04-15-09, 08:18 PM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Question dual spec switching

right now i'm using talented, and it takes quite a few clicks to swap specs. would be nice have something that provided a quick spec swap, like a broker icon to click.... or maybe all i need is a macro, anyone already have a solution? if not then the creation of such an addon would be most helpful
04-15-09, 09:00 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Try this:
Code:
/run SetActiveTalentGroup(groupIndex)
where group index is either 1 or 2 depending on what you want to switch to
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-16-09, 01:07 AM   #3
IBLJerry
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
/run SetActiveTalentGroup(3 - GetActiveTalentGroup())

The script above will switch your spec. The corresponding macro should look like:

Code:
/usetalents [spec:2] 1; 2
(I'm relatively bad at macro, so it might not work right away.
04-16-09, 07:08 PM   #4
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks btw, both worked great
04-17-09, 11:12 AM   #5
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
That macro is just what I was looking for!

I also had other ideas relating to dual spec that might actually require an addon:
• Suppressing the messages about what talent spells you've learned/unlearned. When I switch between holy and shadow on my priest, I get 38 messages about spells each time I change specs.

• Executing a script when done changing specs. Addon commands, /saying things, doing an /emote; Things that can be automated by an addon. This could be useful for changing profile settings for any number of addons. On my paladin, for example, it could be setup to have RatingBuster change settings so items are only valued for the spec I'm in, and also make my LDB plugins change.

The second point would really be great for hybrid classes. Instead of having to set up one UI to accomodate both specs, players would be able to effectively set up two UIs (depending on how many addons use profiles).
04-17-09, 11:27 AM   #6
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is also this addon on the Curse website.
It's LDB based though, so you will need an LDB display addon, like Titan Panel or Fortress, to use it.
04-17-09, 12:16 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Psychophan7: have a look at the addon Reflux.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » dual spec switching