08-11-14, 05:19 AM   #1
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
False positives

Would be nice to see some way to block some updates. AuctionMaster is not hosted on WoWI but Minion finds http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ionMaster.html and offers this update.
Some others are not up-to-date like Postal so an update might be a downgrade.

For AddOns like Postal I'd like a feature to lets say use svn as update mechanism. When marked as svn-repo and a tool like Tortoise is installed perhaps there could be a button to update from repo

Edit: To identlfy false positives it would be nice to see the AddOn-Path for the offered updates.

Last edited by Rilgamon : 08-11-14 at 05:24 AM.
08-11-14, 09:03 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
Would be nice to see some way to block some updates. AuctionMaster is not hosted on WoWI but Minion finds http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ionMaster.html and offers this update.
Some others are not up-to-date like Postal so an update might be a downgrade.

For AddOns like Postal I'd like a feature to lets say use svn as update mechanism. When marked as svn-repo and a tool like Tortoise is installed perhaps there could be a button to update from repo

Edit: To identlfy false positives it would be nice to see the AddOn-Path for the offered updates.
If you want to ignore updates for a particular AddOn you can right click on the AddOn and choose ignore.

I agree that a way to show the detected path for the addon would be helpful and we do have a ticket for this.

Updating from svn/git is an interesting idea. I'll have to research this. Thanks.
08-12-14, 01:31 AM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
Updating from svn/git is an interesting idea. I'll have to research this.
While I love the idea I know that there is no clean way to do it
Sadly this would require a whitelist for "clean" svn-addons because localisations and git imports over at wowace/curseforge would be ignored.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » False positives