06-04-08, 03:57 AM   #1
playsatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Smile Guild lottery

Gents and ladies !

im a little new to the coding buissness, how ever i am not a compleate noob.
now im trying to make a guild lottery addon, but its coming along at a bit of slow rate.
seeing as i dont have a great knowledge of lua, i thought i would find a few addons and splice the code from them. i have a quite a few good ones that do alot of the things i need.
one of the best ones i saw was loot roller. now i know that its a raid addon, but it has alot of what i want, in it.
stuff like : assigning each player to a number and then doing a /random of all those numbers, announcing it, being light weight, etc.
now although this is nice, i prefer an addon that was just for guild lotterys.
now i came accross this script which is kinda handy, but seeing as i cant change the GMOTD, and that it doesnt realy automate the whole thing, makes it a little usless:

/script local a,msg={},"Weekly Lotto Numbers are:" for b = 1,4 do local c = math.random(10) while a[c] do c = math.random(10) end a[c]=1 msg=msg.." "..c end GuildSetMOTD(msg)

basicly all i have so far is this little script. i do have wow addon studio, so a gui isnt realy a problem. but the other stuff like:

recognising that when a player send me 1g with the subject of the mail as lottery, it means they want a ticket.
the winner of the lottery would be announced in guild chat as soon as it took place, so other people using this addon cant swindle other guildies.

Oh and before anyone starts about how this type of addon is illegal because of the gambling is against the TOS, i have checked it with 2 differant GM's and they told me it was ok, as long as its guild only, and not spamed.
so basicly once, maybe twice a week at most.

anyway, hope u were able to get throught the wall of text, and can help me with my addon
06-07-08, 08:45 AM   #2
playsatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

No body has any ideas on how to help me ?
06-07-08, 09:45 AM   #3
Azair
A Murloc Raider
Sadly; this isn't allowed. I quote a blizzard poster:

Here's the official word on ingame gambling:

Conducting or facilitating ingame gambling of any kind is an actionable offense. Don't do it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...pageNo=1&sid=1

It is in the ToS as well; I believe forget which part.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild lottery