05-12-07, 07:56 AM   #1
nepluto
A Murloc Raider
Finding other players in guild running mod.

Ok. So i have been working on a mod i like to call Guild2Alt. Which is for those people who are in a raiding guild, and have all of the alt toons in an alt guild. So it's basically the same guild just the non raiding alts. I figure direct transfer of text is so much easier then haveing an median channel to talk in.

The addon will relay all of your own chat(if running the mod) to the alt channel with either [MG](coming from main guild) or [AG]( coming from alt guild). which works fine. Where i run into problems is actually bringing that text from the channel back into either guild. I need to set a leader which i call either agLeader or mgLeader depending on the guild, so that way not EVERYONE in the guild is pulling chat from the channel.

I figure if i use SortGuildRoster("rank") it will sort the guild by rank ( as i want the highest ranking member to relay the chat). But that is where i run into problems. As sometimes there are more then 1 person on with that same rank, as well as i need to verify that the person is actually running the addon, which of course i can use SendAddonMessage() and as soon as CHAT_MSG_ADDON is fired check for that player's name. but im just realy lossed on a method to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Finding other players in guild running mod.