10-31-16, 03:51 AM   #1
SlxTeN
A Murloc Raider
What happened to SyncUI?

Hi everyone!

I really loved that UI and was wondering if anyone knows what has happened to it
10-31-16, 03:31 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Syncrow seems to have removed it from his/her portal so your guess is as good as mine.
10-31-16, 03:40 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Aye, Syncrow asked for it to be removed.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-31-16, 06:33 PM   #4
SlxTeN
A Murloc Raider
Why did he remove it, it was such an awesome UI ?
10-31-16, 06:48 PM   #5
lightspark

We'll never know until he himself tells us T_T

Don't think that anyone should say anything on his behalf...

Last edited by lightspark : 10-31-16 at 06:59 PM.
10-31-16, 07:10 PM   #6
SlxTeN
A Murloc Raider
Damn......I loved this UI so much. Am very sad now....
10-31-16, 09:51 PM   #7
4everangell
A Defias Bandit
any way to ask him??

Is there any way to ask if he is continuing? I really dont' want to go back to lui I am not udnerstanding why he is leaving us hanging. I know the guy is busy but the least he could do is say I am hanging up the ui for now or something.
10-31-16, 10:13 PM   #8
SlxTeN
A Murloc Raider
I feel the same way, don't want any other UI, have tried countless UI's and this one is the best.
10-31-16, 10:43 PM   #9
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
He doesn't owe anyone an explanation. It could be a number of things that caused him to pull it.

1. He got tired of supporting it for other people.
2. He doesn't have time to keep it updated.
3. He lost motivation to continue building it.
4. He quit playing the game.

It could be any of these and a number of other things. Remember, people do these mostly for themselves and are generous enough to share them with others. They don't owe anyone anything. Does it suck sometimes? Sure. But you just forget about it and move on. If he wants to share why he decided to call it quits, he will.
10-31-16, 11:30 PM   #10
lightspark

Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
Remember, people do these mostly for themselves and are generous enough to share them with others. They don't owe anyone anything. Does it suck sometimes? Sure. But you just forget about it and move on. If he wants to share why he decided to call it quits, he will.
Wish more people understood it T_T
10-31-16, 11:34 PM   #11
4everangell
A Defias Bandit
Hey...noone is knockin' the guy and I am very grateful for what he has shared with us. Most people when they become popular as he is with this ui will give his followers some "closure". If he is not going to support it anymore then all he has to do is say so so the rest of us can move on. I would love to stay with his work but if he is unable to continue then that is his prerogative. We do not need an explanation but we do need to know if we are going to move on. Stop automatically assuming we are "knocking" him and feel the need to "defend" him. We are not putting him down ...we love his work. What I don't need to do but am doing is giving you an explanation of what i meant. In no way was our posts rude or uncalled for. We have been users and supporters of his since he began this project and he does have every right to just quit but I would like to know if i have to find a new ui or if i have to reinvent another one. Yeesh.
10-31-16, 11:55 PM   #12
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
but I would like to know if i have to find a new ui or if i have to reinvent another one
Simple answer is Yes.

Having gone through losing a UI I felt "I couldn't live without" to re-creating it to within being what I felt playable, I fully understand your loss.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 11-01-16 at 12:09 AM.
11-01-16, 12:32 AM   #13
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@lightspark
True for developers too.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
11-01-16, 12:56 AM   #14
lightspark

Originally Posted by zork View Post
@lightspark
True for developers too.
Eh? o_O /10har
11-01-16, 02:11 AM   #15
jaychez
A Defias Bandit
He did let everyone know on his Discord channel , He is discontinuing SyncUi, and he doesn't want anyone else to continue developing it.

I think he quit wow or got busy with real life, no idea.

Just last week he said he is developing a new Win 10 inspired UI for wow, no idea what made him to quit suddenely, but hey real life comes first, very thankful for his work

Last edited by jaychez : 11-01-16 at 02:21 AM.
11-01-16, 04:03 AM   #16
SlxTeN
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the information. This is really sad news I loved this UI so much.
11-01-16, 05:56 AM   #17
Klaygor
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

This is a shame. It was a nice UI.

Sure the guy doesn't owe us anything but it's courteous to at least leave the page up with an explanation that the AddOn will no longer be developed or maintained. Is there not some kind of holding page that is non-interactive so the download and comments can be disabled?
11-01-16, 11:41 AM   #18
4everangell
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Klaygor View Post
This is a shame. It was a nice UI.

Sure the guy doesn't owe us anything but it's courteous to at least leave the page up with an explanation that the AddOn will no longer be developed or maintained. Is there not some kind of holding page that is non-interactive so the download and comments can be disabled?
My thoughts exactly. Anyways, thanks for great UI ....I hate that i have to go back to Elvui being its such a time pig with setup. Started last night but still have a ways to go to get the "simple" look. Good luck to the developer with future endeavors.

Hey....if anyone finds a UI that is clean and simple without all the darn hassle would you mind sharing? Thanks in advance.
11-01-16, 04:32 PM   #19
Nbu
A Kobold Labourer
MayronUI Gen5 is a good one and SuperVillain UI is also good imo.
11-02-16, 01:08 AM   #20
Lathron
A Defias Bandit
Hey all - I share your disappointment. I have been using SyncUI for a good while now, and it has been the heart and soul of my in game appearance.
Certainly one of the best (if not the best) looking UI's - and trying to find something to replace it is already tough going.
Have used other complete replacement UI's in the past - ElvUI, LUI, Supervillain UI to name but a few - but none look or feel as good as the one we're losing.
Would appreciate any suggestions from other UI experts out there, but for the moment I might just have to carry on with SyncUi till Blizzard break it!

Shame that Syncrow doesnt want anyone to continue maintaining/developing it really.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » What happened to SyncUI?