04-04-09, 03:02 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feature requests for TomTom

I'd like to hear what you guys would like to see added to TomTom. I'll keep the main post updated with suggestions, so feel free to ping me if I don't update it when you post something new. In particular I'd love to hear how you would like the addon to WORK for you, things like optimization I can manage on my own. Please try to be as specific as you can, and feel free to outline an entire workflow.

Requests:
  • Instead of saying "this zone" perhaps you could look up the zone the waypoint in question references, and then change the text to "Remove all waypoints from <Zone name>"
  • It would be nice to have an option to supply an icon texture when using the TomTom API.
  • Is there a way to get the distance to waypoint to show in the LDB display (directly - rather than in the tooltip)?
  • Can you add the Send To -> Party .. options to the crazy arrow's menu (stand-alone and LDB)? It's much easier to grap the current waypoint that way than to try to pick it out of the army of points I tend to have on my minimap or to flip to my world map.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 05-27-09 at 02:24 PM.
04-04-09, 03:11 PM   #2
Zergreth
A Fallenroot Satyr

A way to set new waypoints by shift-right-clicking (or some other combo) on the world map would sure as hell be awesome :D
04-04-09, 03:28 PM   #3
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
This already exists.. Open World Map Options, and set the modifier in order for it to work.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-04-09, 05:26 PM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
When removing waypoints, the context of "Remove all waypoints from this zone" can become ambiguous. This happens especially when referring to the crazy taxi arrow pointing to another zone.

Instead of saying "this zone" perhaps you could look up the zone the waypoint in question references, and then change the text to "Remove all waypoints from <Zone name>"
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-05-09, 07:34 AM   #5
Zergreth
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
This already exists.. Open World Map Options, and set the modifier in order for it to work.
Holy ****, I must be blind >.<
04-05-09, 07:53 AM   #6
Slakah
A Molten Giant

It might be nice to have an option to set the icon texture when using the TomTom API.
05-27-09, 02:07 PM   #7
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
LDB - display distance

Is there a way to get the distance to waypoint to show in the LDB display (directly - rather than in the tooltip)?
05-27-09, 02:07 PM   #8
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Crazy Arrow Menu

Can you add the Send To -> Party .. options to the crazy arrow's menu (stand-alone and LDB)? It's much easier to grap the current waypoint that way than to try to pick it out of the army of points I tend to have on my minimap or to flip to my world map.
06-24-09, 03:43 PM   #9
Carvynn
A Defias Bandit
A way to set the waypoint marker color would be nice, for instance in the Summer Festival to differentiate between the Horde and the Alliance waypoints with a Red or Blue marker.
08-04-09, 11:57 AM   #10
Hambil
A Fallenroot Satyr
3.2 Poi

Does the new POI API supply co-ords, and if so will Tomtom make use of them?
08-04-09, 11:58 AM   #11
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
The new POI system is not new because its not actually included in the build.. it was pulled a few PTR patches ago. Also, there's not really anything for TomTom to "take advantage" of. TomTom just displays waypoints.. so I'd be interested to hear what TomTom could do with that data?
08-04-09, 12:01 PM   #12
Hambil
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well, nothing if it's not in the build. But I was hoping that the POI system was going to contain co-ordinates for quests objectives and quest givers. Perhaps I misunderstood. If it did (does when and if it is released) then I assume Blizz has some way of accessing that. It would be nice not to need such heavy mods as Carbonite or Quest Helper anymore - plus in theory a Blizz supplied database would be more complete?
08-04-09, 12:02 PM   #13
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Hambil View Post
Well, nothing if it's not in the build. But I was hoping that the POI system was going to contain co-ordinates for quests objectives and quest givers. Perhaps I misunderstood. If it did (does when and if it is released) then I assume Blizz has some way of accessing that. It would be nice not to need such heavy mods as Carbonite or Quest Helper anymore - plus in theory a Blizz supplied database would be more complete?
Well that's not something for TomTom. An addon could easily make decisions based on the quest POIs when they eventually come into play, but that wouldn't be something to go in TomTom. A TomTom_QuestPOI addon or something would be the best bit.
08-04-09, 12:25 PM   #14
Cantankerous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you so much for this addon. It would be nice to have an option for what text to display when there is no waypoint set, and also change the text and arrow color. I was able to find "No waypoint" in the Lua so now I show "-" instead and a gray arrow. It's less distracting as my arrow is in my DockingStation top bar.
08-12-09, 06:26 PM   #15
Baraius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Is there a way to get the distance to waypoint to show in the LDB display (directly - rather than in the tooltip)?
Me too on this one. That's the only niggle I have.

-Baraius
08-16-09, 01:50 AM   #16
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hi Cladhaire,

Would it be possible to modify TomTom to have it to store the (dragged) location of the TomTomCrazyArrow frame in the profile?

Reason I'm asking is that if I ever start up WoW without TomTom present and enabled, which happens often enough on new patch days when everything is already a little crazy , then the client tends to discard the position information that it normally stores automatically, and I end up with the crazy arrow back in the center of the screen again, for every character, ugh!

I know managing the position stuff can be a bit of a pita (handling reset, screen size changes, etc.) and the problem doesn't happen that often, but it sure would be nice to have...

-- Cirk
09-03-09, 04:44 AM   #17
rubberwow
A Kobold Labourer
Bigger numbers

Hi Cladhaire, my father is getting old and has trouble reading the details on the screen of his TomTom one. He finds the speed display particularly useful, because it is displayed in relation to the current speed limit, but he cannot see it easily. Is there a way to augment one or all of the statistics visually? I can imagine having the current speed (or the time for example) fill the screen, in some degree of opacity, while still allowing the twists and turns of the road ahead to be seen.

R.
09-03-09, 05:35 AM   #18
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm not sure I really understand. The speed isn't displayed anywhere in TomTom, are you perhaps thinking of another addon? As for the ETA, that information is already displayed with the TomTom arrow, but I'm not sure what you're asking me to do to it. I definitely can sympathise with having issues seeing, but I'm not sure what you're asking for!
09-03-09, 07:07 AM   #19
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I am wondering and maybe this is dumb of me to think this but are you referring to the World of Warcraft addon TomTom or the Portable GPS Device TomTom. As I re-read your post rubberwow it sounds more and more like the latter...But I could be very wrong.

- Winston Churchill
09-03-09, 07:26 AM   #20
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
That would be incredibly interesting.. :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Feature requests for TomTom