07-23-10, 07:58 AM   #1
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
.visibleAuras

From what I can gather from ouF aura.lua, .visibleAuras gives me the current number of Auras (Buffs + Debuffs) visible, is that right?

I'm trying to get its value on my custom PostUpdateIcon function, but everytime I call it, it returns an error.

For example this in my PostUpdateIcon

Code:
i = Auras.visibleAuras
local i=i+i
Returns this error:

Interface\AddOns\oUF_lumen\oUF_lumen.lua:630: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'i' (a nil value)

Am I getting it wrong? Shouldn't it return an arithmetic value? I think .visibleAuras is a global on oUF right? So I don't need to declare it. I've search for other ouF authors layouts but rarely anyone makes use of this.

Thanks!
07-23-10, 09:30 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

.visibleAuras is the value you set as a max number of auras shown.
It doesnt return you anything than the value you've set yourself.
07-23-10, 10:20 AM   #3
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
From what I can gather from ouF aura.lua, .visibleAuras gives me the current number of Auras (Buffs + Debuffs) visible, is that right?

I'm trying to get its value on my custom PostUpdateIcon function, but everytime I call it, it returns an error.

For example this in my PostUpdateIcon

Code:
i = Auras.visibleAuras
local i=i+i
Returns this error:

Interface\AddOns\oUF_lumen\oUF_lumen.lua:630: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'i' (a nil value)

Am I getting it wrong? Shouldn't it return an arithmetic value? I think .visibleAuras is a global on oUF right? So I don't need to declare it. I've search for other ouF authors layouts but rarely anyone makes use of this.

Thanks!
Is that element really your .Auras element, or is it stored as .Buffs or .Debuffs? The speciallized buff/debuff element versions don't actually set .visibleAuras; They use .visibleBuffs and .visibleDebuffs.

Update code for .Auras element (oUF/elements/aura.lua):
Code:
auras.visibleBuffs = filterIcons(unit, auras, auras.buffFilter or auras.filter or 'HELPFUL', numBuffs, nil,  0, true)
auras.visibleDebuffs = filterIcons(unit, auras, auras.debuffFilter or auras.filter or 'HARMFUL', numDebuffs,true,  auras.visibleBuffs)
auras.visibleAuras = auras.visibleBuffs + auras.visibleDebuffs -- Would throw an error before PostUpdate if either were nil
Update code for .Buffs:
Code:
buffs.visibleBuffs = filterIcons(unit, buffs, buffs.filter or 'HELPFUL', numBuffs)
07-23-10, 10:28 AM   #4
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Code:
i = Auras.visibleAuras
local i=i+i
Returns this error:

Without wanting to say anything against p3lim or Saiket, 'cause they made valid points, let me just point out, that your code makes no sense...

You set i to some value (and yes, it should be set and an arithmetic) and then you declare i as local.
I'm not quite sure, what Lua and WoW will make out of this, but you should try something like this:
Code:
local i = Auras.visibleAuras
i=i+i
I'm can't imagine what this is about, but from the pure source-code-view it should work. Of course, local i = Auras.visibleAuras * 2 will provide the exact same result.
07-23-10, 02:28 PM   #5
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Like p3lim said visibleAuras is just the maximum visible - something you set - not the amount visible. What are you looking to do, needing to know how many visible auras you have?
07-23-10, 03:53 PM   #6
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Sojik View Post
Like p3lim said visibleAuras is just the maximum visible - something you set - not the amount visible. What are you looking to do, needing to know how many visible auras you have?
You and p3lim were thinking of .numBuffs and .numDebuffs. .visibleAuras/Buffs/Debuffs changes to reflect the actual number of aura buttons shown.
07-23-10, 04:42 PM   #7
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Saiket View Post
You and p3lim were thinking of .numBuffs and .numDebuffs. .visibleAuras/Buffs/Debuffs changes to reflect the actual number of aura buttons shown.
That's what I got from the oUF code too, since .visibleAuras (...) it's a sum of .visibleBuffs and .visibleDebuffs.

This is what I have to create my Auras (and it's working):

Code:
-- Auras
        local createAuras = function(self)

local Auras = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, self)
                self.Auras = Auras
                Auras:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self, "BOTTOMLEFT", -2, 100)
                Auras.initialAnchor = "TOPLEFT"
                Auras["growth-y"] = "TOP"
                Auras.size = 24
                Auras:SetHeight(24)
                Auras:SetWidth(24)
                Auras.num = 7
                Auras.spacing = 2

Auras.PostCreateIcon = myPostCreateAura
                Auras.PostUpdateIcon = myPostUpdateAura
        end
And then I have a Custom PostUpdateIcon function (I have another one only for the normal Buffs/Debuffs and this one for the .Auras).

When I return Auras.visibleDebuffs to a local variable and try to access it it says gives the error I've displayed above.

When I get back home, I'll put my latest revision code in googlecode so I can show it here.

It should be simple, I just don't get it why It doesn't work.

I want to know how many auras I've up so I can do a cycle to go through all the auras that are active.
07-23-10, 04:48 PM   #8
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

If you're using a PostUpdateIcon(), Auras is simply not visible inside of the function. Auras is not global, as far as I can tell.

Protoype is icons:PostUpdateIcon(unit, icon, index, offset), so perhaps you can go with self.Auras.visibleAuras ?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » .visibleAuras