11-13-07, 04:22 PM   #61
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just tested - with the said fixes everything works great. Just remember Cartographer doesn't work and neither does smartbuff - so disable them (although i don't seem to get errors with cartographer enabled - just doesn't work)

And it would be MUCH appreciated if somebody released the fix for the camera shot not found error....that does get old really fast. Other than that, everything seems to be working great

OOPS.....forgot to mention: I also ran aceupdater - I don't think you need to however. And it messed up my autobar...so you might wanna skip that - trying to fix that now

Last edited by Talonclaw : 11-13-07 at 04:29 PM.
11-13-07, 04:28 PM   #62
NecrosissAK
A Kobold Labourer
Finish Button Missing

Everything seems to work fine, but for a while now, i got my main characters to mazzlefy just fine, but when i rolled a new alt, i can no longer complete the mazzification, the finish button isnt showing up. Other then that Mazzle is working fine, any ideas on what could be causing that? Thanks, Great Mod, I love this thing :P
11-13-07, 04:33 PM   #63
Zybraxis
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by NecrosissAK
Everything seems to work fine, but for a while now, i got my main characters to mazzlefy just fine, but when i rolled a new alt, i can no longer complete the mazzification, the finish button isnt showing up. Other then that Mazzle is working fine, any ideas on what could be causing that? Thanks, Great Mod, I love this thing :P
I hit this problem almost every patch day. There are a number of things you can do. The first, and I recommend this, is get the WowAceUpdater -- it will update any out of date mods you have installed (except, I think, Mazzle itself). Next, if you still have a problem mazzifying, take your cursor to the upper right corner and look in the bug sack. Make a note of any add-ons reporting errors and then re-Mazzify (/mazzify). When you get to the section that indicates what options to let Mazzle control -- deselect the options noted in the bug-sack.

For brand spanking NEW characters, you have to mazzify a few times...the first time the Mazzle wizard pops up, close it down and set your screen options, then /mazzify and let mazzle run -- it won't finish, so close it down and then /quit or /logout. Log back in on your character and run Mazzle again. This should complete (keeping track that you may have to run the 'work around' in the paragraph above).

Happy Mazzifying!
11-13-07, 04:35 PM   #64
Zybraxis
A Murloc Raider
No Mazzle-love in 2.3

Okay...so a while now I've been using the method in the post above -- but this time, I'd really rather not. Mazzify'ing is having trouble with the 3D characters -- and I really, really rely on them. As of now, patch 2.3 has them completely blank and bug sack is reporting errors on one of the CVars...I'll post the bugsack in a second (it's also complaining about Cartographer, but I can get around that by not letting it set up Cart)...
11-13-07, 04:36 PM   #65
Haviq
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Talonclaw
OOPS.....forgot to mention: I also ran aceupdater - I don't think you need to however. And it messed up my autobar...so you might wanna skip that - trying to fix that now
Did the same for me. It also broke cycircled.
11-13-07, 04:38 PM   #66
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
Yeah the only problem i seem to have is all my 3d models are missing, mine, my targets, and pets.

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Set.lua:168: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 137) near 'else'

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:762: attempt to call global 'DUF_Set_ElementPosition' (a nil value)
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:871: in function `DUF_Initialize_Portrait'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:352: in function `DUF_Initialize_AllFrames'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:52: in function `initFunction'
DiscordLibrary\DiscordLib_Main.lua:249: in function `DiscordLib_Initialize'
DiscordLibrary\DiscordLib_Main.lua:163: in function `DiscordLib_Main_OnUpdate'
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_StatusBars.lua:267: attempt to compare nil with number
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_StatusBars.lua:122: in function `DUF_PetXPBar_Update'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Main.lua:275: in function `DUF_Main_OnUpdate'

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:762: attempt to call global 'DUF_Set_ElementPosition' (a nil value)
MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_HUD.lua:85: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI_HUD.lua:82>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-49307 (Ace2):367: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:345>

these are the bugsack errors. 4 total.

