02-12-08, 08:58 AM   #1
Evolution85
A Black Drake

Help me find "The One"

I am looking for suggestions from the community on what I should use as my next UI. I have been using Spartan UI (Fans Update) but it has been causing me ALOT of headaches. Including causing WoW files to become corrupt. (The add on compilation has been determined to be the culprit) I really like the layout of it and how much of the screen it frees up, but with no one updating the UI its time to move on. So, I am looking for suggestions on another compilation.

So, heres what I am looking for.

1) Must be clean and good looking.
2) Must free up a good portion of the screen.
3) Must be user friendly and not require a PHD to configure.
4) Doesnt have to be a complete compilation, the UI is the most important part as I will add my own mods/add ons.
5) MUST be current and have an Author who actively updates and checks it!

I have been browsing many of the UI's here, but nothing really jumps out at me. So, throw me some suggerstions where to look.
02-12-08, 09:45 AM   #2
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I'm not one for compilations but why don't you download addons and configure them the way Spartan UI has it? To me that would be the best solution and easiest to maintain. That's just how I feel, don't know how it's for you. But I hope you find what you are looking for.
02-12-08, 09:56 AM   #3
Voonka
A Cyclonian
gotta agree with pigleet. Snag some essential compenents, and some of the basic "asthetic mods" like skinner, or eepanels2, maybe minimap reshaper, bar mods like bongos, and you've got the start of something that you will never be satisfied with and will work on constantly like an obsessed shoe maker in between raids moving things around only by millimeters at a time until finally you collapse under the pressure of your own self loathing from not being able to get things "just right". Oh by the way, grab align, it puts up a grid for, well, aligning. That way you won't be in the middle of a boss fight and repeating to yourself, "wait... is that off center? no.... wait... is it?!?"
02-12-08, 10:18 AM   #4
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

Agree with Pig and Voon. That's what I ended up doing after fixing Mazzle after a big patch update. Love Mazzle, but trying to figure out simple fixes or waiting for someone with better experience to have a chance to figure them out and post them was irking a bit.

Took the best things that I love about Mazzle and made my own setup. And using a lot of Ace addons with profiles, so it makes the setup for multiple toons a little quicker.

To add to Voonkas recommended start out addons, if you use Bongos2 there is a separate minimap addon pack that can reshape the minimap. For the initial setup to get things looking right, I used align, eepanels, bongos2, agUnitframes, buffalo, prat and fubar.

And yep, it's addictive. Even when it's "perfect" you're still looking for ways to "fix" it
02-12-08, 11:14 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Voonka View Post
gotta agree with pigleet. Snag some essential compenents, and some of the basic "asthetic mods" like skinner, or eepanels2, maybe minimap reshaper, bar mods like bongos, and you've got the start of something that you will never be satisfied with and will work on constantly like an obsessed shoe maker in between raids moving things around only by millimeters at a time until finally you collapse under the pressure of your own self loathing from not being able to get things "just right". Oh by the way, grab align, it puts up a grid for, well, aligning. That way you won't be in the middle of a boss fight and repeating to yourself, "wait... is that off center? no.... wait... is it?!?"

omg, I may have just found the perfect sig tag!! ^ (I am so tempted because that is so me rofl)
02-12-08, 10:30 PM   #6
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Lmao!!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
omg, I may have just found the perfect sig tag!! ^ (I am so tempted because that is so me rofl)

I thought the same thing!! That is bloody wonderful!! I'll arm wrestle ya for it!

02-12-08, 11:50 PM   #7
fuqinsim
A Murloc Raider
I''l agree with the masses too. Also I AM the same way.hehe! Started out with my buddies folder of about 150 addons(over half were outta date) and him sayin "oh u NEED these"! Dint know wth i had or wut to load or not.From there the obssession started. I too rely heavily on Ace mods for easy profile setups for multiple toons.Well, anyway, heres some recommendations:

barmod- Bongos, Trinity, Bartender3* + cyCircled*
chat- Prat*, Chatmod, Chat Frame Extender
info bars- Titan Panel, Fubar* and many lil plugins(durability, clock, xp, money, recommended zone, etc...)
mini map- Simpleminimap*
buff- Buffalo, Morganti's, or Satrina*
vendor-Autoprofit, Autoprofitx* (gotta sell the gray crap easy)
addon manager- rMCP*, ACP, Loadit
frame modification- Moveframes*, Move Anything*, Drag Queen
unit frames- ag unit frames*, Pitbull, Xperl
tooltip- Cowtip, Tiptac*
inventory- Bagnon*, Onebag
quest- Beql*, Questfu*, Lightheaded*, (Doublewide if u just want 2-pane log)
map- Cartographer* along with wutever plugins (Quest Objectives, Quests, &
NoteShare to name the ones i use)
loot- Xloot* & Xloot Group*, Tekloot
error- Bug Grabber* & Bug Sack*, Swatter, Improved Error Frame
*others*- Smartbuff, Fizzle, Close Up, Atlas, Minimap Button Frame, Duece Commander, ATSW

Note: * are fav's !
02-13-08, 12:27 AM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Many, many tears shed over that dilemma until I found Align...

02-13-08, 05:30 AM   #9
Elpis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The author of AllDeuce is working on DoubleDeuce and should be released within a week or so. It is mainly a standard ui with the bars, frames, bags etc but not bloated or any raid/healing addons etc. It looks very clean and very nice. You can expand it however much you want.

CHECK HERE

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help me find "The One"