Quantcast
Will Carbonite be updated for MOP? - Page 16 - WoWInterface
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-31-12, 04:58 PM   #301
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,352
Originally Posted by hatori1181 View Post
Hello. I noticed something after I grabbed the update and I made an account because it's driving me crazy.

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't know what that circle around my character is, but it's a different graphic than the rest of the map. The only other map add-on I have is NPCscan, and it never caused an issue before. I realize it's a small issue, but it is driving me freaking nuts. If anyone knows what's causing this, whether it's a setting I need to change or what. I just want that circle around my character to not be there.

Thanks for all the hard work on updating this add-on. Here's hoping there's some official word so that we know what to expect one way or the other.
Try this:
Open Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page, and make sure the "Minimap docks when map is maximized" option is UNchecked. That's how my map is set (for that option) and it looks like this: (Click the image for larger version: 1024 x 640. Might open in a new browser tab or window.) (The small "100%" is something on my unit frame, and is a SLDT text that just has its' strata high enough to show up above the Carbonite map when it's maximized.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-MaxMap.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	7125
The minimized map looks like this, though: Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-MinMap.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	7126 simply because I have the maps merged.

Granted, it's Thunder Bluff, and not Stormwind City, but my maximized map did the exact same thing as yours when I enabled (checked) that option.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-31-12 at 06:42 PM. Reason: More information. Might be useless - you decide.
 
08-31-12, 05:58 PM   #302
rayo4444
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I do apologize to you all for not being the fastest at getting some things fixed and patched, but the truth is I'm just as lost as most the rest of you, I cleaned up the code to make it readable (i'm sure some of you have looked and noticed that), but 99% of the functions and variables are in short form.
Seriously, Rythal you have nothing to apologize for. I guess I speak for this whole community when I say I am happy anyone is doing anything to make this addon work. You are truly great!

As for starting to make a new addon or to patch up this one, I for sure support you in any decision you make
 
08-31-12, 09:51 PM   #303
jovenyoung
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
I donated to the original authors a couple of years ago and never got invited into the donor forum area or got a thank you or anything. I didn't really care because I felt they did a nice job on an addon I enjoyed. I do believe that they do owe us at least the respect of saying something about if they will continue with this addon or not. Thanks again for your great work on getting it working again. It works great for what my wife and I use it for and I sent you some beer money. Don't get too drunk 8)
 
08-31-12, 09:59 PM   #304
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by jovenyoung View Post
I donated to the original authors a couple of years ago and never got invited into the donor forum area or got a thank you or anything. I didn't really care because I felt they did a nice job on an addon I enjoyed. I do believe that they do owe us at least the respect of saying something about if they will continue with this addon or not. Thanks again for your great work on getting it working again. It works great for what my wife and I use it for and I sent you some beer money. Don't get too drunk 8)
I donate 50 USD some time ago ... i have got an access to donators forum,but i must write message to some admin it is not automatic,i think there is some sticky post about that ...
It take some time,but i have got rights to that forum ... but it is completely useless because everyone talks only in ordinary forum ...

JK
 
08-31-12, 11:46 PM   #305
Squirtle
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
(O_o)

Originally Posted by Tweeker View Post
wow without carbonite seems bad... I sure hope that there can be some sort of fix or replacement.. I love how it all works, mainly the mapping and quest tracking.. without everything that carbonite brings to the table, I can estimate adding about 15 addons (some rather bulky) just to scrape the surface of getting "close".

Not to say that replacing it would be impossible, but omg... I would not want to be the person in charge of that task.
NOTHING CAN REPLACE CARBONITE!! Also Rythal i was wondering if you fixed the bug where you cannot see your BG or DG Q?? I have it Working but that bug is really bothering me
 
08-31-12, 11:54 PM   #306
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by jovenyoung View Post
I donated to the original authors a couple of years ago and never got invited into the donor forum area or got a thank you or anything. I didn't really care because I felt they did a nice job on an addon I enjoyed. I do believe that they do owe us at least the respect of saying something about if they will continue with this addon or not. Thanks again for your great work on getting it working again. It works great for what my wife and I use it for and I sent you some beer money. Don't get too drunk 8)
According to the Sticky thread above, there are instructions on how *YOU* should proceed if you want to be added to the supporters section. An excerpt is below - but please check the sticky thread for exact information and screenshots.
=====
If you have donated to Carbonite you are welcome to join our Carbonite Supporters Forum.

Please follow the instructions below and be sure to include your email address or PayPal transaction ID (request reason field). Without your email address/transaction ID we have no way of tracking your donation down. Any requests that can't be matched will be denied. If your request was denied please send another join request and check that your email information is correct or try to provide other information to help us out. I can only add you to this group via a join request. Thanks for your support!
=====
I am a supporter, have been for many years (and was also paying back when they could accept payments). As for letting us know when they will not be supporting the addon, they have told us numerous times in the past that they will let the community know when and if they decide to no longer support Carbonite. Until such a time, we should assume they will. Also understand that, as I remember, they are not very active in WoW anymore - and that may add more wait time to their response time as well.
 
