05-16-07, 04:33 PM   #1
jkm199
A Murloc Raider

Question Button List and Scrolling

ok im working on a simple xml only addon to play music ingame. i want to make it because im running on a relatively old laptop(only choice) and i cant run any progs in the background without lagging a lot. ive been using macro's but i need action bar space and ctmod isnt what i need. ive got a lot of music that i want access to and i cant do that with the limitations.

so far ive got the main frame. 2 buttons(1 song and 1 close) now i want to add more songs to it but i dont know how to add a button just under another.
example-----------
|---------------------|
|---------[close]---|

(sry for bad ascii art)
i have songbutton and close but i dont know how to but sbutton2 right under songbutton. the window is a bit taller than that. this is just a general image.
if i can find out how to add the second song button then i want to know how to add a scroll bar and make the frame scrollable. i have no idea how to do this at all. i have a list of about 40 songs i want to listen to ingame(just the ones i have copied, converted, and moved) that i want to be able to set up like i have above and be able to scroll through it.

for those that help u have my gratitude.

once its in a good "working beta" state and my clan gets a site ill post it there and link to it for download.

Last edited by jkm199 : 05-17-07 at 07:14 PM.
05-16-07, 07:07 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just curious, but have you tried any of the other in-game music players?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-16-07, 09:24 PM   #3
jkm199
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Seerah
Just curious, but have you tried any of the other in-game music players?
no but i enjoy scripting for games like WoW. its fun. so i wanna make one myself.
05-17-07, 07:13 PM   #4
jkm199
A Murloc Raider

ok its alright if noone wants to describe how to do this to a noob like me. i completely understand. so i would like to change my request. can you point me towards an addon that has this kind of interface or preferably tell me which xml file the main menu(normally the esc button) in WoW is? if i can get one of those i can look through the file and figure it out myself. any help is greatly appreciated
05-30-07, 05:39 AM   #5
Felankor
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know its been about 12 days since the last post but if you still need help theres a good tutorial for what you want to do on wowwiki. Link to it below:

http://www.wowwiki.com/HOWTO:_Make_a...lFrameTemplate

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Button List and Scrolling