05-18-06, 07:14 AM   #1
Dimanoid
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to catch a click on chatframe (on the nicknames)?

I need to get the nickname from a chatframe which was clicked (or alt-clicked for example) or add one more option to the popup menu when you right-click nickname. Any ideas how to do that?
05-19-06, 10:58 AM   #2
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
The menu you are refering to is the UnitPopup dropdown menu which is defined in UnitPopup.lua

There are 6 different "unit" menus that are dealt with in that file, the one that is used when you right-click a name on the chat window is the "FRIEND" menu. If you take a close look at that file and get an understanding of how the menu works, you should be able to add an option to it.
05-22-06, 03:12 AM   #3
Dimanoid
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks a lot! With your help I did what I wanted.

PS. Its really simple when you know where to search.
05-29-06, 09:22 AM   #4
Selice
A Defias Bandit
Which UnitPopUp.lua contains the menu, you are talking of?

I extracted Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua out of interface.MPQ and it contains the following menus:

Code:
UnitPopupMenus = { };
UnitPopupMenus["SELF"] = { "FREE_FOR_ALL", "ROUND_ROBIN", "MASTER_LOOTER", "GROUP_LOOT", "NEED_BEFORE_GREED", "LOOT_THRESHOLD", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "LEAVE", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET"] = { "PET_PAPERDOLL", "PET_ABANDON", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET_RENAME"] = { "PET_PAPERDOLL", "PET_RENAME", "PET_ABANDON", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET_NOABANDON"] = { "PET_DISMISS", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PARTY"] = { "PROMOTE", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "UNINVITE", "INSPECT", "TRADE", "FOLLOW", "DUEL", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PLAYER"] = { "INSPECT", "INVITE", "TRADE", "FOLLOW", "DUEL", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["RAID"] = { "RAID_LEADER", "RAID_PROMOTE", "RAID_DEMOTE", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "RAID_REMOVE", "CANCEL" };
There is no FRIEND menu.

EDIT: I found it. It is in patch.MPQ, not in interface.MPQ.

Last edited by Selice : 05-29-06 at 09:29 AM.
05-29-06, 03:19 PM   #5
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Selice
Which UnitPopUp.lua contains the menu, you are talking of?

I extracted Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua out of interface.MPQ and it contains the following menus:

Code:
UnitPopupMenus = { };
UnitPopupMenus["SELF"] = { "FREE_FOR_ALL", "ROUND_ROBIN", "MASTER_LOOTER", "GROUP_LOOT", "NEED_BEFORE_GREED", "LOOT_THRESHOLD", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "LEAVE", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET"] = { "PET_PAPERDOLL", "PET_ABANDON", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET_RENAME"] = { "PET_PAPERDOLL", "PET_RENAME", "PET_ABANDON", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PET_NOABANDON"] = { "PET_DISMISS", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PARTY"] = { "PROMOTE", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "UNINVITE", "INSPECT", "TRADE", "FOLLOW", "DUEL", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["PLAYER"] = { "INSPECT", "INVITE", "TRADE", "FOLLOW", "DUEL", "CANCEL" };
UnitPopupMenus["RAID"] = { "RAID_LEADER", "RAID_PROMOTE", "RAID_DEMOTE", "LOOT_PROMOTE", "RAID_REMOVE", "CANCEL" };
There is no FRIEND menu.

EDIT: I found it. It is in patch.MPQ, not in interface.MPQ.
Don't use a third party extraction tool when you want to look at the UI code. Blizzard distributes an Interface AddOn Kit which will extract the most recent version of the UI files (the ones the game is currently using).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to catch a click on chatframe (on the nicknames)?