12-03-14, 10:17 AM   #1
Chillhowl
A Murloc Raider
Hide Quest Icons

Hey all,Is there a way to hide the quest icons on the minimap. I know I can hide trivial quests, but I don't want to see any of them. (I know I'm weird haha) Usually I just hide the minimap all together, but I want to be able to track crafting nodes. If I can't hide the quest icons is there a way to track the resorce nodes without the use of the minmap?

Basically my goal is to be able to track resorces, without seeing any quests on the minimap.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
12-03-14, 11:06 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My best bet would be to replace the Interface\Minimap\ObjectIcons.blp file.
See the link for a png version of it.

https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-text...BJECTICONS.PNG
12-03-14, 12:28 PM   #3
Chillhowl
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
My best bet would be to replace the Interface\Minimap\ObjectIcons.blp file.
See the link for a png version of it.

https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-text...BJECTICONS.PNG
Thanks, I'll mess around with this when I get home from work.

When I was reading about what not to post in this section of the forum I noticed it said you can't make different nodes look different, or hide tracking for NPCs. Does that mean that even if you edited them here they would still show up on the minimap? I'm only really worried about the quest icons, but I'm also curious.
12-03-14, 12:35 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't change how different nodes look on the minimap because they all use the same texture, but you could edit the question mark and exclamation points out of the object icons texture and tell the minimap to use that instead of the default one.
12-03-14, 12:55 PM   #5
Chillhowl
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
You can't change how different nodes look on the minimap because they all use the same texture, but you could edit the question mark and exclamation points out of the object icons texture and tell the minimap to use that instead of the default one.
Oh ok, I get it. Thanks

This combined with FarmHud (Once I get it all figured out) should be pretty cool

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide Quest Icons