Last edited by Limeyness : 11-13-07 at 04:43 PM.
11-13-07, 04:43 PM   #67
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If something broke from running AceUpdater it can be easily fixed by re-downloading mazzleui and the 1.1 patch, then replacing the broken addon with the re-downloaded versions. Autobar is working again and I have no problems with any mods atm Still wishing the no camera found fix was posted though Oh well...life goes on
11-13-07, 04:53 PM   #68
blugh
A Fallenroot Satyr
They have a fix for the no camera? WHERE?!! lol.. omg its getting annoying
11-13-07, 04:55 PM   #69
wking3
A Murloc Raider
Hope this is not a stupid question. If have a pre-2.3 working version of Mazzle, would it be a simple as deleting cartographer, Smartbuff, DBM, and changing the DUF files to get Mazzle working again? Or is a fresh installation and mazzilification required?
11-13-07, 05:01 PM   #70
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by NecrosissAK
Disable AutoBar.
11-13-07, 05:01 PM   #71
Amorette
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Limeyness
Yeah the only problem i seem to have is all my 3d models are missing, mine, my targets, and pets.

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Set.lua:168: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 137) near 'else'

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:871: in function `DUF_Initialize_Portrait'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:352: in function `DUF_Initialize_AllFrames'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Initialization.lua:52: in function `initFunction'
DiscordLibrary\DiscordLib_Main.lua:249: in function `DiscordLib_Initialize'
DiscordLibrary\DiscordLib_Main.lua:163: in function `DiscordLib_Main_OnUpdate'

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_StatusBars.lua:267: attempt to compare nil with number
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_StatusBars.lua:122: in function `DUF_PetXPBar_Update'
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Main.lua:275: in function `DUF_Main_OnUpdate'

MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_HUD.lua:85: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI_HUD.lua:82>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-49307 (Ace2):367: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:345>

these are the bugsack errors. 4 total.
I think some of the pre-mentioned fixes have done these good.. still to check, but most of them look to be fine at the moment. Still trying to work out the camera frame errors.. so lamo.
11-13-07, 05:07 PM   #72
Morrg
A Defias Bandit
Can't get anything to work

I just reinstalled Mazzle and the patch and "--" the recommended lines. When I launch the game there is not a hint of mazzle ui present. What am i not doing right???
11-13-07, 05:11 PM   #73
ceraph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Go back to your character screen, click addons and make sure there is a check on "load out of date addons"
11-13-07, 05:11 PM   #74
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
make sure you load out of date addons in the addon menu.
11-13-07, 05:12 PM   #75
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change SetCVar("statusBarText","1") to

SetCVar("xpBarText", "1")
SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by ganders : 11-13-07 at 05:15 PM.
11-13-07, 05:18 PM   #76
illza
A Defias Bandit
Possible Camera fix:

In MazzleUI_Models.lua find

Code:
local modelPath = self:GetModelPath(unitType)
and add the 2nd line
Code:
local modelPath = self:GetModelPath(unitType)
modelPath = string.gsub (modelPath, ".m2", "")
It's a temporary fix perhaps, but it looks like the file extension got added to the path. Removing it allows the method to run normally.

Edit: bah, still working on this, but I'm closer. Just needs cleaned up.

Last edited by illza : 11-13-07 at 05:23 PM.
11-13-07, 05:24 PM   #77
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question

Originally Posted by ganders
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change SetCVar("statusBarText","1") to

SetCVar("xpBarText", "1")
SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.

i am not sure where to find the .lua files?? what folder are they under?
11-13-07, 05:32 PM   #78
Morrg
A Defias Bandit
Easiest way to find them is just do a search for them
11-13-07, 05:32 PM   #79
Cian
A Murloc Raider
same problem as Morrg

I have the same problem as Morrg. I have re-installed 1.1 and the patch and loaded out of date addons, but when I go through the list of addons the actual MazzleUI is missing. All the other Mazzle addons show up but they say dependency missing MazzleUI. I have tried re-naming the actual folder, and dowloading again just to take the MazzleUI folder out and replace but it still does not recognize the folder. I am running a Mac, and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or what. Needless to say it is very frustrating. I also have not been able to find the DUF_Set.lua either in any folder to make the changes there.

Last edited by Cian : 11-13-07 at 05:34 PM.
11-13-07, 05:33 PM   #80
Nobunda
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

There all in your Interface addon folders

Props to you guys for getting these figured out early.. you rock.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.3 & Mazzle