06-09-18, 10:10 AM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Automatically Track/Untrack Addons by Zone

I thought there was an addon that would track/untrack quests as you entered/left a zone. I know Phanx's addon Zone Achievement Tracker does this for achievements. Perhaps I've just looked right at it and missed the addon.

Thanks
06-10-18, 11:19 AM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Are you talking about an addon that can tell you what quests are available in a specific zone? There are a few but in my biased opinion I would suggest the combination of Wholly and Grail. Together they can tell you lots of information about quests in all zones.
06-10-18, 01:55 PM   #3
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
Are you talking about an addon that can tell you what quests are available in a specific zone? There are a few but in my biased opinion I would suggest the combination of Wholly and Grail. Together they can tell you lots of information about quests in all zones.
I have those two and they work really well. I was trying to say an addon that would track all quests for a zone when you entered it and then untrack them when you left so that your quest tracker only has the quests for that zone. I thought there was something, but my brain probably mis-remembered.
06-11-18, 10:25 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 View Post
I have those two and they work really well. I was trying to say an addon that would track all quests for a zone when you entered it and then untrack them when you left so that your quest tracker only has the quests for that zone. I thought there was something, but my brain probably mis-remembered.
I've only seen a World Quest Tracker addon do that. I was contemplating investigating the possibility of a normal quest tracker that listed all available ones in the current zone, but not had the opportunity yet.
06-12-18, 07:52 AM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
So you mean putting the ones that you have in your quest log into Blizzard's quest tracker when you enter a zone, and changing them when you enter a new zone. Sounds like something that might make a good addition to Wholly. I will see if I can get some time to research it.
06-12-18, 06:09 PM   #6
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I've only seen a World Quest Tracker addon do that. I was contemplating investigating the possibility of a normal quest tracker that listed all available ones in the current zone, but not had the opportunity yet.
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
So you mean putting the ones that you have in your quest log into Blizzard's quest tracker when you enter a zone, and changing them when you enter a new zone. Sounds like something that might make a good addition to Wholly. I will see if I can get some time to research it.
Any research would be much appreciated.
08-05-18, 12:12 PM   #7
Namestaken
A Defias Bandit

Is this what you are looking for? I just uploaded it so it may be a bit before the file is available.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...ck-zone-quests

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oneQuests.html

Last edited by Namestaken : 08-05-18 at 12:22 PM.
08-05-18, 12:51 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This sounds an awful lot like Carbonite's quest watch window. You can get it to watch only quest's from the zone you are currently in, but you have to look in the options.

BE AWARE - Carbonite is a large, full featured, quest aid which has its own maps (in fact, the maps are the main module). You can install (or not) as many of the modules as you need.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-12-18, 10:59 AM   #9
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Namestaken View Post
Is this what you are looking for? I just uploaded it so it may be a bit before the file is available.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...ck-zone-quests

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oneQuests.html
I'll try it out and report back. Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatically Track/Untrack Addons by Zone