soon as I load that 2nd client in Windowed -- it all goes jagged (even on the login screen).

Lots of rambling, but trying to describe it as accurately as possible. I love this UI and Windowed mode helps a ton when running 2 accounts on the same PC.

Any help you can give would be INSANELY appreciated.
Are you using the latest version (1.4)? I reset the config.wtf file for that version. Previous versions of the config.wtf file were designed to extend the graphics beyond the maximum allowed amounts and causing performance issues.

Also try just deleting the LUA files of Skinner in the WTF folder. The only time I had graphical errors that made me consider the sanity of my graphics card, it was related to Skinner.

Finally, try running the Blizzard Repair Utility in your main directory and check all the Reset options and run it. Then install a fresh copy of Onslaught.

Originally Posted by Eliam View Post
I hope it will come out some day the 1280 x 1024 i will gief it max point for that
This is being worked on, I've converted most of kgPanels, but still need to sort out the rest of the UI.
09-29-08, 03:38 PM   #62
Eliam
A Murloc Raider
ah good to know i can't wait for it
10-03-08, 03:08 PM   #63
Tsugumi
A Defias Bandit
Hey there,

Great UI but i got a prob with Atlas Loot.
I know its not in your Addon Pack but hopefully you know how to fix it.
Screenie: http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atlasmg6.jpg
When i want to select 1 of the list to browse through it doesnt allow me cause both the drop down menu's are covering eachother. Any chance of getting them how they should be?

Hope you can help me.
10-03-08, 09:43 PM   #64
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tsugumi View Post
Hey there,

Great UI but i got a prob with Atlas Loot.
I know its not in your Addon Pack but hopefully you know how to fix it.
Screenie: http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atlasmg6.jpg
When i want to select 1 of the list to browse through it doesnt allow me cause both the drop down menu's are covering eachother. Any chance of getting them how they should be?

Hope you can help me.
I would start by using the correction resolution. Looks like you have a fullscreen (5:4) version there. Use the WTF folder from the latest version and it should fit better.

See if you still have a problem after using the correct resolution.
10-15-08, 03:49 AM   #65
Baalnazaar
A Kobold Labourer

It looks very nice, good job!
10-15-08, 04:37 AM   #66
theomegapoint
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hey Vern... I;ve been loving your UI since day 1, but it seems the patch hasn't been so faithful.
Looking forward to an update to save me from the horribleness of the default ui.
10-16-08, 12:32 PM   #67
NekoSama
A Murloc Raider
Yep, I got some problems too, thanks to the patch.
I must admit i'm a little confused right now to get the adds up to date

Save us mighty hero
10-16-08, 06:17 PM   #68
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
I'm aware of the problems, don't worry. I'll start working on it this weekend, which will also give more time to the addon authors to get updates. I can't really do much before they update.

I use wowmatrix to update my addons. But this will not suddenly 'fix' the UI.
10-16-08, 11:33 PM   #69
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
I'm aware of the problems, don't worry. I'll start working on it this weekend, which will also give more time to the addon authors to get updates. I can't really do much before they update.

I use wowmatrix to update my addons. But this will not suddenly 'fix' the UI.
I began to use WOWMatrix as well with this patch seeing as how while I was on "break" from playing someone killed my AceUpdater. oh well.

Anyway, I'm only posting this here to warn that WOWMatrix actually downgraded a few of my addons to lower versions than I had them when I manually updated them. It's guilty of doing this to Pitbull for me a few times, but as of today and yesterday has given me fewer problems.

It does get a lot of the errors out of the way, though.

Great interface, keep up the good work!
10-17-08, 09:10 AM   #70
freitzehn
A Defias Bandit
Wowmatrix is pretty much a bad thing in general. It allows you to download an addon without giving the author any credit for it at all.

