09-01-12, 01:11 PM   #121
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I don't know if its been fixed, but that used to happen with certain languages other than English.
I apologize for this, but........

Will the people updating Carbonites files PLEASE change the version number in the Carbonite .toc file as you update it.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's driving me nuts! And it's not a very long trip.
Yeah, haven't touched the localizations myself.

EDIT -1- Rythal if you wanna let me know what needs to be fixed I'll take a piece of it at a time. I know it's a tedious task to handle by yourself and I have nothing but time.

EDIT -2- As per request, I updated the TOC file for my version I have hosted.

Last edited by Necrosage : 09-01-12 at 01:46 PM.

09-01-12, 02:24 PM   #122
iltemann
A Murloc Raider
questgivers not visible in map/minimap

Do anyone have a clue what to do here?

I can see where to deliver my quests after completed them, but for som reason i can`t see the questgiver icon, the: ! , when standing close to them, or at a place where i KNOW there is supposed to be.

PS: I can see it on the docked minimap, but not the "normal map"

Please help me here. Everything else works fine thnx to the fan uppdate, just missing this :-)

EDIT: Erm. I dont have a quest database i think?? HELP! How come? I noticed it by the fact that carbonite isnt showing the amount of quests done for zone achivement (the smal nubers telling you that you have done 15/65 quests). Have i lost out on something here?

Last edited by iltemann : 09-01-12 at 03:07 PM.

09-01-12, 03:08 PM   #123
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by iltemann View Post
Do anyone have a clue what to do here?

I can see where to deliver my quests after completed them, but for som reason i can`t see the questgiver icon, the: ! , when standing close to them, or at a place where i KNOW there is supposed to be.

PS: I can see it on the docked minimap, but not the "normal map"

Please help me here. Everything else works fine thnx to the fan uppdate, just missing this :-)
Yeah I noticed that glitch today while I was playing. If Rythal doesn't fix it before I get a chance to look at it I'll see what I can do. ATM I have to go grab a new vid card for my rig.

EDIT -- Check your quest options in carb. I know there's a checkbox you have to either mark/unmark to get that to show in your list but as I can't load it up ATM I can't tell ya exactly where it's at. I do know that it was working when I played earlier.

09-01-12, 03:25 PM   #124
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
(any my poor server & 1M upload bandwidth is screaming in agony lol)
Rythal, re: this, I sent you a PM.

09-01-12, 03:31 PM   #125
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
all we need is for the damn minimap transparency to be fixed!

09-01-12, 03:32 PM   #126
nikele
A Kobold Labourer
I sent a PM to Rythal (not sure if him or her? haha) to say thanks but I'm still not getting it.. I'm a total newb on WoW and I'm completely alone in installing this update.. I've got people waiting for the dev to respond which I think is just silly but anyway..

Are there install instructions that I'm just not seeing? jeez.. I feel dumb :P

09-01-12, 03:41 PM   #127
Trymepunk
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
Rythal, re: this, I sent you a PM.
As did I, regarding "(any my poor server & 1M upload bandwidth is screaming in agony lol)"

09-01-12, 03:47 PM   #128
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by nikele View Post
I sent a PM to Rythal (not sure if him or her? haha) to say thanks but I'm still not getting it.. I'm a total newb on WoW and I'm completely alone in installing this update.. I've got people waiting for the dev to respond which I think is just silly but anyway..

Are there install instructions that I'm just not seeing? jeez.. I feel dumb :P
There are two files contained in Rythal's zip file, named carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc. Assuming you already installed Carbonite through Curse or wowinterface or w/e, you should have a directory called

\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\Carbonite

In that folder will be several files, among them carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc. You need replace the two existing files in the Carbonite folder with the two files of the same name from Rythal's archive. That's it.

If you do not already have Carbonite installed, then you need to do that first, and then perform the file replacement.

09-01-12, 04:24 PM   #129
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I apologize for this, but........

