09-28-06, 06:11 PM   #1
Meebsy
A Murloc Raider

FloatingChatFrame Error

Whenever I go to the options of a chat window and select the "Channels' submenu i get the following error:

Error: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value)
File: Interface\FrameXML\FloatingChatFrame.Lua
Line: 476
Count: 9

Also included a link to image with the error if it helps.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7996/xmlerroryu9.jpg

The only chat related mod i run is ChatMod and it isnt the problem as I disabled the mod and I still got the error.
I did some searching on the WoW Forums and someone said it may be an AceComm-2.0 issue.

Would really like to get past this error as its frustrating not being able to decide which channels show on which window.
09-28-06, 06:28 PM   #2
Thorndepth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have the same problem on the 5th channel I made
09-28-06, 06:57 PM   #3
Meebsy
A Murloc Raider

Another person I spoke too said it has to do with the number of custom channels you have, so I removed a couple of them and still got the error.
The custom channels I run are 2 for raids and 1 for SwsStats.
09-28-06, 11:08 PM   #4
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have the same error. So far, I think it has to do with some specific library. I have a modified version of !!!Libraries that loads not only Ace2 libs but also a bunch of Ace1 libs. I was using that to have a single place to update them all instead of updating all the Ace package I have.

When I do not load !!!Libraries, the problem goes away (and so does most of my addons). I didn't have time to diagnose further but at this point I believe that the problem is with one of the addons that doesn't load without !!!Libraries or an embedded lib with a new version that doesn't play well with an existing addon. I wanted to revert to an earlier version of the libs but then the Ace team started migrating their server and I lost access to SVN (hang in there guys, you have been doing a wonderful job for the community and I'm sure you will solve your problems).

I just post this to let you guys know what I did and hope that it will help others that are investigating this. I'll post again if I find anything new.
09-30-06, 04:42 PM   #5
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Same error

I too receive exactly the same error. I've not been able to narrow it down yet to the culprit but will share here if I find the solution.
09-30-06, 07:05 PM   #6
kthreev
A Defias Bandit
I'm getting this problem too, I just recently installed Nurfed UI, maybe that is the cause of it?
09-30-06, 07:10 PM   #7
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by kthreev
I'm getting this problem too, I just recently installed Nurfed UI, maybe that is the cause of it?
I have the same problem and I'm not running Nerfed UI so I guess it is not responsible. I've read on the Ace forums that the new version of the AceComm-2.0 library might be the problem. I'll let you know if I find more.
09-30-06, 07:19 PM   #8
kthreev
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by LaoTseu
I have the same problem and I'm not running Nerfed UI so I guess it is not responsible. I've read on the Ace forums that the new version of the AceComm-2.0 library might be the problem. I'll let you know if I find more.
Hmm.. I did just download a new ace2 mod... that's probably where it's from.

Edit: Yep, I had just downloaded Squishy emergency monitor from wowace... I disabled it and the error is gone.

Last edited by kthreev : 09-30-06 at 07:51 PM.
09-30-06, 08:29 PM   #9
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Not a Squishy prroblem

I removed Squishy and the problem persists
09-30-06, 09:01 PM   #10
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by kthreev
Hmm.. I did just download a new ace2 mod... that's probably where it's from.

Edit: Yep, I had just downloaded Squishy emergency monitor from wowace... I disabled it and the error is gone.
Aha... I went back a month to a previous version of Ace2 and the problem is now gone. Looks like it is indeed inside the Ace2 set.

Quite possibly the AceComm-2.0 library that you mention above.

Edit: Ironically this resolved my problem but introduced another. I could not chat in BG !!!! I was getting the "You cannot be in more than 10 channels" message. It ended up that the solution to that to get me back to a fully working UI and mod set was to delete the chat-cache.txt file[s] in my C:\Program Files\World Of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<myaccount>\<server>\<toon> folder. I did that with WoW closed (as you should when doing things like this) and my problems are now fixed. Good luck to all and I hope you too arrive at a working conclusion.

Edit: So, I re-added squishy and my problem came back of not being able to manage channels. I grabbed a mod I've used before called ChatBar (http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...1-chatbar.html) that shows indicators for the channels you are in. In using that I found I was in two channels with quite random names, i.e. uuiweriuwer and owiriuqweiuy. In trying to find out what was adding me to these two channels and thus taking me close to or to the 10 channel limit it ends up being Squishy. I determined this by removing Squishy and the channels did not come back. Leaving the channels with Squishy running just rejoined me to them. While I love Squishy I'll be avoiding it for a while until it has grown a bit.

Edit: Confused Without Squishy loaded the two randomly named channels came back. Ah well. The underlying problem is still there with chat channels but I was incorrect about the two channels being used by Squishy.

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 10-01-06 at 10:51 AM.
10-02-06, 06:16 AM   #11
Maia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The error you're experiencing is related to AceComm, which is an embedded library you'll see in quite a few Ace addons. The author is aware of it, so it should be fixed soon.
10-02-06, 06:46 AM   #12
Schintus
A Murloc Raider
Do you have FixMe installed? Because I've also had that problem, and tried to disable it since BugBag said it was related to FixMe
10-02-06, 09:10 AM   #13
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Schintus
Do you have FixMe installed? Because I've also had that problem, and tried to disable it since BugBag said it was related to FixMe
I do indeed. I installed that recently. I'll rip that out when I get home tonight to see if that helps Squishy.
10-02-06, 09:13 AM   #14
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Maia
The error you're experiencing is related to AceComm, which is an embedded library you'll see in quite a few Ace addons. The author is aware of it, so it should be fixed soon.
Aha. Many thanks. I tried both the latest SVN (yeah, beta only ) and the formal release. I am currently running an older version from about a month back and have no channel problems, although I do have two random channels that keep coming back, i.e. iyseoiryhius and ooqiwueyiu, etc. I'm trying to find out what is creating those. Maybe Ace / Ace 2 ?

I have a stable UI / mod set atm but miss Squishy so hopefully an Ace2 update will be with us soon, as you eluded to with your comment that the author is aware.
10-02-06, 10:02 AM   #15
Schintus
A Murloc Raider
Hmm okay... Now Im not sure it was Fixme which's causing this problem... Let's wait for an update
10-03-06, 12:06 PM   #16
ILT
A Fallenroot Satyr
The end of error message

FuBar-Compat-1.2\FuBarUtils.lua:192: in function 'ToggleDropDownMenu' <string>:"DropDownList1Button8:OnEnter":3: in main chunk

This is what is on the end of error message (catched with BugSack) - maybe it can help to point where the problem is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FloatingChatFrame Error