07-14-16, 05:46 PM   #1
Nevcairiel
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Key Binding API Corruption

Hi,

A user has reported an issue where the Key Binding UI can get corrupted when one of my addons is installed, so I did some digging, and some condition of key bindings can cause the GetBinding() API function to start returning garbage for the "category" return value.

I've prepared a small package of empty addons (just .toc file and Bindings.xml) which reproduce the issue.
https://files.1f0.de/wow/KeyBindingsIssueLegion.zip

On the Beta client right now, this will create a Bindings Category with no name which should not exist (infact the only that should exist are "AddOns", "Bartender4" and "Other")

With my full addon set, I've seen far more obscure results, sometimes the bogus categories containing random strings, like filenames from other addons, and things like that, which makes it seem like a memory corruption somewhere.

One reason may be the Bartender4 Bindings.xml, which contains over 100 bindings, one for every possible action slot as well as for stance and pet bar - but this issue does not exist on Live.

Last edited by Nevcairiel : 07-14-16 at 05:48 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » Key Binding API Corruption