08-31-12, 11:59 PM   #307
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
NOTHING CAN REPLACE CARBONITE!! Also Rythal i was wondering if you fixed the bug where you cannot see your BG or DG Q?? I have it Working but that bug is really bothering me
That was fixed 2 days ago :P visit the site and grab 5.04.003
 
09-01-12, 03:33 AM   #308
yo123
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
I have the same problem that hatori1181,the map only shows a "minimap" circle in the middle of the map,and i have the option 'Minimap docks when map is maximized' unchecked,i can't do anything to fix it :/
Also i have a problem with the gather icons(herb nodes,mineral nodes...),that only shows in the minimap when i maximice the map...i cannot say it appropriately,i'm not english D:
I attach some images
http://imageshack.us/f/20/asdinq.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/812/nuevaimag...adebitsis.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/100/sinttulolr.png/
How can i also fix this? i cannot farm maximizing the map constantly to see the farming route >.<
Edit:images not showing

Last edited by yo123 : 09-01-12 at 07:17 AM.
 
09-01-12, 03:49 AM   #309
spewage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11
Strange distances for quest items

Rythal,

Firstly, I'd like to add my thanks for your work on getting this addon back on track. Whatever/however this can be continued deserves a lot of praise.

One issue though that I've found levelling yet another character - the distances to quest objectives that the HUD shows appear to be somewhat... off?

Foe example, quest "Rubble Trouble" in Winterspring. Standing in the Inn, the HUD shows 11000+ yds to a spot in 1K Needles, although the shaded area appears in the correct area near Everlook.

I'm using the wow-pro addon for quest progression, which worked fine before, and it also works fine if I disable Carbonite and use TomTom instead.

Any thoughts?
 
09-01-12, 05:31 AM   #310
cryangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by spewage View Post
Rythal,

Firstly, I'd like to add my thanks for your work on getting this addon back on track. Whatever/however this can be continued deserves a lot of praise.

One issue though that I've found levelling yet another character - the distances to quest objectives that the HUD shows appear to be somewhat... off?

Foe example, quest "Rubble Trouble" in Winterspring. Standing in the Inn, the HUD shows 11000+ yds to a spot in 1K Needles, although the shaded area appears in the correct area near Everlook.

I'm using the wow-pro addon for quest progression, which worked fine before, and it also works fine if I disable Carbonite and use TomTom instead.

Any thoughts?
me too..
I have the same problem the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1793
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	7129  
 
09-01-12, 05:52 AM   #311
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,352
You might try unchecking the "Auto Scale" box on the top right corner of your minimized map. The one on your pic with a check in it. The other one (the one with the "X" in it) is for locking your minimized map in place. However, if you hover each with your cursor, they'll show a tool tip telling you which does what.

I don't know if that will stop the problem, but with all of the "new zones" that were added for MoP, that might (at least) help your sanity while looking at Carbonites map until it can "catch up" to the new content.

Unchecking that option will at least stop the minimized map from zooming out to show both your characters location and your "go to" point.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-01-12 at 05:55 AM.
 
09-01-12, 07:30 AM   #312
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by spewage View Post
Rythal,

Firstly, I'd like to add my thanks for your work on getting this addon back on track. Whatever/however this can be continued deserves a lot of praise.

One issue though that I've found levelling yet another character - the distances to quest objectives that the HUD shows appear to be somewhat... off?

Foe example, quest "Rubble Trouble" in Winterspring. Standing in the Inn, the HUD shows 11000+ yds to a spot in 1K Needles, although the shaded area appears in the correct area near Everlook.

I'm using the wow-pro addon for quest progression, which worked fine before, and it also works fine if I disable Carbonite and use TomTom instead.

Any thoughts?
It was explained earlier in this thread that the starter areas were moved to their own instances and are no longer where they used to reside. Changing the API to Blizzard's in the carbonite setting while you're in the starter zone will fix that problem.
 
09-01-12, 08:56 AM   #313
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 92
Many thanks

Many thanks go out to Rythal for all the effort put into this update, haven't used it yet....only just found the download link.

I don't know about anybody else, I haven't the time to read this entire thread, but it would be nice, indeed common courtesy, for the original devs to post an announcement that they have abandoned the project (or not), and take down the www.carboniteaddon.com site to at least reduce confusion.

Also, (and again, I haven't read this entire thread) they (the original devs) need to do something with the license agreement so that people like Rythal can continue to work and officially release their projects on sites like this.

PS. No, I'm not a developer, well, I do some PHP stuff but not on this level, but I do realise people have other lives/jobs outside of programming for their favourite video games, but my comment still stands....it would take no more than a few seconds to announce the abandonment of the official Carbonite project, thank eveyone who has for their support and close down the official site.
 
