08-05-16, 07:46 AM   #1
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
minion not recognizing that i have an addon installed

i can serach for project Deranjata in minion and find it, however when i start minion it does not recognise that it is installed within my addons...

any idea as to why?
08-05-16, 09:07 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Since that suite includes a bunch of 3rd party AddOns it won't detect Deranjata in the wild. It detects the seperate AddOns its made up of.

If you install it using Minion though it should remember that it's Deranjata unless the minion.xml is deleted or you reset AddOn detection under settings.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-05-16 at 09:11 AM.
08-05-16, 09:10 AM   #3
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Since that suite is made up of a bunch of AddOns it won't detect Deranjata in the wild. It detects the seperate AddOns its made up of.

If you install it using Minion though it should remember that it's Deranjata until the minion.xml is deleted or you reset AddOn detection under settings. When you do that it will detect each AddOn Deranjata includes separately.
So what do you suggest should I create another file and optional as to make visible and then just tell people to download the additional add-ons for the suite?
08-05-16, 09:17 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Uitat View Post
So what do you suggest should I create another file and optional as to make visible and then just tell people to download the additional add-ons for the suite?
You could do that however if the user installs Deranjata using Minion it should continue to remember it and update it as you release updates. Is that not happening?
08-05-16, 09:25 AM   #5
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You could do that however if the user installs Deranjata using Minion it should continue to remember it and update it as you release updates. Is that not happening?
yes its happening, but because i have an interface and WTF file within the zip, it places the file inside of the addons folder and not where it needs to be, i know i already have to separate the layout file and the addon. so people dont have to worry about that, as the WTF file never changes, however the addons within the interface\AddOns folder frequently change as i integrate more features into the actual UI and remove subsidiary addons from the suite
08-05-16, 09:27 AM   #6
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

is there a way i can tell minion to place the files into the game directory instead of the AddOns Directory?
08-05-16, 09:32 AM   #7
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

if not i suppose i must get on the replacement of Castbars, Recount, Raven, Dominos and omen
08-05-16, 09:33 AM   #8
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Uitat View Post
is there a way i can tell minion to place the files into the game directory instead of the AddOns Directory?
Not at the moment, sorry. That is why Minion doesn't list compilations. We list suites because those are usually 100% (or close to) original code and do not have any WTF files.

I'll make sure we have some tickets in the backlog to try and get compilation support in Minion.
08-05-16, 09:37 AM   #9
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Not at the moment, sorry. That is why Minion doesn't list compilations. We list suites because those are usually 100% (or close to) original code and do not have any WTF files.

I'll make sure we have some tickets in the backlog to try and get compilation support in Minion.
thats cool but like i said eventually this will be all inclusive and not a comp. i do appreciate that it can actually be searched up now, as it wasn't able to be while it was in alpha and beta forms. you guys that are working on the minion project are doing an awesome job, keep it up!!!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » minion not recognizing that i have an addon installed