Such as: some guy can update onslaught ui to his heart's contempt (assuming if it was a stand alone mod, not a compilation), yet you only ever get credit for his very first download of it. Meanwhile, wowmatrix gets money from all the ads they have floating on their programs, while sites like wowinterface/curse-gaming lose regular visitors (and money from people wanting their ads on the site, since it is becoming less popular). If we keep using auto-downloaders such as wowmatirx, then the popular sites that allow you access to mods will either close down, or require a fee to use.

Just figured I'd help spread the knowledge!
10-17-08, 12:39 PM   #71
Carz
nUI User-Supporter

Originally Posted by freitzehn View Post
Wowmatrix is pretty much a bad thing in general. It allows you to download an addon without giving the author any credit for it at all.

Such as: some guy can update onslaught ui to his heart's contempt (assuming if it was a stand alone mod, not a compilation), yet you only ever get credit for his very first download of it. Meanwhile, wowmatrix gets money from all the ads they have floating on their programs, while sites like wowinterface/curse-gaming lose regular visitors (and money from people wanting their ads on the site, since it is becoming less popular). If we keep using auto-downloaders such as wowmatirx, then the popular sites that allow you access to mods will either close down, or require a fee to use.

that not true any more they show the name of the author there website if the have one and wat version u have in our folder and wat the new on is if u dont belive me go download it and see for yourself
10-18-08, 01:33 PM   #72
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by freitzehn View Post

Thanks for your input! I knew wowmatrix wasn't very popular out there in terms of how it overlooks all the the authors with the single 'Update All..' button. However, working on the Onslaught UI is a lot of work, especially right now. I much rather be able to update all my addons quickly, so I can get right to fixing the interface.
10-19-08, 08:08 PM   #73
kodefoo
A Murloc Raider
Hey, i really like the ui. Very well put together. I am just having a hard time getting one addon to cooperate. There is some text that popped up in the middle of the screen. It shows a lot of information and stats but it is getting annoying whenever i mouse over any of it there is a large tooltip. Is there a way to get rid of that? thanks

10-19-08, 09:05 PM   #74
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by kodefoo View Post
Hey, i really like the ui. Very well put together. I am just having a hard time getting one addon to cooperate. There is some text that popped up in the middle of the screen. It shows a lot of information and stats but it is getting annoying whenever i mouse over any of it there is a large tooltip. Is there a way to get rid of that? thanks

That's SLDataText. It appears the latest version doesn't copy the profile over, but you can access its config with /sldatatext. I'm currently in queue for my server so that's all I can say right now. But there should be a Profiles area in the config where can find my profile and copy it.
10-20-08, 12:55 AM   #75
Tygara1
A Defias Bandit
Love the UI... Been using AllDuece for quite some time but it hasn't been updated and apparently from what I've read on their forums the original creator has stopped playing WoW, and the people that decided to take over updating are dragging their feet. Found your UI a couple days ago, and have been waiting for it to be 3.0.2 compatable! Yay thanks for the update

Anyways, the only a couple small issues I had.

One was the same problem Kodefoo had, which you answered and that works fine now that Ive learned which mod that was. Another issue I had was, Im a warrior and I had no stance bar. Played around with Macaroon and learned how to create my own bar, and learned how to properly page the bars depending on the stance I am in.

The only issue I now have seems to be when I cast a buff like battle shout I get a small bar in the center of my screen, directly on top of my character.

Screenshot here:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...008_025205.jpg

Any idea what addon that might be so I can find out how to move it?

Thanks again for the great addon and the speedy update!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I cant seem to find a way to get rid of the Macaroon button from my minimap, would love to get it off there and onto fubar if its possible

Last edited by Tygara1 : 10-20-08 at 12:57 AM.
10-20-08, 01:42 AM   #76
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Those look like classtimers?

They're certainly timers of some sort, try typing /classtimers and see if you can get the menu to come up somehow. I'm pretty sure there's a profile you just load and it goes off to the side away from the field of battle.

I got everything set up smashingly over here, I just wish my computer didn't lag so hard in the Outlands.

