04-11-07, 05:44 PM   #1
Pug
A Murloc Raider
I really only need 1 small thing.... control boxes

DAB had control boxes allowing you to open an action bar up by clicking/mouseover the control box. I loved this feature, and have decided its time for me to try to save alot of space for non-combat realed buttons. Im gonna dissect DAB 3.18(boxes do work there, but i like bongos better) and am trying to learn the language as i go.

a) would ripping that part of code help me set up a smaller UI to accomplish what i want. I know there has to be a way

b) Has someone already done this, and i just cant seem to find it ?
04-11-07, 06:07 PM   #2
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Check out something called AutoBar.

Ace2 addon, you can find it on wowace.com/files
04-11-07, 10:48 PM   #3
Pug
A Murloc Raider
Thx

Thanks for the tip, however, autobar seems to be very buggy atm and aftr scourin through forums on 3 websites, i finally found all the dependancies, only to encounter a new error
04-12-07, 08:39 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
AutoBar buggy? And all dependencies are included with its download... What error are you getting?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-12-07, 09:31 AM   #5
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Woah...Autobar has not been buggy in a very long time. Seerah's question is a good one, what errors are you getting? Another alternative is PT3bar, now that may be called buggy, but I love it.
04-13-07, 03:25 PM   #6
Pug
A Murloc Raider
I got autobar from wowace, however it required 3 dependancies(optional i guess, but i wouldnt load for me without them) I cant remember their names offhand, but I found out my problem by browsing their forum. Autobar wasnt what i was looking for anyways, although it sounds very nice. I just wanted to be able to make a text box and have it open n actionbar when clicked on. I wanna put my mounts/tradeskills ect there to save space...

I just realized i typed realed in my post yesterday, dont remeber what i was trying to type now...... guess i shoulda stopped at 2 drinks :P
04-13-07, 03:36 PM   #7
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
IN that case try trinity or bongos.

They're bar mods that both have bars that can be shown / hidden on demand or certain events.

Also, depending on your class you may, again depending on what it is you want to us eit for, get something like Serenity.

Serenity is geared for priests, has buttons for all our major buffs, buttons for mounts, even some buttons for potions, food, and drink. There's also a few customizable buttons and a few attack buttons as well. Pointless IMO. I'm a hotkeyer.

Anyway, you might find something like that useful or you can see if you can create a bar that get's hidden when in combat.. or shown on key or something.

Good luck.
04-13-07, 07:45 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Again, any dependencies for Autobar are included with it's download. Also, any file you get from wowace.com is the **most** recent version and may be beta quality. Autobar was undergoing a couple feature additions the past week or so.

If you want a spherical mod for any class you can try Henge, but I believe it still may have some beta qualities as well. Bartender3 is another bar mod (like Trinity, Bongos) that will allow to you hide a bar until you mouseover it. I currently have the bar with my ports/conjure stuff hidden until mouseover with B3.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-15-07, 07:47 PM   #9
Pug
A Murloc Raider
Thank you all for your suggestions. I use Bongos now, and am looking into making my own addon for it, to allow me to make control boxes to open the bars up. Im only gonna make this for my use, but will prolly throw it up on here for d/l at some time. Ive had a few ppl offer to help me so depending on their time and/or mine, hopefully Ill get it done this week.

Once again thank you all for your help

Pug
70 Lock Zangarmarsh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » I really only need 1 small thing.... control boxes