08-09-09, 08:24 PM   #1
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite installed but not showing in my in game addon list...!?

Yeah I kind of have a screwy issue and was hoping I could get some help. I installed the new version of Carbonite after the patch like I have installed every other addon in the 5 years I have been playing WoW. Everything appeared to go as normal. However, when I log into the game Carbonite does not show up at all.

So I backed out of the game to the character screen and click the addons button and look in my addons list. Carbonite is not even listed as being installed, yet all my other addons are there and working as usual after being updated. So I back out of the game and go to my WoW addons folder and lo' and behold there is Carbonite.

Never had an issue with Carbonite since I first installed it like almost a year ago until this new patch. Any idea why this would be happening? Or better yet how can I fix this?

By the way I have installed and uninstalled it like 6 times and get the same behavior every time.

08-09-09, 08:35 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like folder in folder syndrome. When you go in to your addon folder do you see 3 folders pertaining to carbonite or just one and perhaps with a number after it? If you open the carbonite folder itself do you immediately see the carbonite.toc file? If you dont see the .toc file immediately upon opening the carbonite folder and just more folders then you indeed have folder in folder syndrome.

If that's the case the fix is easy. Take what should be 3 folders there and cut and paste them in to the addons directory directly.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-10-09, 04:01 PM   #3
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for your response. There are three folders in my addon file that all have Carbonite labels. (Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, and CarboniteTransfer) Each of those folders has the .toc file located in each one and is visible upon immediately opening those folders.

Where do I go from here? Because I want my Carbonite back lol! Any help is much appreciated.

08-10-09, 04:55 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did it look like this (correct):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\CarboniteTransfer

Or this (incorrect):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteTransfer

08-10-09, 05:19 PM   #5
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
It does look like this:

Interface\Addons\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\CarboniteTransfer

Thanks for your replies btw I hope we can get to the bottom of this. So I guess I need the next suggestion or question.

08-10-09, 05:48 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What OS are you running? I forgot to ask before, lol.

***edit*** As a cheat under Windows, right click the icon you use to open WoW, choose properties and post the path here.

08-11-09, 05:32 PM   #7
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
Vista Home Premium

08-11-09, 05:41 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Are you installing the addon into:

Your_HDD_Letter:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

08-11-09, 05:51 PM   #9
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
Here is the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

08-11-09, 05:56 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's why. On Vista, WoW wants the addons to be installed to this path:

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

Install Carbonite there and then see if it is in game for you.

08-11-09, 06:08 PM   #11
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
Thanks alot Vis that worked! I appreciate all of your help!

08-11-09, 06:11 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very welcome. Glad you are back up and running with Carb

08-12-09, 11:56 PM   #13
gozirra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Lightbulb

Actually, its not Vista that expects things to be installed there, its where the default install goes if you're on Vista and you download and install that way - the OP's default install path is from the DVD (and the (x86) means he's using a 64-bit Vista). Nit-picky? Not really, because I chose to override the default recommended path and instead installed wow in:

C:\wow

instead of the default install path - and of course now my addons are in a simple to find place:

c:\wow\interface\addons\

Everytime a client calls and asks me why their addons don't work, I have them move wow to c:\wow and they no longer have permissions issues, lost addons issues, etc. Its just one of those things that is so simple to change and yet solves hours of headaches down the road.

08-13-09, 04:13 PM   #14
Chronolich
A Kobold Labourer

Same problem as 47r0n1n

guys i have the same problem as 47r0n1n
but I'm using XP 64bit and XP 32bit
I have WoW installed on neither of the 2 OSs
instead I installed it on an extra HDD.
meaning i can play it whether i log in with 32 or 64 bit.
my previous carbonite worked fine.. but with patch 3.2. and the new carbonite 3.21. something seems to go wrong.

i need serious help. ty

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite installed but not showing in my in game addon list...!?