09-01-12, 09:10 AM   #314
spewage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
It was explained earlier in this thread that the starter areas were moved to their own instances and are no longer where they used to reside. Changing the API to Blizzard's in the carbonite setting while you're in the starter zone will fix that problem.
Schwim,

Yes, I'd already read that. However, Winterspring/Silithus etc. are not starter areas. Changing to use the Blizzard settings doesn't help. YMMV of course.
 
09-01-12, 12:02 PM   #315
StrawGirl
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
No more Carbonite?

I'm new here and a bit of a noob.... am I correct in thinking that Carbonite is going away completely and will not have a MoP upgrade???? Please tell me I am wrong.
 
09-01-12, 01:32 PM   #316
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
I'm actually trying to fix the starter zone seperate maps right now before I update. Convincing the game your still in elwynn forest instead of Northshire, and not displaying the new map at all... But it's being a real pain in the ass trying to figure out the scaling of the micro zone. Punching in the numbers from say elywnn forest, for northshire didn't work even tho they are the same maps same area, and I have still yet to figure out where they got the original scaling information from.

I might upload a new version anyways, so far i've got the group questing fixed, and the minimap transparencies have made a return with new options to dock / fullsize in cities to stop the black circle (which interestingly enough, the black circle problem started years ago in the MAC client... odd it's made it's way into the PC one).
 
09-01-12, 01:42 PM   #317
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 960
Originally Posted by StrawGirl View Post
I'm new here and a bit of a noob.... am I correct in thinking that Carbonite is going away completely and will not have a MoP upgrade???? Please tell me I am wrong.
okay. You're wrong.
 
09-01-12, 01:45 PM   #318
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,352
I've seen a few posts that people are having problems seeing their Carbonite routes (it's being hidden behind the Blizz minimap when the maps are merged) with the fan update patches that are posted in the forum.

I think I might have found a solution for that.

Start by opening your maximized map. (The default for this, with Carbonite installed, is simply pressing the "M" key)

Pick a spot with your cursor that is in the same zone you are in, but on the other side of that zone from your current location.

Press and hold the "ctrl" key, then, while holding the "ctrl" key, left click on that spot.

By default, that is how you put a "goto" point on the Carbonite map.

Go back to your minimized map. (Press the "M" key again)

If you see your complete "goto" path on your minimized map, you don't have to do anything else. (Well except get rid of the path which you can do by right clicking a non-icon area of the minimized map and choosing "Clear Goto" in the menu)

If, however, you can't see the entire path (Blizz's minimap is blocking part of it), here's what you can try:

Right click a non-icon area of the minimized map. In the menu, choose "Minimap...", and in the next menu you can adjust the "Docking Below Map Scale (number)" number until you can see the route show up above the minimap. For me, that was around 2.50, but I have it currently set on 2.00 just to be sure.

That's pretty much it. I hope I've helped with this accidental "discovery".

By-the-way, I've also seen a couple of posts that express a bit of concern over the way the Blizzard Minimap acts, when merged with Carbonites map, while you're traveling. This is actually normal behavior, and is caused by the differences in "zoom" that each map uses: The Blizzard Minimap "only" uses six levels of zoom, but the Carbonite map is "infinitely" zoom-able. That is always happening, but you couldn't see it before simply because you could hide Blizzards Minimap.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-01-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Spaling. 8^)
 
09-01-12, 02:28 PM   #319
EmyrB
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Valley of Trials Map Broken

@ Rythal - I appreciate all your work on this, you need a gold medal and I hate to pile on even more on those mighty shoulders of yours, but the map is borked for Valley of Trials, I have included a screen shot of said issue as a picture can say it better than how I can describe it.

Anybody got any ideas on how I can fix this. I did start reading the entire thread, until I got to the download bit and skipped it from there on out. I have tried the Goblin Starting area and that works as should. I will try the other starting areas and see if they are borked too. Sorry if I am just repeating posts from others that say this.

I want to say it once more, kudos to Rythal, the man should have a few pints bought for him, especially as he's only having a few hoyurs sleep at night just to let us WoW'ers keep playing with our favourite AddOn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite-Borked.png
Views:	454
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	7132  
 
09-01-12, 04:37 PM   #320
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
Happy to say, I finally cracked the scaling issue, in my test build northshire is northshire is northshire... no instance map, no 65000 yds away.. as far as carbonite is concerned everything is as it was before 5.0.4 in regards to that start zone.

Now just to do the other 9 ><

The only issue with it, is because there is no zone overlay for the area since blizzard expects it to be showing the new map, you either have to zoom out just enough for the overlay of the parent area to show up, or rely just on the minimap... it's a pitfall decision to either litter the map with more town like maps, or just leave it as it is.... for now i'm leaving it as it is since functionality is 100% more important then how one area out of 100 or so, looks during a very slim zoom level between close up detail and zone overview :P

Last edited by Rythal : 09-01-12 at 04:54 PM.
 
 

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off