Now I just need to memorize all my new keybindings and spell rotations, then I'm off to the races!
10-20-08, 08:41 AM   #77
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tygara1 View Post
{snip}
Edit: I forgot to mention, I cant seem to find a way to get rid of the Macaroon button from my minimap, would love to get it off there and onto fubar if its possible
No this is unfortunately not easily done with the latest version of Macaroon. I'm sure Maul will implement the feature as he did in Trinity though.

Originally Posted by FlawlessCowboy View Post
Those look like classtimers?

They're certainly timers of some sort, try typing /classtimers and see if you can get the menu to come up somehow. I'm pretty sure there's a profile you just load and it goes off to the side away from the field of battle.

I got everything set up smashingly over here, I just wish my computer didn't lag so hard in the Outlands.

Now I just need to memorize all my new keybindings and spell rotations, then I'm off to the races!
Thanks for pointing out the ClassTimers!

If you're having performance issues, don't forget that I have the slider set to High when you download it.

Additionally, make sure you don't have addons like Auctioneer or Carbonite enabled all the time. Use the Addon Control Panel ( /acp) to enable/disable these without logging out. Aloft (the nameplates addon) also uses a decent amount of memory.

Last edited by Veniche : 10-20-08 at 08:43 AM.
10-20-08, 09:12 AM   #78
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for pointing out the ClassTimers!

If you're having performance issues, don't forget that I have the slider set to High when you download it.

Additionally, make sure you don't have addons like Auctioneer or Carbonite enabled all the time. Use the Addon Control Panel ( /acp) to enable/disable these without logging out. Aloft (the nameplates addon) also uses a decent amount of memory.
Okay, so I was wondering what Carbonite was, but I looked it up and it's the addon responsible for that sweet minimap that appears to the left of the screen on every character but my main one, haha. I'm going to have to play around with it for a while, see what I can't do with it.

I know there used to be a way to set more memory aside for addons in the addons frame before you logged into a character, but that seems to be gone now. I think that might be helpful, but I can't tell.

Auctioneer I do have, but I got that under control. It and I are old, old friends.

The other day I noticed that when I press the ` key, some kind of display pops up which appears to have two buttons, a bear and (what looks like) a tree or something. In the middle of the two is a rotating circle that points to my mouse. What addon is this? It looks incredibly cool, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with it.

In retrospect, this looks to be part of Carbonite. Is this correct?

Excellent work so far, keep it up!

Last edited by FlawlessCowboy : 10-20-08 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Clarity, figured some things out
10-20-08, 12:09 PM   #79
aquanda
A Kobold Labourer
The other day I noticed that when I press the ` key, some kind of display pops up which appears to have two buttons, a bear and (what looks like) a tree or something. In the middle of the two is a rotating circle that points to my mouse. What addon is this? It looks incredibly cool, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with it.

That is part of OPie. The key bind for bringing up your mounts is "`" and to customize this setup you just type /opie and go from there.
10-20-08, 12:12 PM   #80
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Okay, so I was wondering what Carbonite was, but I looked it up and it's the addon responsible for that sweet minimap that appears to the left of the screen on every character but my main one, haha. I'm going to have to play around with it for a while, see what I can't do with it.

I know there used to be a way to set more memory aside for addons in the addons frame before you logged into a character, but that seems to be gone now. I think that might be helpful, but I can't tell.

Auctioneer I do have, but I got that under control. It and I are old, old friends.

They removed the ability to manually allocate the maximum memory allowed by addons a while back. You don't need to worry about it because now the game will automatically control this value. If your addons require more memory, it will be given, rather than before where the game forced you to exit.

When you pressed the ` key you saw the OPie addon. It allows to make rings of actions/spells/items that you can activate by simply pointing your mouse in that direction and releasing the key that you pressed in the first place. The ring that you saw specifically was one that I use to either select my flying mount (nether drake) or my ground mount (amani warbear). You can access OPIe with /opie, or the ring making interface directly with /rk.

EDIT: aquanda beat me to it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter