02-20-09, 01:07 PM   #1
Fiercy
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Warlock DPS As Destro.

Hello, this a question for all you locks out there that are experienced in heroic raids as destro. I'm currently using 2/13/56 spec here and my dps isnt so good... My rotation is CoA>Immo>Corrupt> Conflag>Incin and then renew as needed. My dps barely breaks 2k during heroic runs. Everyone in my guild uses it so I decided to switch to it, but it's prove terrible. I have 2.2k sp with armor, 324 hit, 309 haste, and 17.73% crit. Any ideas on what I should change, thanks in advance?

Ps.
My Glyphs are immo, CoA, and Imp. Oh and does anyone recommend any addons other then Forte for raiding?
There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure, I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience.

Last edited by Fiercy : 02-21-09 at 11:00 AM.
02-22-09, 05:37 PM   #2
Kento
A Defias Bandit
hi there, your spec is all good.

first of all, switch the imp glyph with Conflag one.

change your rotation to CoA-corr-immo as starter. the reason is to proc Molten Core as soon as possible.
then conflag and Chaos bolt whenever they are off cd(timing CB to backdraft is good). fill in with Incins. refresh dots as they fall off, priority to CoA and Immolate. Corr when it fit into your rotation (just after conflag is a good spot)

u didnt link a armory so cant check your gearlvl and gemming, but u are abit high on hit, change gems/enchants so your hit is 290-300 and and start stacking spellpower and haste.

Good luck and go pewpew
02-23-09, 05:08 AM   #3
Fiercy
A Cyclonian

Thanks, yea, after posting this I experimented around/read on elitist jerks and came up with that rotation just without cb. And about hit raiting I thought 344 was hit cap? at 300 I found myself missing too much, more precisely I found my self always missing immo on bosses lol. As for the imp, i'll change it to conflag this week, ty for your advice!
There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure, I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience.
02-23-09, 08:02 AM   #4
Kento
A Defias Bandit
hit cap is 446 if i remember correctly, but u get hit from group and buffs/debuffs. 1% if a draenei is in your group, 3 % from talents and 3% from moonkins/shadowpriests.

u dont really need hitcap in heroics usually 290-300 is enough (i have 302 on my warlock and rarely miss anything)

what other specs have u tried ? i usually use 0/28/43 and that works very good. atm i am felguard/ember (0/41/30) spec to try it out.

i tried your spec awhile back aswell but found the rotation abit messy. that mainly was becoz of server lag, thats history now so i'll try deep destru again soon aswell
02-27-09, 01:15 AM   #5
pererikk
A Defias Bandit
Some info regarding spell hit

To summarize:
To hit a level 83 raid boss at 80 you'll need +446 spell hit without talents, or +368 spell hit with full specced suppression or cataclysm. At level 80, 1% hit chance is gained from 26.23199272 points of hit rating. You still need 17% (untalented) to be capped, giving a cap value of: 26.23 x 17 = 445.91 = 446.

Assuming 3 points spent in either suppression or cataclysm:

* In PvP, the cap would be 1% - 27 hit
* In Herioc 5 mans, the cap would be 3% - 79 hit
* In Raid instances, the cap would be 14% - 368 hit

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Warlock DPS As Destro.