05-18-18, 02:46 AM   #1
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Spinning Crane Kick "charges"

How can I find out the number of charges available on Spinning Crane Kick ? The game counts internally but there is no buff to enquire, and GetSpellCharges("Spinning Crane Kick") always returns nil.
05-18-18, 04:02 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Could it be because of this ?

If the queried spell does not accumulate charges over time (e.g. [Arcane Missiles] or [Jab]), this function does not return any values.

However, looking up Spinning Crane Kick on wowhead I can't see anything resembling a number of charges.

Spinning Crane Kick
3 Chi / 1% of base mana
Channeled (1.5 sec cast)
Requires Monk (Windwalker, Mistweaver)
Requires level 40
Spin while kicking in the air, dealing [4 * (122% of Attack power)] damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yds.

Windwalker
Spinning Crane Kick's damage is increased by 40% for each unique target you've struck in the last 15 sec with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick, or Rushing Jade Wind

Spinning Crane Kick's damage is increased by 40% for each unique target you've struck in the last 15 sec with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or Rising Sun Kick

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-18-18, 04:34 AM   #3
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ypu apply a debuff on a target (or multiple targets), the game counts those debuffs and prints it on the spell icon, like the Affliction Warlock's artifact charges and I also think the Demon Hunters soulorbs (whatever the name is). The difference is that both on the Warlock and Demon Hunter, there is a buff which has a count of those charges, you can inquire the buff and that's it. But on the Monk there is no such buff to inquire. However there must be a way I am guessing other than (1) getting the spell's icon maybe (2) counting the debuff on individual targets (may be impossible if they have the same name and it's completely awkward)
05-18-18, 04:36 AM   #4
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by doofus View Post
How can I find out the number of charges available on Spinning Crane Kick ? The game counts internally but there is no buff to enquire, and GetSpellCharges("Spinning Crane Kick") always returns nil.
Use GetSpellCount
not sure if querying by spell name works, better to use spell id anyway

Last edited by d87 : 05-18-18 at 04:41 AM.
05-18-18, 06:01 AM   #5
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
Use GetSpellCount
not sure if querying by spell name works, better to use spell id anyway

It works ! And the right spell ID is 101546.

Thanks.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Spinning Crane Kick "charges"