08-25-18, 11:13 AM   #21
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
While I commend your analysis it is worthless unless we can get LibAbacus-3.0 officially updated and I have no idea how to do that.
My apologies. I should've quoted MuffinManKen.

Edit: Just got the most recent update of Skillet, Abacus is not in it, if you wanted confirmation.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 08-25-18 at 11:33 AM.
08-25-18, 01:02 PM   #22
MuffinManKen
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Not only does AutoBar use AceLibrary but the libraries AutBar uses also use AceLibrary. *sigh*

I'm going to go look at some more diffs on Bagnon versions and see if anything jumps out at me.
08-25-18, 05:37 PM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
I don't know but the Bagnon authors are MIA (and have been for a long time if over 150 open issues is any indication).

If something is messing with the call stack who knows who is going to be blamed when things blow up. All I know is that my client is happiest when Bagnon isn't loaded.
But Bagnon was just updated 3 weeks ago.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-18, 07:49 PM   #24
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
But Bagnon was just updated 3 weeks ago.
Maybe the authors update Bagnon based on only their own experiences. With over 150 open issues they appear to be ignoring the rest of their users. I also tried to contact them via PMs but got no response.
08-30-18, 12:39 PM   #25
MuffinManKen
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Any update on this? Did getting rid of LibAbacus fix things?
08-30-18, 01:32 PM   #26
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by MuffinManKen View Post
Any update on this? Did getting rid of LibAbacus fix things?
Skillet 4.05-beta2 is available and I expect to release 4.05 soon. Bagnon bags still open when Skillet opens so Bagnon is still broken (IMO). The other stack overflow bug can't blame Skillet anymore because Skillet doesn't load LibAbacus. If people delete their old install before installing 4.05, then the library won't even be there. I suspect, however, that many dormant copies of LibAbacus will exist in the Skillet folder for many years to come.

Last edited by bsmorgan : 08-30-18 at 01:36 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to handle addon interference?