10-11-07, 11:59 AM   #1
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question 2.3 & Mazzle

Word has it that 2.3 will be showing up in the PTR fairly soon. I don't think much was mentioned of Mazzle's compatibility with 2.2 before it went public, and the PTRs are the perfect chance to see how things are going to work.

I myself am guilty of this as I had logged onto PTRs for the first time ever, Mazzle didn't load fully and out of sheer joy of playing a fully decked-out char for the first time I logged off and disabled all addons. That didn't last long as it simply wasn't as fun without Mazzle.

Story aside, I will be testing and providing feedback about MazzleUI with 2.3 when it hits the PTRs. Can we get some sort of commitment from a few developers as well as the Mazzle community to prevent a total melt-down like what we just experienced with 2.2?

Thoughts everyone?
10-11-07, 02:09 PM   #2
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I'll move a char over to test MazzleUI on MacOS

Title says it all.

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
10-12-07, 08:05 PM   #3
Gastronome
A Murloc Raider
2.3 and Mazzle

Ok as it sits right now i was unable to Mazzifie in the PTR, also player and target frames are not working correctly i will look into it more to see if its just an out of date mod, or a mod coded wrong and causing it to break.
10-12-07, 11:05 PM   #4
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up Awesome

Thanks for starting on this. I'm still waiting for my char transfer to happen, but as soon as it does I'll start posting my Bugsack list.
10-15-07, 07:40 AM   #5
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any other news on the use of Mazzle on the 2.3 PTR's?
10-15-07, 10:04 AM   #6
Gaeline
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just bare in mind that this patch is going to be a major major patch, a lot has been changed, but a lot more is planned. Everything seemed grand after testing Mazzle on 2.2 PTR's when you turned off sanity, but we all seen how much had to be fixed once it went live...

I wish I was better at understanding LUA myself and would help if I could, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the hopes of a perfect transition when the patch does finally land. (Seems that they are planning on a long stint on the PTR's also since there are a load more class changes planned at the least.)
10-15-07, 11:30 AM   #7
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Gaeline
Just bare in mind that this patch is going to be a major major patch, a lot has been changed, but a lot more is planned. Everything seemed grand after testing Mazzle on 2.2 PTR's when you turned off sanity, but we all seen how much had to be fixed once it went live...

I wish I was better at understanding LUA myself and would help if I could, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the hopes of a perfect transition when the patch does finally land. (Seems that they are planning on a long stint on the PTR's also since there are a load more class changes planned at the least.)
Yea, I'm pretty concered about DuF and Bongos given their sheer size and the compilations dependance on their functionality. I've gone so far as to make my own UI using Bongos2, Pitbull, and some other updated mods that mimic the aesthetics of Mazzle, but without the great automation and setup it offers I may go back to Mazzle after 2.3 if it doesn't cripple it too badly, or if Mazz decides to give the paid service a shot after all.

PS
For others consideriong the same, I can't say enough great things about Pitbull. It's level of customization is rediculous, however, the time investment and lack of documentation tends to scare some folks off.
10-16-07, 07:44 AM   #8
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
I got a couple of toons set up on PTR this morning.

I disabled DBM, Smartbuff and Cartographer.

I only recieved (1) error. I have no idea what to do with this but I figured I would try to help the people working so dilligently to ensure compatibility.

Also, I have been using WAU and merely copied my working addons folder to my Test folder to achieve this result. I have not attempted a clean install yet.

Last edited by MaybeHoP : 10-16-07 at 10:16 AM.
10-20-07, 08:28 AM   #9
socialblunders
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UnitIsCivilian error in DUF

Just to give a heads up, with the latest test realm patch update, DUF is broken. I think it relates to the UnitIsCivilian check that's still in the DUF_Set.lua, even though the check is obsolete since the removal of DK's.

If I knew enough about lua I'd try to fix it, as it is, they're now broken.
10-21-07, 09:15 AM   #10
socialblunders
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For the record, I commented out the lines 170-172 in the DUF_set.lua:

-- if (UnitIsCivilian(unit)) then
-- texture:SetTexCoord(0, 1, 0, 1);
-- texture:SetTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\DiscordUnitFrames\\Icons\\Civilian")

And changed line 173 to:

if (race and sex) then

And it fixed the error, so I'm suspecting they did make a change to UnitIsCivilian(unit) in the latest patch lua.
10-21-07, 12:49 PM   #11
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I commented out the lines - or so I think I did - using Notepad++ lua editor - not sure how to tell if they really commented out or not.

But that did not help the mazzify process - it's the same issue where it seems to have mazzified but then never gives you the final complete button to click (the one on Mazzle's...erm...you know).

Did disable cartographer, don't use DBM, and killed a bunch of other addons too.
10-21-07, 06:18 PM   #12
socialblunders
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Moonsong
I commented out the lines - or so I think I did - using Notepad++ lua editor - not sure how to tell if they really commented out or not.

But that did not help the mazzify process - it's the same issue where it seems to have mazzified but then never gives you the final complete button to click (the one on Mazzle's...erm...you know).

Did disable cartographer, don't use DBM, and killed a bunch of other addons too.
Yeah, I had that too. I just copied over my old WTF files to the test server and got around having to re-Mazzify.
11-14-07, 09:47 AM   #13
Poison_chica
A Murloc Raider
can't open

i read about to change the duf.set (don't know exact name) but i can't open the file.
do i need a special programm to open and change?

thank u for help
11-13-07, 06:10 PM   #14
northsider
An Aku'mai Servant
paryin for a mazz fix

just sayin a quick paryer that meio comes up with a patch for my noob ass again he saved me last patch hope he does it again... wow is no fun w/o mazzle! EOS
11-13-07, 06:13 PM   #15
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You shouldn't need a patch. All the very few changes that were made are very simple to do yourself.
11-13-07, 06:19 PM   #16
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
I made the changes, and still have a problem, so i hope he does come up with a complete fix/update.
11-13-07, 06:39 PM   #17
Broken
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Getting a problem when I go to mazzify again, I don't get the finish button. My autobar is the older version, not sure what to do

Last edited by Broken : 11-13-07 at 06:43 PM.
11-13-07, 11:38 PM   #18
northsider
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Limeyness
I made the changes, and still have a problem, so i hope he does come up with a complete fix/update.
thats my point
11-14-07, 12:25 AM   #19
Xorianknight
A Murloc Raider
OK, did everything mentioned, UI is running beautifully, the only 2 problems i have now is, the trinket addon that i click to use them has one and the wheel for it, then the other trinket slot is about 6 inches to the right and hidden partially by autobar. The lock custom feature which allows you to make the soulstones, healthstones and other lock stuff is not where it is supposed to be, instead it is in a loose semicircle to the right of the minimap. Also i am not getting any 3d models at all.
11-13-07, 06:25 PM   #20
DeadKnight
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ganders
You shouldn't need a patch. All the very few changes that were made are very simple to do yourself.

I agree it really wasn't to hard once I found everything (and that wasn't too difficult either)

Now I just have to find camera options and I would be good to go.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.3 & Mazzle