Will the people updating Carbonites files PLEASE change the version number in the Carbonite .toc file as you update it.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's driving me nuts! And it's not a very long trip.
Why? What does it matter what the toc file says? Surely its a local value

09-01-12, 06:19 PM   #130
entity0
A Defias Bandit
Update to my prior post. Now that I installed your update correctly It's working fine, I am guilty of jackassery and apologize for said jackassery.

09-01-12, 06:28 PM   #131
mdc
A Defias Bandit
First of all : many thanks to Rythal for his fantastic job.

I'm using a french version of wow. I replace the 2 files (carbonite.lua and toc).
And then ... I can't even open the world map.
I receive a series of error messages like:
unknown map name and err MapGenAreas followed by the french names of zones.
I believe I have to translate something but I don't know where.
If it's in localization.lua, why only in french version (since all the people seems to replace only the carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc) ?

Somebody can help me ?

I apologies for my poor english.

09-01-12, 06:46 PM   #132
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
First of all : many thanks to Rythal for his fantastic job.

I'm using a french version of wow. I replace the 2 files (carbonite.lua and toc).
And then ... I can't even open the world map.
I receive a series of error messages like:
unknown map name and err MapGenAreas followed by the french names of zones.
I believe I have to translate something but I don't know where.
If it's in localization.lua, why only in french version (since all the people seems to replace only the carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc) ?

Somebody can help me ?

I apologies for my poor english.

Sorry but the update currently only works in English. Until the developers decide to update it or allow others to update it officially you'll have to make do with English version I'm afraid.

09-01-12, 07:59 PM   #133
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite map

I've tried everything i can think of to get it to work right i even tried the fix on this thread and its still not working....Is there anything else i can do to get carbonite to work. I'm so used to it that i have a hard time playing without it. I've attached a pic of what my map looks like. It looks fine when i zoom out but when i zoom in you cant see anything. And my quest arent showing up when i hit L to see my quest log and they also arent showing on the side of my screen. Its not showing that i have quests at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wowmap.png
Views:	506
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	7133  

09-01-12, 08:09 PM   #134
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by PhatChic06 View Post
I've tried everything i can think of to get it to work right i even tried the fix on this thread and its still not working....Is there anything else i can do to get carbonite to work. I'm so used to it that i have a hard time playing without it. I've attached a pic of what my map looks like. It looks fine when i zoom out but when i zoom in you cant see anything. And my quest arent showing up when i hit L to see my quest log and they also arent showing on the side of my screen. Its not showing that i have quests at all.
Right-click on the map, select transparency, adjust the slider listed as "Fade In Transparency" all the way to the right or until it equals 1.

Let me know if that fixes your issue.

09-01-12, 08:16 PM   #135
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Necrosage View Post
Right-click on the map, select transparency, adjust the slider listed as "Fade In Transparency" all the way to the right or until it equals 1.

Let me know if that fixes your issue.
Ok tried that and it just made my map go completely black. Thank you for the help..Im at a lose as what to do to get it work

09-01-12, 08:30 PM   #136
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Can you get a screen shot of that popup menu I mentioned and the black map?

09-01-12, 08:35 PM   #137
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
Can you get a screen shot of that popup menu I mentioned and the black map?
Here's the screen shot and the menu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonitemap.png
Views:	559
Size:	625.2 KB
ID:	7134  

09-01-12, 08:40 PM   #138
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Right-click and select "Show" this time and make sure "Show World" is checked please.

09-01-12, 08:42 PM   #139
PhatChic06
A Murloc Raider
Right-click and select "Show" this time and make sure "Show World" is checked please.
I have that checked

09-01-12, 08:52 PM   #140
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well I ended up causing my entire game to crash trying to recreate what you're experiencing. I think I'm gonna have to give you a rain check as I've been up since 1am and it's now like 11pm here. Hopefully someone else can solve it for ya. Sorry.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04