08-21-10, 08:25 PM   #1
cryzen
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Message popping up where ever I move

Its a message that says "Enter password for Crb (Enter numbers and letters here)" Was wondering what I can do to solve this?

08-21-10, 11:28 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately not much. It means some jerk who also happened to become the Lead of one of Carb's custom chat channels has placed a password on it. This is not done by Carb, but by a user being malicious/childish etc.

You can go into Carb's Options and go under the "Privacy and Comm" section and disable all the communication options. That will remove you from those chat channels and you will stop seeing the message. Reason being, Carb will no longer be attempting to join those channels. The drawback is you lose some functionality of the addon.

The other thing you can do is wait. It's very likely that a day later will make all the diff and the user who put the password on in the first place will have removed it or themselves. It usually doesn't last along time like that.

08-22-10, 02:00 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

A bit of info for further insight: a password for a custom channel only lasts for as long as the moderator for the channel is logged in. If that user logs out, Blizzard tries to assign another player who is in the custom chat room as a moderator, and if such a one exists, the password lives on. If a new moderator cannot be appointed, the chat room is disbanded, and can safely be reconnected to by someone else without any pasword.

So, as Vis posted above, if you just wait for a day or maybe just a few hours, things will most likely have gone back to normal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Message popping up where ever I move